tuscl

Strip clubs didn't see expected RNC boost

jackslash
Detroit strip clubs
As I predicted, the Republican convention was not a boon for strip clubs.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/local-news/…

6 comments

• Dougster
    8 years ago
    As san_jose_gay and txtittyfag may be happy to hear it's probably because the Republican party is turning gay.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Typical of major events.
  • rickdugan
    8 years ago
    Of course not. Everyone knows that journalists are just waiting to catch politicians and their staff at places like strip clubs during events like this. Nowadays, even some junior campaign staffer being caught in a compromising position becomes a spun news story. Nobody with any hope of a future in politics is going to darken the door of a strip joint located anywhere close to a major political event.
  • dallas702
    8 years ago
    rickdugan, I don't disagree with you - at least not when it is a Republican staffer. The Dems seem to have different standards, and the tacit complicity of most "journalists." Sanders staff was reviewing Hillary DNC data (while Hillary's team was likely doing the same) and both sides got a pass from the press. In Jan or Feb, 16 a Hillary campaign staffer was arrested in DC on drug charges and it never even hit the news cycle (local coverage was minimal and only the NY Post even connected the staffer to Clinton). Note that John Edwards almost got away with getting outed having a mistress! - It was only his wife's cancer that finally got the press smear into gear.

And no one can honestly claim that a Republican with the kind of scandals following Hillary around would survive even the first month of primary campaigning.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    Plus the locals (like me) went out the week before to avoid any potential crowds and/or security zones. .. which sort of backfired (for me) as not enough girls were working then for the crowd that did show up. At least the way it was pitched in the media when Cleveland was chosen (500+ days ago), it was the locals were getting excited to socialize with the RNC visitors but the media and the City made it clear that there were be security zones and locals wouldn't be allowed in the convention areas which meant many of the locals wanted nothing to do with the convention goers (soured the enthusiasm) so we're waiting for them (RNC) to leave so we can go about our business. So that (perception) didn't help.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    8 years ago
    ^^^ So Cleveland was basically a domestic city under a 'state of Siege' by an outside entity, with day-to-day life disrupted by a group with an outside agenda?? Sounds like an act of Terrorism to me!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion