tuscl

Taking a break

JamesSD
California
I haven't been to a strip club in two weeks. I know that sounds short to some of you, but frankly I often just pop in for lunch and to see who is new and working days. Or I'll try to make it in on the weekend.

My favorite civvy has stepped up her game lately. We're actively looking for a three some (the good kind) third. In the club I probably wouldn't look at my civvy side piece twice. But considering she gives me the full GFE for free with legitimate no strings? I can settle for a 30 year old 6.

I also have had a couple financial setbacks. My phone broke and laptop died within the past three weeks. I spent about $1,000 on clubbing the last year. I know that's chump change to many of you, but it's hard not to think about what else I could have spent that on. Arguably only half of it was money well spent.

Not sure how long this break will last. For the short run I'm gonna hold off on clubbing unless it sounds like a really good idea. Lately that just hasn't been true.

15 comments

• Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    As w/ many things one enjoys; I see SCing as habit-forming – I also feel like I have not gone in ages when I have not gone for 2 weeks – feels like a hiatus.

For me it's often hardest to strop rather than hardest to stay away the longer I haven't gone – I guess same can be said for many habits.

I would assume that 99% of guys that visit SCs worry and beat themselves up over the $$$ spent – but – that is what $$$ is for – to be used for things one needs and wants – if you only had one month to live would you be regretting the $$$ spent in SCs or reminiscing at the good times you had?

I guess there is no easy answer w.r.t. going/not-going; spending/not-spending; perhaps the old saying “everything in moderation” may apply.

I do find it that I often go for the sake of going/boredom and thus don't get as much of my money's worth or excitement from it – but when I'm in the mood to go and it's a good visit; it feels like money well-spent.
  • SuperDude
    9 years ago
    Hobbies, whether it's gold, sky diving, painting or clubbing, are a waste of money, if it's not fun for you. If it's fun, then it's your money, spent on your enjoyment and not wasted. You can look back and say that you didn't get everything you expected. That's been said by golfers, sailors, gamblers and political contributors. Remember, at the time you did it you thought you were going for some enjoyment. So it didn't work out. Move on.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    Thanks dudes.

I don't think I'm done with the hobby. Like any hobby, interest can wax and wane. Of my last four trips, one was good, one was okay and two were dull. Naked dancing chicks bored me. I didn't like feeling that way.

I'll be back the next time I feel a strong urge.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    Yes, interest goes up and down. I went to the one club I enjoy going to lately yesterday and yet it was the same ladies over and over again, in a club without extras. I left earlier than planned, which might have upset one of the dancers I didn't get around to visiting with, but quite frankly, I hate the repetition it has become lately. I went to my #2 club tonight, but didn't take into account the fact they had a football game today and thus it was much more crowded than usual. Furthermore, the one girl I always buy dances from there was gone, which is weird, because you would think that could be easy money even if I don't show up. Sometimes, you just go to a club and none of the girls appeals to you at all. It doesn't help there that a good number of dancers use the VIP room as an excuse to avoid the stage. It's nothing, though, compared to my former favorite club, where a few weeks ago, I drove to an hour to the town its in, drove past the club, saw how few cars were there, drove to the town gas station and left town after getting gas. I know some would say the odds are in my favor with few customers, but knowing how some of the dancers still there are, I don't know if odds matter then. If I move for my job, it may really be the end of stripclubbing for me.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

I've taken a break too.

Mostly because I do not have the funds right now for, (in my mind) a good time.
    If I don't have the $ to go to a club and be able to spend enough on a dancer I find attractive, then I'd rather just go to a neighborhood bar and have a few beers and watch the games rather than sit at a strip club and watch girls that I know I can't have.

Although, as soon as I'm able, I'll be back in the SC. I don't really miss it right now, but it hasn't been all that long since I've gone.
    I'll be back.
  • motorhead
    9 years ago
    "I spent about $1,000 on clubbing the last year."

I wish I had your discipline. When I first read it, I thought it as $10,000
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    A serious suggestion. Some some weed. You'll enjoy clubbing more. In fact you'll enjoy everything more.
  • tumblingdice
    9 years ago
    Beside that fact that your post was difficult to understand,if the lose of a phone and laptop sets you back that much maybe you should rethink your lot in life.Maybe you should brown bag your lunch instead of eating at a strip club.Just curious,how much money at this point in your life do you have set aside for retirement?
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    I've spent probably 20x that in the last year. But for me it has immensely helped in the civie dept. So I call it the price of getting what I want in life. But I have noticed the diminishing returns lately. Think I'm gonna take a break for the remainder of 2015. Focus on Hooters girls and what not.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    After a few years of super regular SC trips -- 2-4x per month, every month, for years -- I'm much more sporadic now, I'm past a month without a trip now (!!!!). A lot of it has to do with the fact that I haven't had an ATF in a while; when I have an ATF who I really like, I'll make solo trips to see her, in between trips with my buddies that these days are happening only every 6 weeks or so. But it also has a lot to do with the fact that I found an ATATF stand-in (sort of JS's DS equivalent, without the over-romanticizing) from the bodyrub world, and I spend as much of my free time and $ on her as I possibly can, and have been for a while.
  • gawker
    9 years ago
    After 5 or 6 years of uncontrolled spending (well over $200,000) I came to a realization that my hobby was going to ruin me. I've had to stop working due to becoming a full time caretaker for my chronically ill wife and have cut most (but not all) ties with my ATF. When I do go to a club now, I have to find a friend or hire a care worker to stay with my wife. I have a decent pension which covers living expenses but allows very little extra for what I grew used to. I've also come to the realization that when clubbing I spend whatever I have and will use credit cards or ATM if there's something I want in front of me.
    There's a dancer I've done VIP with several times whose beauty takes my breath away. I've had limited success with extras (HJ & DATY) and feel with more time and familiarity there's more to be had, but time and familiarity cost money. So, slow and easy. Yesterday she texted me her work schedule for the coming week and I'm so looking forward to spending time with her that I'll find a way.
  • Bavarian
    9 years ago
    I am thinking of slowing down my visits too. I can't control my spending.

YTD, I have spent $15,000 on my CF on lap dances alone. She offers no extras. Good thing I only spend on one dancer.

• MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    ^ Yikes! $15K should buy you 100-300 BJs.
  • chessmaster
    9 years ago
    Bavarian is still less pathetic than johnsmith69 though.
  • GACA
    9 years ago
    ^^^ehh, I don't think so. At least JS69 is fucking the girls he's going broke for.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion