tuscl

Shadowcat update

snowtime
Georgia
Monday, May 2, 2016 2:46 PM
Last night while preparing for his hospital visit, Shadowcat asked me to post an update on his surgery whenever the information became available. It is 5:30 pm in Atlanta and his daughter just called me to fill me in on the surgery. As Shadowcat noted in his post last night there were two possible ways that the doctors would proceed today. Unfortunately for him, they decided he needed the longer and more difficult of the two options. He went into surgery this morning and will not be out until early evening. If I understood his daughter correctly, they were going to have to remove a piece of his jawbone. Then they would have to remove a small piece of bone in his arm to replace the missing bone in his jaw. Then they would have to graft some skin, to repair the arm, I think. It all sounds very complicated and obviously takes a long time. I expect he will be in the hospital for at least a week, but will post more information as I find out. I doubt I will hear much more until late Tuesday or Wed. His daughter is well aware of (some of) his strip club adventures and also TUSCL. She said to tell "the guys" that he will be back in Shadowcat mode very soon. I told her that as of 5pm he had received 45 well wishes on the original post about his surgery. She seemed very pleased that so many of his "friends" had taken the time to wish him well. Once he is able to use it, she will bring him a tablet so he can get back on TUSCL from his hospital bed. That should be interesting and a first on this site, to the best of my knowledge. Please keep Shadowcat in your thoughts and prayers as this will be a very tough week for him. Snowtime

26 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Thanks so much for the update and keep us updated if you can. Tough news that they had to opt for the bigger surgery but hopefully w/ time he'll recover albeit it will be a longer one.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    I'm sure he will be fine I will be saying a prayer for him.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    My regards for the master.
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Thanks for the update my good friend Does shadow believe in the Lord Jesus ? I pray that the Holy spirit regeneration his heart and give him the gift of faith so that he may enjoy Eternally Life and Sanctification. I pray that the blood of Christ is sufficient for his sins
  • GACA
    8 years ago
    Thanks for the update, Shadow and I hung out yesterday he informed me he'd be out of commission for a while depending which way the surgery went. I'm definitely keeping Master Shadow in my thoughts
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Thanks for the update. I'll pray for him.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Please get well soon brother. You're in my thoughts
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    Thanks for the update. I hope his body is strong and I hope his recovery will be smooth.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Hey snowtime, good to see you again. When I was in the hospital last October I had my laptop and logged in regularly on the hospital wireless, to keep tabs on our exploits. These kinds of surgeries are complex and I hope all goes well. I have lost enough friends, I want shadowcat around for a long, long time.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    Intense. Yes, a speedy recovery for Shadowcat! SJG
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Thanks for the update.
  • etsutwigg222
    8 years ago
    Good ans fast recovery . Shadow cat is in a top notch facility that know what they are doing.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Thanks snowtime. I appreciate it. May he have the best doctors in Atlanta!
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Thanks for the update. I hope he recovers quickly!
  • DroidX
    8 years ago
    Been praying ever since he told me about it. Here's to a speedy recovery. I'll keep your seat warm (but not your favorites).
  • Corvus
    8 years ago
    Thanks for the update Snowtime, much appreciated. And continued hope for Shadowcat's quick recovery.
  • likes2look
    8 years ago
    I hope all his nurses worked their way through school as strippers.
  • VeryBigDawg
    8 years ago
    Snowtime, thanks for the info.
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Get well soon Shadow.
  • gammanu95
    8 years ago
    Godspeed on your recovery, brother. I'll keep you in my prayers.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Offering up a get well soon wish for SC!
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Thanks for the info and hope he has a speedy recovery. I didn't know he was going in for surgery. I must have missed it.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Thanks for the update! Shadow is the man! Hope he is back soon!
  • chukko
    8 years ago
    I'm a little late too the party, but good luck on your recovery. I never met you, but you are without a doubt a legend and so I wish you well.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    "Thanks for the update! Shadow is the man! Hope he is back soon!" Brilliant sentiments! I told little 4got and he just decided that he wanted to become a therapy dog! So now there is a wiener dog walking to Atlanta to cheer up a convalescing cat! ;)
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Get well soon Shadowcat!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion