tuscl

Advice on choosing among 4 European cities

Monday, November 14, 2016 7:23 PM
Not that I'm moving but somebody asked me for preferences : Dublin Vs London Vs Berlin Vs Zurich ( possibly live there for a year or 2) What I think : Dublin : Earn less, spend even lesser. More bars than people, more girls than guys and a lot of desperate Catholic nuns. London : Dumb place, dumb weather. People who mince words never speak directly. Lot of LGBT (no benefit there) Berlin : Work with robots. Fuck with mechanical women. FKKs saunas and lot of gangbang parties. Zurich : Expensive as fuck. Earn more spend in other parts of the world. Silent women, prudish people limited nightlife but who cares.

13 comments

• mjx01
    8 years ago
    Frankfurt > Berlin
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    Your remarks about London are ignorant.
  • ThereAndBackAgain
    8 years ago
    @londonguy did you get offended, of course they are ignorant, i have never lived there. That's why the topic says seeking advice :) This may interest you. Published in Harvard Business Review : [view link]
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    Maybe you should plan some vacations. Stay in each city for a few weeks. See how you fit. By the way, you do know that European countries don't grant permanent residency to all Americans that dislike election outcomes. That's Canada. They're brilliant that way! ;)
  • WetWilly
    8 years ago
    You've never been to any of the places, and you're trying to choose based on readings alone? If so, travel to each of the four places.
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    London has great history and museums and monuments. Most of the museums are free. I was last there in 2009 and I would like to go back. Maybe stay for a month.
  • Dougster
    8 years ago
    From the Londoners I've worked with they seem super smart but also workaholics.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Comments on four cities without having been to any of them? Could ThereAndBackAgain be an SJG alias? America, and londonguy, have a right to know! ;-)
  • jester214
    8 years ago
    I've visited them all and enjoy each in it's own way but I wouldn't really want to live in any of them. Zurich and London are too expensive and Zurich is pretty small. Dublin would probably be my choice with a gun to my head.
  • ThereAndBackAgain
    8 years ago
    @Dawg there's always a first time before second. Comments are based on my experiences and connections with people across the world, and friends that have stayed and worked in multiple countries. And they may be off ...
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    @ ThereAndbBckAgain. Absolutely not offended, I spent many years in HM Forces where you soon learn that whatever shit you see, hear and read you just don't get offended. By the way London has it's faults that are mainly brought about by the Government and Mayor but it's a great city. but I would say that wouldn't I.
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    Since you're asking for advice, here's mine: I've been to all four of these cities -- many (6+) times to London and Berlin and once each to Dublin and Zurich. Your remarks about all four strike me as quite ignorant, especially: Dublin : a lot of desperate Catholic nuns. London : (everything you said) Berlin : Work with robots. Fuck with mechanical women. Zurich : Silent women, prudish people limited nightlife but who cares. I love all four of these cities and would welcome the opportunity to live in *any* of them for a year, but I think my choice would be London, the greatest city in the world. It is said that "If you're bored with London, you're bored with life". You could spend the rest of your life in London and its environs and never run out of museums, palaces, churches, restaurants, pubs, parks, etc. etc. to visit. "Dumb place" indeed!
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    @ThereAndbBackAgain:. No real criticism meant. Just a little humor aimed more at SJG than you. ;-)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion