tuscl

Pay To Use The Restroom?

shailynn
They never tell you what you need to know.
Sunday, August 6, 2017 2:28 PM
Hahaha Crazyjoe would not like this, paying to poop. In my international travels I have seen this for years, having to pay to use the restroom. Have anyone even seen this tactic in the United States or Canada (and signs in establishments saying "restrooms for customers only" does not count). Paying to use the restroom and not even having a troll there to hand you a paper towel sucks!

23 comments

• shadowcat
    7 years ago
    Yes I remember them right here in the U.S.A. It was 5 cents and you had to put it in the slot and turn the handle and then the door would open.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    It's common in Europe and Asai and Latin America. I don't think I've seen it in the US.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    As Shadowcat pointed out it used to be quite common in the USA, I also know that many truck stops have pay per use showers.
  • rh48hr
    7 years ago
    I do remember pay per use restrooms on trips I used to take with my family as a kid. Usually at gas stations.
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    I remember the 10 cent pay toilets in truck stops in the US. There was always one that had graffiti saying "free, just crawl under!" on the stall door. There was usually at least one that had been broken, too, so you could just pull it open without having to waste your 10c. Pay toilets are all over in Paris, but the McDonald's in the First Arrondissement was a free place to shit during my visit. Apparently no one would challenge you if you looked fat and American enough going to shit at the McDonald's without buying something.
  • Mr_Kay
    7 years ago
    How old are you cunts
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    Yeah its all over nyc
  • rane1234
    7 years ago
    Tokens... Same thing you have to buy something to get one
  • Mate27
    7 years ago
    Once upon a time, I paid a dime, and only farted. The next time.... I took a chance, And shit my pants!!
  • shadowcat
    7 years ago
    From the shit house walls: "here I sit. Broken hearted. Paid a nickle to shit but only farted".
  • ime
    7 years ago
    I stopped to get gas in a rough as neighborhood one, and went in to use the bathroom and you needed quarters to use it. The owner gave me a quarter since I had just put $50 of gas in my car, he said they did it to basically keep junkies out of there.
  • etsutwigg222
    7 years ago
    Was in San Francisco and San Diego 3 months ago and both cities had pay toilets in CVS and a grocery store, Von's, I think or what ever the name of the Kroger owned one is there. It was a token from cash register at both that you got for $1 or a purchase!!! If Micky D's ever starts this, the world as we know it will end!!!
  • shailynn
    7 years ago
    As stated before I travel a lot for work. I personally haven't seen it in a long time in the United States, knew it was out there. I usually am using a nice clean free restroom in travel plazas on the turnpike, airports or nice restaurants. I even know which restaurants to stop at and use the john - 90% of the time they are clean and nobody will ask anything if I'm not a customer.
  • JAprufrock
    7 years ago
    I remember pay toilets way back in the day at the airport, when I was a kid in the early 70s. I was able to slide under the door. Now, if I come across one and don't have any change I'll just take dump in the sink. And they can shove their fucking pay toilets up their asses.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    It has been decades since I've seen them. Yeah, airports and rest areas were the most common as I remember.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    He who writes on shit house walls Rolls his shit in little balls Those who read these words of wit Eat those little balls of shit Anonymous
  • Tiredtraveler
    7 years ago
    There used to be pay stalls every where and store restrooms were clean. I remember going it a department store rest rooms when I was a kid and there would be one free stall and the rest would be dime! That was a lot of money in the early 60's. Restrooms cost a lot of money to install, operate and maintain! Many cities decided that stores had to have public restrooms if they are above a certain size and all restaurants with indoor sit down areas. There are many costs built into the prices you pay in stores. NOTHING IS FREE I was in a store recently and went into the restroom that was in the front of the store and it was disgusting. They said because the restroom being close to the front of the store they had so many people off the street using it they had to just let it get that way. They had tried to limit access to customers only but some asshole freeloader reported them to the city who came in and fined them for limiting access because of the size of the store. I notice most new stores place restrooms at the most inconvenient locations from the entrance to discourage non customers.
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    It's been a while, but I remember an incident in Luxembourg where I didn't tip the female bathroom attendant. All hell broke loose.
  • JAprufrock
    7 years ago
    ^^^^Female bathroom attendant in the men's room? That's odd. Were guys walking around with the dicks hanging out in front of her?
  • mark94
    7 years ago
    The attendants were all older women. They sat near the sink. That was common practice in parts of Europe back then. I don't know if they still exist.
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    Maybe they identified as male.
  • san_jose_guy
    7 years ago
    Probably our business and restaurant rules do not allow pay 4 use bathrooms. Never seen such things. SJG
  • Crownand7
    7 years ago
    Most cities and states in the US outlawed pay toilets. Women and the plumbing lobby were the main pushers for the law. Urinals are free but dame have to pay every time and plumbers have an obvious self-interest in mandatory free public toilets.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion