tuscl

Dancers here?

Tuesday, April 20, 2004 1:47 AM
Are there any dancers on this chat?

15 comments

• TopGunGlen
    20 years ago
    I don't think he meant it in a mean spirit, although it did come across that way. At least the ladies responded, which means they are reading this board. It would be wonderful if the ladies would post topics more often themselves. We live for you, and want to hear from you...
  • pinhead
    20 years ago
    Not that I remember alot of what shadowcat has posted in the past, but I was somewhat surprised by that post. If he's able to dust himself off, I'll give him a hand up. Just a bad joke in poor taste, but a pretty good example why dancers are reluctant to contribute.
  • TopGunGlen
    20 years ago
    Okay, ShadowCat has been duly castigated. (Although I was gonna say I'll shoot his ass for free...:-) I saw a woman driving her car with a license plate frame yesterday: It said "So Many Men"... "And None As Good as Wine"... Sometimes I think it's okay for the women to tease us, but we are called names if we tease the women. I am the last person to let the ladies suffer rudeness, but give ShadowCat a break here people...:-)
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    Shadowcat: Humor at the expense of the entire female race is not funny. This of course is only my opinion, but, if you are posting on an internet chat board-a board read by hundreds,if not thousands of people who don't know you and don't know your sense of humor, you owe it to yourself to think before you click "Post It". I have a reputation on here and other sites of being a dancer suck-up. Even so, if I had posted something like that I would expect to be berated too. I have to be honest. I didn't see anything in the wording of your post that made it sound like you were joking. Even if you were, posting that comment in the middle of a thread about why dancers do or do not post on this board was IMHO, a bad idea.
  • pinhead
    20 years ago
    Thks Yoda. This board can definitely find a way to reach the lowest of the lows. If you ever get in touch with her somewhere down the road, please give her my best.
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    Pinhead: I got a few emails from her a while back and she mentioned that she was still reading the board occasionally but would not be posting anymore. It's too bad that, every so often, this board has to turn into an outlet for "misogynists R us". The exchange of opinions can be very educational and helpful for folks on both sides of the tip rail-when it is an intelligent exchange among adults with functioning brains….
  • pinhead
    20 years ago
    J23 was the best. Was there ever a final word from her, or did she just quietly fade away ?
  • evilcyn
    20 years ago
    To Yoda, and others, thanks for letting some like to hear from us....... I love getting infomation of what you guys think, and not just hearing what is wrong with us, or the industry itself, but what makes it worthwhile for you to go !!!
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    TCM has a point. It doesn't matter if it's a minority of posters. Dancing is hard enough without exposing yourself to comments like shadowcat's. This is why we will never see consistant participation from dancers on this board.
  • casualguy
    20 years ago
    I've seen a few dancers post here. In this unmoderated forum the dancer haters seem to be the ones consistently posting the same ol threads over and over for years on end. Normally the threads disappear after 7 days of no posts.
  • The Cat's Meow
    20 years ago
    ShadowCat wrote:To put it in the simplest, raw, no holds barred, down to earth words. "if men didn't like to fuck women, there would be a bounty on them". You do know that sounds like if men didn't want to fuck women they'd be out killing them. That's a pretty fucked up thing to say. Alot of dancers come and go here - myself included. The reason why- comments like what ShadowCat just wrote and specificaly RL, who is maybe the most insane person I've ever seen on a discussion board. Posting here is all too often like subject yourself to verbal abuse and thats why dancer posts here are few in numbers
  • Yoda
    20 years ago
    Hi Cyn, this site is definitely a different world from SCJ! Sometimes it's great, sometimes it's an insulting waste of bandwidth but, it's un-moderated so that's what ya get!
  • verfolgung
    20 years ago
    EVILCYN (and all other dancers): Please don't judge us all by a few haters. A lot of garbage gets generated by a few posters, but I don't think it is representative of how the majority of us feel. Most of us enjoy going to clubs, enjoy meeting the women there, and enjoy hearing dancer's responses on this board.
  • evilcyn
    20 years ago
    I am a dancer, and bartender where I work......I tend not to powt anything here though.... Even though you all seem to like clubs, most of you like to put us all down at the same time .......I don't get that at all.....
  • MistressDEvil
    20 years ago
    Some, and some girls looking for input about becoming dancers. D.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion