tuscl

Have you ever been refused entry to a strip club because of their dress code?

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
I have just once. The clubs very first review.

shadowcat

Joined Dec 2001
Clubs Reviewed: 33
Total Reviews: 203
Dancers
Value
Atmosphere
Overall

Monday Evening visit, Unknown dancers

December 23, 2010 • I intended to be the first TUSCLer to review this club but it was not to happen. I will tell you what I experienced.

The club is actually located in a run down motel. There was a lighted sign on the street but once in the parking lot the entrance was hard to find. Just a small sign with an arrow that you could NOT see from a car. The were only about 5 cars in the parking lot.

I walked up to the entrance. It was a metal door with a notice taped to it that read. "Be prepared to show your membership card and have your ID ready". The instructions said to ring the bell for entrance. I did and was buzzed into a lobby. I asked the door girl what kind of club this was. She said that it was a gentlemens club and was for members only. While I was talking I noticed signs "No smoking", "2 drink minimum" and "NO TOUCHING".

She said that a membership card was $5/year. I was ready to take one for the team. $5 ain't nothing. I was curious. Then she said there is a problem. "your attire does not meet our dress code" I was wearing sweats and tennis shoes. I thanked her and said there were plenty of other clubs to go to.

My best guess is that this club is a front for prostitution. Membership, seedy motel & locked entrance. Probabbly won't be around very long

In the last 5+ years since the opened, they have a grand total of 19 reviews. I guess they must be turning everybody away. :)

44 comments

• larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Isn't "strip club" and "dress code" a oxymoron?

To answer your question I was denied entry once because I was wearing sweatpants.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    I was once asked if I had a shirt with a collar on it. I happened to have such a shirt in my car. I changed quick and then went in. It wasn't much longer and the club relaxed their rules.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    Just last weekend, I heard the door girl say we don't allow customers in wearing white tshirts. I guess if you look too sloppy, they still deny entry. A guy in front of me was wearing a white tshirt.
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    I forgot to mention the most important thing. The name of the club was Thee Whiskey Tavern in Columbia SC.
  • motorhead
    8 years ago
    Never. But I don't dress like a slob or a hoodlum.

I did see a guy get denied entry because his pants did not have belt loops
  • GoVikings
    8 years ago
    yes, it's happened to me--at the Richmond paper moon.

Was wearing b-ball shorts and was denied entry---which is weird because I never had an issue in the past.

But I'm pretty sure they changed management and that's why they didn't let me in that night. Luckily I had another pair of pants in my car---which I normally don't but on that night I had just got off work
  • jackslash
    8 years ago
    Only once. Maybe it was because I was wearing this:

http://cdn.images.dailystar.co.uk/dynami…
  • Mate27
    8 years ago
    I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt and was told it was against the code at the Hiliter. Doorman said it represents gang type ware and even certain colors aren't allowed. This concerned a younger white boy like me, and the thought of gangsta activity kept me from going back to the Hiliter for several years.
  • Subraman
    8 years ago
    I like dresscodes, although the club owes it to customers to put the dresscodes on their website so guys don't waste their time if they choose not to dress to code. In my current club, they don't allow hats, saggy pants, ratty t-shirts, and I'm pretty sure I've never seen sweats or shorts inside, but could be wrong
  • JohnSmith69
    8 years ago
    I dress as poorly as Heck but yet I've never been turned away.
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Two clubs, in the same night.
    Years ago a friend and myself attended an Indians baseball night game. I was wearing nice shorts, an Indians sweatshirt and Indians bandana. After the game after hitting 2 dive strip clubs near downtown we decided to head to the Brookpark Rd clubs. The first one, Crazy Horse wouldn't let me in because of my bandana and I needed a shirt with a collar so we went down the street to a now closed club whose name I don't recall.
    We walk in and there's an old guy sitting at the bar with 4 strippers, 2 on each side of him. He must have been the owner or manager and he tells me that hats aren't allowed. I tell him I'm not wearing a hat and he says whatever, I have to take it off. Now besides the boss and his 4 strippers there is nobody else in the club so I ask him if he's going to turn away paying customers because of an Indians bandana and he says I have to take it off. Honestly I had no problem with taking it off, I was willing to do that at the Crazy Horse but my sweat shirt kept us out but I didn't like the attitude of the guy in the second club so I told him fuck it we'll spend our money elsewhere and left.

So we head down the road to the now closed Pinky's Famous Saloon. Before we go in my friend asks the girl at the admission window if they have rules against my attire. She answers no so we pay our admission and we're in like Flint. It was our first time there and it was a great choice! Young full nude dancers dancing 3 at a time in a rotation on the stage. We had a great time sitting at the stage tipping and flirting with the dancers. Man I loved Pinky's, I wish it was still open.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    8 years ago
    Surprisingly, since I mostly wear athletic shorts or thin lounge pants, this has not happened to me yet.
  • rh48hr
    8 years ago
    No. That has never been a problem.
  • MrDeuce
    8 years ago
    In 1000+ SC visits, I have been refused entry twice:
    * Industrial Strip in Hammond, IN rejected me a few years ago for wearing sweat pants. I went to my car, changed into slightly dressier sweat pants (with zipper and four pockets), and was admitted immediately :)
    * Skybox in Harvey, IL turned me away last year for wearing this same pair of "dress" sweat pants. They were all I had on that trip, so I went to Jimmy's in Chicago Heights instead, which has no dress code except against sleeveless shirts and gang colors, and had a great time! However, this incident finally motivated me to buy a couple pairs of thin black dress pants for the classier clubs like Skybox. /end sarcasm
  • TheeOSU
    8 years ago
    Another time just came to mind. I wasn't denied but had to remove a couple things to get in. The Hustler Club in the Cleveland flats. It was winter time and very cold out so I was wearing a hooded sweatshirt under my coat and a hat. The girl at the coat check tells me that I have to check my hoodie and hat too so I did.
    After being there about an hour I see a guy come in and sit across the room. He's wearing a hoodie and a ski cap. I see the manager and call him over and tell him the girl made me check my hoodie and hat and there's a guy over there wearing the same thing. He shrugs and can't tell me why I had to check mine but the other guy didn't so I got up to leave and when i get my coat, hoodie, and hat and point the guy out to the check girl and ask her why she let that guy in. She tells me that she didn't see him. I call her on her bullshit and tell her she can collect a tip from the other guy because she's not getting a tip from me. The bouncer standing there remained quiet as I walked out.
  • georgmicrodong
    8 years ago
    Nope. But to the best of my knowledge, I've never worn sweats or any kind of shorts except "cargo" shorts, the kind with pockets and belt loops.
  • sharkhunter
    8 years ago
    My umbrella was denied entry at one club a year or two ago. It shrunk up to a small size do I didn't see a problem. I guess if people wore wet jackets into the club, they thought that was better than bringing in an umbrella that you already shook mostly dry.
  • Dominic77
    8 years ago
    No.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    For being commando at Club Blaze ATL (black-club) this past Fr night.

In the early-2000s at Baby Dolls – was wearing kakis and a nice shirt but did not have a collar – I’d had visits to Baby Dolls b/f that and after that event where I wore a collarless t-shirt and no one said anything.
  • DandyDan
    8 years ago
    I've been in a couple clubs, one of which is the Minx in Des Moines, which ban hoodies, even if it is cold out.
  • larryfisherman
    8 years ago
    Suprisingly I don't think I can recall ever seeing someone wearing a bandana in the strip club.
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Yeah I got turned away at platinum 84 or some shit in Denver a few years ago. Pants too baggy they said. Oh well.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    “… How in the world would the bouncers know that …”

I was wearing lounge pants which are very very thin and very very light (thus why I club w/ them) – since they are thin and light they kinda drape over your pecker so it shows the form of my pecker (you know; the flaccid 2-inches) – but even then for w/e reason he noticed it right fucking away even b/f he came over to pat me down – actually – now that I remember; he was sitting on a char as I was walking-up so my pecker was probably in his line-of-sight.
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    Heck, Papi. He just knew that to let you in, he'd have to pay you, and your thinly disguised pecker down. He didn't want to go there. Neither would I! Would you? Lol
  • ATACdawg
    8 years ago
    *Pat*. Damned autocorrect.
  • whodey
    8 years ago
    Nope but I am usually dressed in slacks and a polo because I am coming from work. I have been known to go to my favorite club wearing loose fitting microfiber lounge pants with an elastic waistband when I have the day off work. However they are solid black with 4 pockets so that they look like slacks unless you get real close especially if I wear a nice polo with them. Given that its a high mileage redneck dive I doubt the staff would turn anyone away due to their attire anyways.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    Nest time I'll wear a really long shirt
  • shadowcat
    8 years ago
    Follies does have a dress code. If I recall correctly it is no hoodies, baggy pants, white t-shirts, dark glasses & a couple of other things. Saturday I was wearing my usual black shorts and a t-short that read "Blow job. The only job I'll ever love". A bouncer and the manager were standing out front when I walked up to the door. Normally a $5 fee on Saturdays. The bouncer asked the manager if he should let me in free because of my t-shirt and the manger said "Yes". :)
  • GACA
    8 years ago
    Thee whiskey club is still up and running. I won't go there, but ya still up and running
  • DaOnion
    8 years ago
    Not yet, but one time they made me take off my hat. I sometimes push the dress code boundaries, but haven't been denied entry yet. I imagine it will happen sooner or later, if I visit a "show club".
  • impala
    8 years ago
    A few times, usually because wearing work boots & work pants. My thought is, if my attire isn't good enough then they probably are way too expensive for me, anyways. I prefer a working mans bar.
  • s88
    8 years ago
    One overpriced posh SC around me has, knees and shoulders must be covered, no hats, no sweat pants, and no timberland boots, flip flips, or sandles.
  • londonguy
    8 years ago
    I was refuse entry into Stringfellows in London many years ago. I had black chinos on and a black top with a tiny Adidas logo on the upper left front, doorman said they don't allow people in wearing sports clothes. FFS !
  • twentyfive
    8 years ago
    Never, and I've been to Rachel's in jeans & a tee shirt. I've been to Tootsies in shorts & flip flops.
  • Dolfan
    8 years ago
    Yes, I was refused entry to Club Climaxxx in Miami for wearing flip flops. The dude told me "no sliders" and I had no idea what the fuck he was talking about, I made him say it like 4 times before he pointed to my feet and I figured it out.

I've been to Rachels & Monroes in a tshirt, flip flops, and board shorts more times than I can count and never had a problem. I've been to Tootsies in what I had on at the beach 30 minutes earlier, still wet, and not had an issue.
  • Tiredtraveler
    8 years ago
    I have no problem with a dress code or "no cell phones" rules.
    I only want them enforce equally.
    no hoodies mean no one wheres one
    No cell phone should mean girls too
  • skibum609
    8 years ago
    Within the past month I went to Wonderland in Providence at 8:30 on a Thursday. I was wearing fleece pants a t-shirt with a hoodie over it. Denied entry because "you look like a thug". Of course I am almost 59, white and look harmless. Asked for the Manager and told him I am a Desire regular, always dress like this, can go 1/2 mile down the road to there or buy drinks and lap dances here. Told to come back in casual business attire. Went to Desires. Got in free, owner bought me a drink and I spent the cash I always do and haven't been back. I am an attorney wear a suit and tie 5 1/2 days a week, so I guess I am not the type of customer they want. Forgot to mention: club was 90% emoty
  • mrrock
    8 years ago
    What is this strip club with a dress code you talk about?
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    Cheetah's in NYC. Wanted business professional look only. Fucking bastards. Their women were stick figures anyway.
  • Estafador
    8 years ago
    I was wearing jeans, sneakers and a Ralph Lauren Polo shirt.
  • Cheo_D
    8 years ago
    Never had this trouble but then again my -normal- way to dress casual is pretty conservative and easily layered. At my wildest it has just been commando golf pants a-la-Papi.

Estafador, "business professional only" is a bit silly from Cheetah's NYC which is not such a swank joint for Manhattan standards. But I suppose it's clear who they are targeting...

• NinaBambina
    8 years ago
    A club that opened up last year downtown had a very strict dress code. They turned away a pro football player lol. They had a kitchen fire last Oct or Nov and haven't reopened since.
  • Cashman1234
    8 years ago
    I was refused entry once - but I called the owner over and got things straightened out. I didn't know they didn't allow sleeveless tshirts - and that seemed odd at a filthy jersey dive. The bouncer must have been new - as he actually tried to grab my Yankees cap and turn it so the bill was in the front.
  • san_jose_guy
    8 years ago
    A place which might do that would tend not to be the sort of place I would go.

SJG
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion