tuscl

Who is the NFL MVP?

Tuesday, December 8, 2015 9:38 AM
There's still four games left in the season, but if the season ended right now, who do you think should be MVP? Aaron Rodgers was the frontrunner early in the season, but he has cooled off, and the Packers have lost some games. Adrian Peterson was in the mix, but his 18 rushing yards against Seattle last week pretty much ended his campaign. Carson Palmer is a dark horse candidate that not too many are talking about, but his team keeps winning, and his stats are pretty good. The two main candidates to me are Tom Brady and Cam Newton. Tom Brady has been the MVP leader and his stats are better than Cam, but the Patriots have lost two in a row, and now there's only one team left that's undefeated, and that team is Cam Newton's Carolina Panthers. To me Cam Newton is the clear MVP leader right now. If the Panthers end up going 16-0 Newton will win the award unanimously. Cam Newton has less talent around him on offense than Brady. For Brady to catch up with Newton, the Panthers are gonna have to lose some games, and the Patriots have to keep winning.

47 comments

• ime
    9 years ago
    Andrew Luck, wait sorry he's not even best QB on his team.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    FUCK BRADY AND HIS CHEATING TEAM !!! LMAO
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Once....twice....three times a Brady no one is voting for that sissy
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    Lol
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    At this point Cam is in the lead, with Brady a close second. If the Vikings win their division and AP is the reason, he's in the mix. That's a pretty big If.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Matt cassel
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    It has to be Cam Newton
  • DivorcedDude
    9 years ago
    Agreed. Unless Cam and the Panthers implode in the last few weeks, I think Cam is a lock for MVP.
  • Mistah_Fetti_Morbuxxx
    9 years ago
    I agree with most about Cam Newton, followed by Tom Brady. I'm not a Panthers fan since they are our division rivals but I am a Cam Newton fan since he is born and raised in Georgia. I hope he gets it.
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    Mikey makes a good point. Undoubtedly there will be some voters that choose not to vote for Brady simply because of deflategate. Gewings- what happened to the Falcons? They started out great, but they just crumbled. If Carolina wants to go 16-0 they have to beat Atlanta twice, now it's looking like that won't be so difficult.
  • TheeOSU
    9 years ago
    Even though I disagree with her politics Nina Bambina is TUSCL's MVP for the way she cleaned your troll clock!
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    Even though I'm not a fan of Michigan State, I'm happy they beat that Ohio State, so that Ohio State isn't in the final four. Hahaha TheeFaggotOSU!
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    Or is that TheeOSUFaggot!?
  • TheeOSU
    9 years ago
    Yup, Nina bagged you just like OSU did Oregon last year. Where are they now? Same place your your rapping career is shit for brains!
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    Is it OSUTheeFaggot???
  • TheeOSU
    9 years ago
    Well at least I'm not an ugly mofo like you Randy! [view link] And please quit sending me PMs, no you can't suck my dick!
  • TheeOSU
    9 years ago
    I hear the doctor slapped your mother when you were born!
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    Hahahaha. That was too easy. TheeFaggotOSU is grasping for straws now. Although I had fun, I'm done with you now. This thread is about the NFL MVP, so kindly move your troll ass to another thread. Homo.
  • TheeOSU
    9 years ago
    Yes it was easy, you're such a simple target but your simple brain will never figure it out. Of course you're done, you were done before you started, idiot!
  • TheeOSU
    9 years ago
    Posted on Nov 13th. "When the chart rankings update tomorrow, I'll be in the top fifteen!" ^ Yup, even after having the board stuff the ballot box for you you're all the way up from #17 to #35 now! HaHa sheer talent!
  • whodey
    9 years ago
    I think Cam Newton has the clear lead right now. It may be a little hometown bias, but I think Andy Dalton has played well enough to be in the conversation. However, if the Panthers run the table I think Cam will win it easily. I would vote for Gronkowski over Brady. Before he got hurt the Patriots looked unstoppable, since he's been hurt they are still a top level team but they now look mortal.
  • JuiceBox69
    9 years ago
    I love the Carolina Panthers but fuck Cam Newton...they are undefeated right now because they are a great team working together...their is no real super star on the Panthers hell FigNewton is ranked 10th in the majority of the QB statistics...if he was the super star he would be rank #1 or#2 and he is not....its clearly a major effort
  • JuiceBox69
    9 years ago
    A major team effort
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    ^shut up.
  • mikeya02
    9 years ago
    Juice also is a part time sports writer for the Asheville Citizen-Times .He knows his stuff
  • JuiceBox69
    9 years ago
    Lol, mikeya im adding that lol
  • Missionary
    9 years ago
    @Juice- Cam Newton is number 2 in the NFL in 4th quarter passer rating (he's clutch). Besides Greg Olsen they don't got shit on offense, and they're number 3 in the league in scoring. That's all Cam Newton. They do have a top ten defense, but as you saw last week New Orleans scored a bunch of points on them. Cam has 25 passing TDs and 7 rushing TDs. Cam is having a monster year.
  • JuiceBox69
    9 years ago
    Rong !!!!
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    1. Aaron Rogers has sucked this year, when compared to the Aaron Rogers of the past. 2. If Cam goes undefeated into the playoffs how can he not get the MVP? 3. If it's not Cam then it'll probably be Tom Brady. Just imagine Roger Godell handing him the trophy, that would be awkward. 4. Would love to see some schleprock like Andy Dalton get the award but that'll never happen.
  • JuiceBox69
    9 years ago
    Exactly The only way in Hell Cam gets MVP is if they finish 16-0 that should prove how shitty of a QB he is
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    ^you really are retarted aren't you?
  • JuiceBox69
    9 years ago
    My opion since this is a individual award it should be based on his statistics and he dosent even come close to being a league leaders...his Overall QB rating is #13
  • JuiceBox69
    9 years ago
    What other QB needs a perfect season to lock the MVP ? My point exactly
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Other QB's have better receivers.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Juice do you actually watch football or are you just spewing bullshit?
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    ^^^^ Juice plays football on Xbox 360 everyday - does that count?
  • JuiceBox69
    9 years ago
    Lol
  • JuiceBox69
    9 years ago
    Yo John Madden be da shit
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    9 years ago
    Can't believe nobody has mentioned Carson Palmer. Face it, the Cardinals dominate the NFC right now and the road to win it goes through Arizona. Newton is great, Panthers undefeated until this weekend. I can't believe Rodgers is still being talked about at all. Brady Methinks is overrated. My money is on Cam Newton or Carson Palmer, take your pick.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Actually the road to win it goes through Carolina. Carolina has one loss, and Arizona has two losses. If Carolina loses next week and Arizona wins next week, then Arizona gets the 1 seed. Palmer is having a great year though, he'll probably finish 3rd in the MVP race.
  • vincemichaels
    9 years ago
    Football rocks. All dem boys from my wonderful Lions, if they fork out the dough can watch the SuperBore. We'll see who makes it in.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    9 years ago
    Clackport, You are correct that the road to win goes thru Carolina.... in the AFC. Your reasoning is 100% right in that division, and I thought I was referring to the NFC when I said the road to win is through the Cardinals (Arizona). But I did say "Carson Palmer or Cam Newton" take your pick and voiced my opinion that Brady is overrated. I fully concur with your numbers logic, at the same time I'm a Vikings fan and have been watching the Cardinals closely in both Minnesota's loss two weeks ago (so close!) and their route of the Packers yesterday, and I've got to admit I was very mesmerized by what I saw on the field. In fact if its totally a momentum thing going into the playoffs a Panthers Cardinals match up in the Superbowl is highly likely and most likely would be one hell of a game. Of course the playoffs being what they are its really too early to forecast that.
  • Clackport
    9 years ago
    Carolina is in the NFC.....
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Cousins for MVP!
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    I kid, but in all seriousness cam is probably MVP and panthers and cardinals are both NFC. That's probably NFC championship but I can see Washington beating Minnesota or green bay in the wild card round. Sorry govikings.
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    Cam Newton very narrowly over Carson Palmer
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    If you go by record, it's Cam. If you go by contribution to the team, it's Cam. I'd argue the final week actually matters.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion