tuscl

You're old, fat and ugly.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Ever had one of those dancers that won't take no for answer. You try to be polite and nice but they just keep at it. Why Not? Because you are not my type. Why? Because I like em petite. I'm only 5'2". You're still not my type. Then the race card. So you don't like (fill in)? I finally just refuse to speak any more for fear that I am going to tell them WHY!

28 comments

• rockstar666
    7 years ago
    Usually when I say no, they go away. If a dancer didn't understand no means no, I'd tell her I don't want to call a manager/bouncer. I've never had it escalate to that point however.

I always think of the staff as the go-to if I have any problem that involves a dancer. They prefer it that way too I'm sure. You don't want to get into a heated dispute with a dancer or other customer because you never know how it will end up. Too many people carry guns these days.
  • K
    7 years ago
    I thought you were talking to me.
  • georgmicrodong
    7 years ago
    What K said.

Fortunately, I've only had to resort to blunt force trauma to the ego a few times. Being fat and ugly myself, I prefer not to go that route.
  • ime
    7 years ago
    It is definitely one of the more awkward situations to be in, when you're trying to not hurt their feelings. I usually go with no thanks not doing dances right now or waiting for another dancer, whether that is true or not.
  • Ironcat
    7 years ago
    Actually, the waiting for another dancer is my favorite since most dancers don't want to cut into somebody else's regular customer. I reality, it's not a lie since what I really mean is that I'm waiting for a dancer that isn't her.
  • jackslash
    7 years ago
    Some will not take no for an answer. Maybe they are desperate for money to pay the rent or buy drugs.
  • gammanu95
    7 years ago
    I only had a dancer push back on my "no" answer one time. I told her I wasn't feeling it, and she looked a little confused, but accepted it. I understand they need to make money, but arguing with a customer who doesn't want to you to dance for them seems like a real waste of time and energy.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    Dammit Shadow I've Told you that you aren't my type, you don't need to get insulting ; )
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    There really isn't anything one can say to these types of dancers - after 2 or 3 no's I'll usually either:

* totally ignore them as if fhey are not there

* if they stay there cock-blocking me I'll either get up and walk-around if I don't necessarily wanna hold that seat or just grab a dancer I like as she walks by
  • flagooner
    7 years ago
    I've used this on one dancer that was overly persistent...

"If you want to rub my cock, that's fine, but I'm saving my money for someone else."

She actually worked me up to a nice hardon that another dancer finished off. Only dancer 2 got paid, and she got a tip.
  • Call.Me.Ishmael
    7 years ago
    I also thought that this was going to be about customers rather than dancers...

Anyway, yes it has happened, but rarely. In one instance, I was sitting at the bar and said to the bartender "If she doesn't go away, I'm going to stop spending money." The bartenders rolled her eyes sympathetically, and quickly chatted with a bouncer. The bouncer gently coaxed her off the barstool next to me without much drama (I got glared at... shrug).

I got a free drink.
  • Papi_Chulo
    7 years ago
    Now that I saw flag post it reminds me of a worse situation.

One time @ Inner Room 2+ years on a slow early Sat dayshift, had an old, very unattractive, meth-looking chick, wrap herself around me at the bar like a boa-constructor for 5-minutes+ thinking she was being sexy - I didn't wanna be rude and tell her to get off of me so endured it for 5-minutes+ until I finally said something along the lines of I didn't want any dances right now - but yeah the ones that literally jump on your lap and wrap themselves around you can be even worse (these days I get them off of me pretty-quickly but still uncomfortable to literally choo them off) .
  • goldmongerATL
    7 years ago
    I told one fugly clinger (she did kind of look like Corporal Klinger) that she reminded me of my dead uncle.
  • RTP
    7 years ago
    Shadow, I had this happen to me on two of my last three visits to Follies. The dancer was very aggressive and just not my type. I said no (you know I don't do that very often to dancers that speak english) and she got right in my face and told me that I was being rude to her. The dancer was physically large, somewhat intimidating. Certainly not a turn on to me. Fortunately, another dancer nearby saw what was happening and rescued me. I gave her a nice tip.
    This actually happened on two straight visits with the same dancer, but it was much worse the second time than the first. I did not see this dancer during my last trip to Follies. I am hopeful that she is gone.
  • Estafador
    7 years ago
    Sounds like you need a wingman to say the things you won't. Because if we're you, I'd have no problem telling her she's old fat and fugly
  • GoVikings
    7 years ago
    Haven't had much of an issue with this. Not to the point that I got annoyed or anything

One time a girl asked me for a dance and I said no and then she said "we'll can you at least give me and dollar or two tip" and I said no and she went away
  • ppwh
    7 years ago
    I agree with the strategy of ceasing to respond to them after a couple of no's. As long as you're still talking with them, they can see it as a negotiation where they could still close the deal.

Sometimes a dancer I'm not interested in will sit down, and looking away and stage tipping while not showing any attention to her usually works.

Last time something like this happened, I was at a new club and the hottest dancer there who had been sitting with a customer was up walking around looking for her next victim. Once she got about 10 feet away, turning my complete attention to her and telling the one who was with me that I was waiting for her got the job done.

It was briefly awkward because me "waiting for her" came out of nowhere, but I explained that she was the cutest girl in the club and I didn't want her to think that I had already been taken by someone else. Everything worked out as I had hoped for that visit, so being up-front without enumerating the flaws of the potential CB dancer did the trick.
  • Subraman
    7 years ago
    It's rare I run into this anymore. I would like to attribute this to my dominant, alpha-male countenance, which no stripper dares test. But, in reality I think it's 90% due to how I SC, in particular spending most of my time in the slowest-hustle shifts of the slowest-hustle clubs, so I'm far less likely to run into such aggressive strippers in the first place; then add in that I'm a regular at those clubs, and the girls' worst behavior is usually saved for transient customers, and that makes me even less likely to run into it.

I do wonder, though, if my M.O. does cut this kind of behavior off, the first times it's started up:
    1. Clear, direct, respectful, confident, eye-contact "No thank you" that leaves no room for doubt about how resolute I am in my reply, without coming off asshole-y. I do think that SOME of the time (not always), the hyper-aggressive strippers get triggered by either weakness or someone who is obviously uncomfortable.

2. I don't engage in the hustle-spiral. The hyper-aggressive hustlers go from "wanna dance?" to "why not?" to "aren't I your type?" to "don't you like X?", etc. The goal is to either make the customer so uncomfortable that he relents, or perhaps have him fall into a verbal trap so he has to relent so he doesn't look bad... or worst case, she's humiliated him and made him feel bad, which makes her feel good and is just as good an outcome. Once I answer "no thank you", depending on the vibe I get, I might do anything from just repeating "no thank you" and turning away, to playfully asking her questions back ("no, you're not my type, who do you think is?") and simply always turning my reply into a new question for her, until she gets frustrated and leaves. In any case, the thing I DO NOT EVER DO: just simply answer her one-after-another questions while she spirals deeper and deeper
  • Warrenboy75
    7 years ago
    This is my first time posting and I admit I am just returning to the strip club scene after a long absence but sitting at the bar seems to reduce the amount of what I would refer to as clutter time, meaning screwing up the time you want to spend having a good time. It also helps because if it escalates one of the bartenders has a real good chance of hearing the nonsense--always tip the bartender well..........I don't have the advantage of being a real regular anywhere I partake.

• vincemichaels
    7 years ago
    I can be very polite or I can be a bastard if they don't go away, I'll ask for the manager in their presence. That usually scares them off. If it doesn't I have no problem explaining to the manager that the dancer is harassing me. I love the expression on their face when I do that.
  • carolinaclubman
    7 years ago
    Many of them simply refuse to take a hint. If you totally….and obviously deliberately avoid eye contact with them, look around them instead of at them, and act completely disinterested they should get the idea, but some don't. I guess some guys bite the bullet and spend money on them even though they don't really want to, and then the dancer comes to expect it. I have had them hit me up, I tell them no. Why not? Personal preference. They can ruin your night, not make any money because they're wasting time on you when maybe someone else would spend money on them, and basically keep other girls away from you. If I am sitting alone and one that I have no interest in walks up, I tell them I am waiting on someone. Even that doesn't work sometimes, they'll ask who I'm waiting on to which I reply "I don't remember her name but I know what she looks like", or they'll tell me they'll make me forget about her, or I've actually had a dancer that knew I actually was waiting on another one push her way in anyway. When all else fails, I outright ignore, go to the bathroom and head elsewhere in the club when I come out, or go tip at the stage and stay there a while.
  • twentyfive
    7 years ago
    I have said this so many times I am getting tired of saying it but here it is, "HOW DOES A YOUNG GIRL IN HER UNDREWEAR, INTIMIDATE SUPPOSEDLY GROWN UP MEN" I mean really guys grow some stones !
  • IHearVoices
    7 years ago
    Doesn't happen to me much anymore, but I think that's because I've started to tell them I'm waiting for someone (although sometimes the girl I'm waiting for may not know it) more often than I tell them no. They seem to accept that, although one girl at Tootsies tried to wait with me.

I don't remember ever telling a girl she straight up wasn't attractive. I've walked away, though.
  • DandyDan
    7 years ago
    I go with the "I'm waiting for someone" strategy even though there isn't always someone I'm waiting for.
  • JimGassagain
    7 years ago
    That's what she said!
  • rockstar666
    7 years ago
    25: Yes, there are men intimidated by these girls, no doubt. Probably the ones in their early 20's or new to the club universe. I know I was intimidated by the whole thing my first couple years of clubbing, but now that I know a few things, I'm a lot more confident than I used to be.

I remember a conversation with a dancer about me being nervous sometimes and she thought that very funny. To her, it was just a bunch of young girls in their underwear!
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    It's been years since I met a dancer who didn't take no for an answer. It's not intimidation. It's being polite not wanting to hurt her feelings but getting annoyed. It's kind of like letting a fly fly around without getting a newspaper and crushing it because you prefer to just ignore it and focus on something else, like dancers on the stage. I don go around being intimidated by mosquitos but I usually don't go on a rampage trying to kill every mosquito either. However those little things can get annoying like a dancer that doesn't understand what no means. In the last case, I believe the dancer felt rejected so much she might have quit dancing. That wasn't my intention. I was trying to be reject her nicely.
  • sharkhunter
    7 years ago
    I will admit there was one dancer who didn't take no for an answer and I sort of enjoyed it. I think she noticed I was smiling. I was making up excuses like I didn't want to pay or dances. She offered to do it for free and I didn't have to pay if I didn't like it. I said no. She offered totally free. I said no again. She offered to take me to her home. I thought she was bluffing. That sounded interesting but I decided to say no again since I said no to all her other answers. She never bothered me again. Now if I had twisted my words around a little bit, I could see where sex could be the end result if a dancer is really determined. I doubt most dancers will even get to a free dance offer.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion