tuscl

OT: Favorite Wrestlers

Friday, January 1, 2016 11:35 AM
As I kid I watched professional wrestling, even though I knew it was fake. It was enertaining as hell. Who were some of your favorite wrestlers? My ATF was Stone Cold Steve Austin. That Texas hillbilly lol. I liked his attitude of not giving a fuck, plus his entrance music was my favorite. Honorable mention goes to The Rock. My favorite heel (bad guy) was Kurt Angle. I just loved the crowd chanting you suck everytime his entrance music came on.

39 comments

• etsutwigg222
    9 years ago
    How about "The Nature Boy" Rick Flair. Fit both villain and good guy.
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    ^^^^Woooooooooo
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    Taiho.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    You must be pretty young if ur fav wrestlers as a kid was SSCA, The Rock and Kurt Angle. I liked Roddy Piper, Ricky the Dragon Steamboat, Macho Man, Hillbilly Jim, Tony Atlas, Paul Mr Wonderful Orndorff, Bruiser Brody.
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    Oops, SSCA s/b SCSA
  • flagooner
    9 years ago
    It was fake? You can probably get a good sense of someone's age by their response to this. Here are some of my favorites... Sgt Slaughter, Superfly, The Million Dollar Man Ted Dibiase, Ivan Putski, but the absolute best was the Nature Boy and the rest of the four horsemen.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig, Rowdy Roddy Piper, Junkyard Dog, "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase, Ric Flair, The Hart Foundation, Macho Man Randy Savage, Jake the Snake Roberts,
  • crazyjoe
    9 years ago
    I loke the ones that pulled my finger
  • sinclair
    9 years ago
    Of old: Degeneration X, The Godfather, Lita, Sandman Still wrestling: Undertaker, Hardy Boyz, Goldust, Paige
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    I miss the good old days where you had The Rock, Stone Cold, Kurt Angle, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker, and Hogan came back to the WWE for awhile. I realize some of them are still there though.
  • LoveTheLadies
    9 years ago
    Back in the late 70's and 80's the old NWA was the best! My favorites were Ric Flair, Wahoo McDaniel, Roddy Pipper, Blackjack Mulligan, Ricky Steamboat and Tully Blanchard.
  • LDKisLife
    9 years ago
    I am a MAJOR wrestling fan. Authentic championship belts, every major PPV event until 1998 (anything after is the equivalent of the NFL rules now). The Ultimate Warrior was hands down my favorite. Hulk Hogan too cheesy. Ric Flair too underappreciated but the most charismatic and prototype for SCSA, The Rock and DX. Jimmy Superfly Snuka was my idol but I also loved Rick Rude (Val Venis tainted his niche). I love the old vignettes of Million Dollar Man Shoutouts to the Legion of Doom - best tag team ever (followed by head shrinkers and natural disasters) Jake the Snake was the best to see in person and the old Undertaker had parents taking their kids to the bathroom during his entrance. Sting and Shawn Michaels are my ATFs. I believed in the Gimmick of Bill Goldberg but WCW missed a opportunity to have him be the contemporary Hulk Hogan character. The Rockers had the best tag team chemistry. Mr Perfect the best entrance music. Ultimate Warrior the best entrance I think Vader is the only wrestler who ever had wrestle soft without equal. Not even Yokozuna could wrestle stiff with him and no one at his size is hitting moonsaults. Shutouts to Scott Steiner and Rey Mysterious. No respect to Randy Orton, John Cena, Brock Lesnar etc clowns. Best thing that never was: Ahmed Johnson. That man was going to take the world by storm in 96.
  • LDKisLife
    9 years ago
    Best stable was definitely the original 4 Four Horsemen. Golden Age 88-98
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Bruno Samartino, Tony Parisi and Erich Froelich. I'm talking the Sixties here! Once in a while they'd actually let the good guys fight each other and it at least appeared that the fakery was off. Frankly, it was a pleasure to watch those. Bad guys? Fred Atkins (who later was a referee, lol!) and Joe Killer Christie aka The Masked Destroyer; he lived on our block and was often seen balancing his granddaughter on his knee in the local park. Very little glitz in those years, no folding chairs and no Jim McMahon.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    Ha! I remember Ahmed Johnson. He had a reputation for legitimately hurting others. I think the reason why he really didn't take off like he should've was due to his many injuries that he accumulated.
  • LDKisLife
    9 years ago
    ATACdawg are you serious? Wrestling was bullshit in those days. Doggedly boring no moves. Might as well cite Greco roman wrestlers for all that. Even in the age Jesse Ventura and pose downs and benchpress contests and arm wrestling matches, that shit was for the birds. Late 80s and 90s they got the formula right. The product was much better by then
  • LDKisLife
    9 years ago
    Mistah Fetti - Ron Simmons (Faarooq) was supposed to break Ahmed in as a rites if passage to becoming the first Black WWF Heavyweight champ but the kidney injury threw him off. The real heavyweights needed Ahmed. Shawn and Bret were too small. Diesel couldn't sell. Yoko and Vader and Undertaker could have benefited from Ahmed.
  • IHearVoices
    9 years ago
    My handle probably gives away my wrestling fandom. I started watching in the 80s and then fell out in the mid-90s. Came back during the summer of 1997 and have been watching ever since. Went to WrestleMania in Miami, New Orleans, and I'm going to Dallas in April. ATF is CM Punk because we have a few things in common. I also like Daniel Bryan. Nowadays, the New Day are the only reason I watch.
  • sinclair
    9 years ago
    I liked the old ECW because it was real hardcore and seemed to stray from the script at times. The only thing comparable that is still around is CZW.
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    A lot of great names being named. As a kid D Generation X was very influential. All the kids in my grade school were doing the DX "suck it" thing. I loved their entrance music too. I loved when the Undertaker came out to Limp Biskit's "Rollin" and came out in his motorcycle. Very rad. Flagooner is right that you can get a sense of how old someone is from their responses. I've heard most of the names of here, but I've never heard the person Shadow named. That wrestler must have been in the 1850's :) I find CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, wrestling stars nowadays boring, which is part of the reason I don't watch it anymore. This is why I love Stone Cold. The "what" is still prevalent today in the WWE. Stone Cold brought it to the WWE. Classic. [view link]
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    Who are some of your favorite Divas of all time? Trish Stratus and Stacy Keibler top my list.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    We got our first TV in 1952 and wrestling was one of the first programs we watched and Gorgeous George was on top. [view link]
  • rattdog
    9 years ago
    faves: stan the lariat hansen, terry funk, flair, bob backlund, road warrior hawk, dangerous dan spivey, scott steiner, the great muta, orndorff, brett hart, greg valentine, abdullah the butcher ones i can't stand: hulk hogan, sting, ricky steamboat
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    I stopped watching shortly after high school, a few years after i found out it was fake. Kane, triple h, and cena were my favorites. my favorite divas are Trish stratus or torrie Wilson.
  • beguiled
    9 years ago
    George "the animal" steele, Iron Sheik.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Dick the Bruiser, The Destroyer
  • jackslash
    9 years ago
    Gorgeous George! I'm glad shadowcat mentioned him. George acted effeminate, with curled golden hair and fancy robes and perfume. In the 50's, Gorgeous George was an outrageous figure and tapped into the homophobia dominate at the time.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    Whenever we have wresting threads, it's easy to guess the age of the posters. Lol. Dick the Bruiser, Wilbur Snyder, Moose Cholak, Black Jack Lanza, Baron Von Raschke
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    Gorgeous George was b/f my time but I love the effeminate wrestler character. Adrian Adonis did a similar routine but he got real fat and then died in a car crash. [view link]
  • sflguy123
    9 years ago
    ^ Martha Stewart? lol
  • LDKisLife
    9 years ago
    Trish Stratus all time best diva. I love Stacey's legs but Sunny and Stephanie McMahon always got my dick hard ECW was definitely most entertaining (sucked for the wrestlers but great for viewers) Sabu & Taz
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    Stephanie McMahon was so underrated when it came to hotness, she was a supreme hottie! Sable was a hottie back in the day, I hear she's married to Brock Lesnar.
  • chattguy123
    9 years ago
    Im surprised noone mentioned ravishing rick rude. He was one of my favorites. CUT MY MUSIC.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Shane-O-Mac!
  • luv_women
    9 years ago
    Two greats that immediately come to mind. One is Mils Mascaras. But the best one is the immortal Sky Lo Lo. I'm sure you can find him on YouTube. You're welcome.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Mick Foley, in all his personas.
  • magicrat
    9 years ago
    Man you guys are young...what about Wahoo McDaniel (ex NFLer), George Becker, Johnny Weaver, Bolo, Anderson Brothers, Johnny Two Rivers, and of course Rick Flair. Last one..Haystacks Calhoun.
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    Rick Flair seems to be really popular among you guys. I caught Flair at the tail end of his career, but you can definitely tell he had a lot of energy. My favorite guy as stated above is Stone Cold, but I always lamented his lack of moves. He basically just had the spinebuster, and then his finisher, the Stone Cold Stunner. The Undertaker had three legit finishers (The Last Ride, Tombstone Piledriver, and Chokeslam). Brock Lesnar had some great moves, belly to belly, suplex, and his finisher the F5.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Lesnar was pretty sweet during his short career. Both Stone cold and the Rock had better moves in their youth, but injuries started limiting them.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion