tuscl

What is your ultimate pizza?

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
Sunday, April 17, 2016 11:45 PM
I choose thin crust, green pepper, sausage, and pineapple. From either Pizza Hut or dominos.

50 comments

• rh48hr
    8 years ago
    Although I haven't had it in a long time, ham and pineapple is my favorite. I may just have to order one of those here soon.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    If it doesn't have pepperoni on it, it isn't pizza. Papa John's is my favorite chain.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    +1 Shadowcat I keep it simple. Pepperoni and Onions. Of the national chains, I like Papa Johns but I usually order from a local family owned place.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    The place I order from was started by Italian immigrants back in the 50's. They have their cheese made for them. I don't know what it is, but it's not the same tasteless mozzarella you get at the store. This cheese makes the difference.
  • 4got2wipe
    8 years ago
    I never eat chain pizza. There are already too many non-brilliant things in life to add cardboard food to the mix! My favorite local place makes a nice thick crust pizza with tomatoes and basil that I like. It's ace! ;)
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    My preference is a 'meat feast' pizza without onions - I hate them.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Hawaiian pizza with canadian bacon pinapple and creme cheese from a local place. For Chain places Papa Hohnsnis best
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    PapaJohns
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    I like pizza with buffalo sauce, chicken and pineapple.
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    I used to like pepperoni only on a good NY style thin crust slice. It's still good, but now I prefer roasted red peppers or fresh diced tomato on top. If you find a really good NY style pizza place and they have thinly sliced meatball as a topping, it's usually delicious. Even a simple cheese slice is perfect if it's from a good pizza joint.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    +1 shadowcat, if there's no pepperoni, it ain't pizza. My favorite pizza is extra cheese, double pepperoni, Italian sausage. Roasted peppers if I'm feeling adventurous. :) However, the Papa Johns places in Louisville aren't that great. Not horrible, just "OK." Dominos just plain sucks. I can't even call it pizza anymore. Of the major chains that cook pizza, Pizza Hut ranks at the top for me, followed closely by Little Caesar's. Papa Murphy's, a place where they make the pizza for you to take home and bake, is my current favorite. Locally, there are three that outstrip all of the chains, Bearno's, Wick's and Impellizzeri's. All three are awesome.
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Any city has local pizza joints that blow the big chains away. Myself I cant stand the taste of Dominoes' or Pizza Hut they taste like cardboard with shredded paper and their toppings are never fresh. BTW pineapple on pizza sucks, its like putting Ragu on Chinese food.
  • ime
    8 years ago
    Preach on brother!
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Dominos? My god John, no offense but I hope your actual taste in women surpasses your taste in pizza! Pizza Hut is fair, better than nothing but Dominos is horrendous!
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Hawaiian and Mediterranean pizza
  • JuiceBox69
    8 years ago
    Small business is better but if I choose a chain it's pizza hut...
  • shailynn
    8 years ago
    Juicy likes Chackin Fangers on his pizza
  • bvino
    8 years ago
    Where I live their are dozens of pizza places and every independent one is better than the chains. I like a thin pizza with Rapini and Italian sausage but I still like greasy pepperoni/onions and green peppers and anchovies.
  • crazyjoe
    8 years ago
    Try chicken and jalapeños with pizza hut new yorker sause
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    My favorite? Start with a scratch made gluten free crust, baked just short of completely done. Pull it from the oven, top with a mixture of olive oil, spicy Italian sausage, onions, mushrooms, tomatoes and artichoke hearts sauteed in a pan, and a mix of Gruyère and Parmesan cheese literally sprinkled over the top. 'Atsa good pizza!
  • metaldude
    8 years ago
    Thin crust sausage, thick crust buffalo chicken. And never, never, never from a chain. Why would you put yourself through that? Even in the south and other parts of the country that aren't anywhere near as good for pizza as the new york area there are always places you can find that beat the living crap out of any chain.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    I stay far away from chain pizza. There are some incredible family owned pizza places in my town. I love a nice - fresh out of the oven - Sicilian pizza -
  • SmithWV
    8 years ago
    Double mushroom from PapaJohns. But will never pass up a pie from Chicago.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Thin crust (or regular), light sauce, with jalapeños, mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach if they have it. With crushed red pepper on top, dipped in ranch.
  • jayhawk123
    8 years ago
    I like a thick crust so I go with pan. A pizza HAS to have Pepperoni on it. I like the Meat Lovers. Pizza Hut is by far my favorite chain pizza. I have always wanted to make it to Chicago and have a REAL pan pizza/pie. I have seen that show on TV where the guy goes to places and eats and I can't remember the names of the places in Chicago but after seeing those pizzas I now know why pizzas are sometimes called pies.
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    jayhawk, I prefer NY style in general, but agree that those Chicago deep dish pies are pretty awesome. Giordano's and Gino's East have the best deep dish in Chicago, in my opinion. Feast your eyes on these pies and start salivating for lunch: [view link] [view link]
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    Deep dish, stuffed crust pepperoni for me!
  • ButterMan
    8 years ago
    If we're talking chain pizza I like donatoes. Although there is usually a local kind better. If in chitown then it's lou malanatti.
  • JamesSD
    8 years ago
    Pepperoni mushroom thin crust. Local chains only
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Dominos is terrible.
  • 72_os
    8 years ago
    I love the chaken fanger four loko pizza from Papi johns
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Last night I went out to dinner with 4 other members of my family. We went to a local pizza joint that opened in 1977. There are now 4 others locally and 1 in Richmond KY? We ordered an 18" pepperoni and a potato pizza. Sour cream, potatoes, green onions, bacon and cheddar. To each his own.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I agree domino's is awful.
  • mikeya02
    8 years ago
    Hot N Ready [view link]
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    Those of you have never experienced a Chicago-style deep dish pizza are missing the ultimate pizza treat! I get the Special -- thick crust with Italian sausage, mushrooms, green peppers, and onions -- at Giordano's almost every time I'm in Chitown. I would rank the Chicago-style mini-chains as follows: Giordano's > Lou Malnati's > Piezano's > Gino's East Giordano's has 20+ locations in Chicagoland plus a few in Florida and a new one in Indianapolis (yay!).
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    I've been to Gino's east. I'm not particularly a fan of deep dish, but I did enjoy the food there.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    My stomach will let me know if a pizza chain uses MSG or uses some type of dough conditioner I believe is banned in Europe but still used here in the US. I get stomach aches and worse without going into too much detail. Little Ceasers is terrible with msg. Dominos has it too I believe. I used to order from papa johns but something with the local chain has changed and had stomach aches. All the above, I no longer order from. The first two chains I stopped using years ago. There is one local Italian owned pizza place that makes great tasting pizza and I get no stomach aches from eating there. Homemade tastes pretty good too. If homemade, extra cheese, pepperoni, tomatoes, hamburger, oregano, tomato sauce, and or mixed in with sirloin ground beef from when I made sloppy joe using sirloin beef, tomato soup, ketchup, oregano, garlic powder, etc. I have a relative that gets the same stomach aches from eating the pizza chain pizza.
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    Ah, pizza and pussy -- thanks for the pic, mikey!
  • PredragDr
    8 years ago
    I second Giordano's or your best local alternative for Chicago-style deep dish, but this can only be had a few time per year. In terms of nationwide chain pizza, my favorite is CPK.
  • vincemichaels
    8 years ago
    Buddy's a Detroit favorite has excellent pizzas. Make mine pepperoni, ham, bacon and double cheese.
  • NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    Haha I just had Buddy's yesterday (my friend ordered one, I had a couple slices.) Yum.
  • Jascoi
    6 years ago
    costco. not the best... butt it’s cheap and the combo is good.
  • Mate27
    6 years ago
    Life’s too short to eat bad food.
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    My Pi -preferably the original in Lincoln Park- with italian sausage, bacon, beef, peppers, and onions in either double crust or deep dish pan crust. There are some Chicago- style pizza places in Ft. Myers that reasonably emulate it, but nothing compares to the original.
  • gammanu95
    6 years ago
    Btw- Pizza Hut and Little Caesar's tie for the worst chain, while Domino's is usually crap. Papa John's should have kept their pan crust.
  • Huntsman
    6 years ago
    Pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, black olives, peppers. Thin crust from a mom and pop type restaurant. If I have to have chain pizza, it’s Green Mill.
  • TrapBaby304
    6 years ago
    a simple cheese pizza with extra cheese meatballs garlic extra cheese thin crust, little sauce
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    hamburger meat, extra cheese, jalapenos,green peppers, olives or we usually get whatever passes for a supreme
  • IceyLoco
    6 years ago
    Sometimes we like to try different shit though. Lobster and garlic pizza is really good. Or Thai chicken pizza.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion