tuscl

Is summer the worst time for strip clubs?

I personally go twice a month regardless of the season but over the past few years I have noticed that there seem to be more customers in the cooler months such as October through April as compared to the summer months. Also people that work at strip clubs tell me that this time of year isn't a great time for titty bars. So my question is why is that true or is it just me?
Personally speaking I have never really liked summer since I love college football and basketball and the summer is the dead period for all that. I am already ready for September to be here!

30 comments

• shailynn
    9 years ago
    Yes, absolutely...

I also have a theory that girl quality drops in the summer. Even strippers take vacations (by themselves or with sugar daddies), may not work as much in the summer since their kids are off from school, enjoy the good weather, etc. sometimes dropping the number of dancers/quality of dancers inside the club.

• Clackport
    9 years ago
    In my experience the dancer quality is the best in the summer.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I hope so. The clubs I visit always seem crowded.
  • shadowcat
    9 years ago
    It's called the Summer doldrums. From My last Follies review:

"June 15, 2015 • I was talking to a buddy yesterday and he said that Follies along with some other clubs are entering the Summer doldrums. There are fewer customers because many outside workers are in their peak business season, many married men are taking vacations with their families,. and of course their are other hobbies and pastimes that are taking up their time and money. I have to agree with that.

As a result of this lack of customers, fewer dancers are coming in to work. Especially those with kids. By the time they pay baby sitters and house fees, it is just not worth it."
  • UKfan
    9 years ago
    Yeah I agree with you all in that summer time means more vacations and other hobbies. There does seem to be more girls as well in the cooler months. I guess this is just another reason for me to want September to hurry up. as I have mentioned I have never been a big fan of summer.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    As with most things, I think it depends on the club. The girls at Stateline tell me they are busiest in the summer because of the tourism in nearby Couer d'Alane.
  • warhawks
    9 years ago

In Detroit, the time the girls "bank" is from right around Halloween thru New Year's Day.
    Those 2 or 3 months are by far the busiest months of the year for strip clubs by me.
    As previously mentioned, vacations, kids out of school, more things to do during the summer months vs winter months, all contribute to the downturn.
    Many dancers rue the summer months by me as far as for making money.

Auto show week, Tigers opening day and various conventions in the spring can cause an uptick in customers and girls. But for the majority of the summer through early fall, business really tails off.
  • shailynn
    9 years ago
    Also added in Vegas - slows down in the summer as well (according to my Vegas strippers).

Summer in Vegas is when the young people go to the clubs and pool parties, family vacays - some of these guys do go to strip clubs but they aren't spending money like the older guys that come to Vegas for football in the fall and March madness in the spring. - adult trips without the wives and kids
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    When I was in church the other day, A girl came in wearing some short shorts. I was thinking mmmm. If I could see her longer, I could skip the strip club. Too young though, looked around 16. Then someone came in and blocked my view. Just my luck.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    If you're on the beach watching girls in bikinis all day, going to a strip club might not be that appealing unless the girls look really good. I hope the girls look really good when I visit.
  • 4got2wipe
    9 years ago
    "When I was in church the other day, A girl came in wearing some short shorts. I was thinking mmmm. If I could see her longer, I could skip the strip club. Too young though, looked around 16. Then someone came in and blocked my view. Just my luck."

Maybe she was 18! The you could ask her for a lap dance! If she said yes that would be brilliant! ;)
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    i'm not sure...haven't really noticed a difference

i can tell you summer is my least fav season though..........HATE the heat
  • edak94
    9 years ago
    It's very hot in Miami and nice and cool in the club. The fewer the customers, the more opportunities for me!
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    I get the impression of a summer slow-down also.

In addition to what has been mentioned – many PLs are married w/ kids and summer-time when kids are out of school often means more time w/ them and less time in da clubs – plus PLs have to budget for family vacations and perhaps summer camps or other things for the kids to do.
  • Diva1975
    9 years ago
    Lust doesn't have a season. Some of the girls I work with complain that it's slower in the summer, but they're the ones complaining about other shit in the winter.
  • ATACdawg
    9 years ago
    Diva! How is your potential absence going? Has the judge ruled yet?
  • MrDeuce
    9 years ago
    Summer is my favorite season in general, including for strip clubs. One advantage of clubbing in summer, at least here in the Midwest, is that I can wear shorts to the club, which sometimes leads to . . . easy access during lap dances. I also enjoy the contrast between the hot outdoors and the cool indoors when I visit a strip club on a summer afternoon.

I would agree with sharkhunter's remark "If you're on the beach watching girls in bikinis all day, going to a strip club might not be that appealing unless the girls look really good." if the bikini-clad beauties at the beach would take off their tops and grind on me while I'm fondling their funbags, but that is not the current reality of beaches, at least in the Midwest.
  • DandyDan
    9 years ago
    Maybe from the perspective of the club owner, but I personally have never noticed a slowdown in summer.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Summer is awesome. While it varies somewhat by region, the number of customers is way down in many places. This translates into many opportunities.

The dancer that I was intimate with last night claimed that she only made $20 on friday night. I was in another club in her city that Friday night and I believe her. It was one of the deadest Friday nights I've ever seen. I was practically the only guy spending, and I had the three hottest girls in the club begging to give me a bbj in the VIP.

Even business for the DS is down. So now she needs me more than ever.

It is true that quality is down too. Fewer customers means fewer girls come in. But I find this problem is outweighed by the advantage of being one of the few spending customers. The girls have to get food and drugs so eventually they're coming to work.
  • JohnSmith69
    9 years ago
    Summer is awesome. While it varies somewhat by region, the number of customers is way down in many places. This translates into many opportunities.

The dancer that I was intimate with last night claimed that she only made $20 on friday night. I was in another club in her city that Friday night and I believe her. It was one of the deadest Friday nights I've ever seen. I was practically the only guy spending, and I had the three hottest girls in the club begging to give me a bbj in the VIP.

Even business for the DS is down. So now she needs me more than ever.

It is true that quality is down too. Fewer customers means fewer girls come in. But I find this problem is outweighed by the advantage of being one of the few spending customers. The girls have to get food and drugs so eventually they're coming to work.
  • mjx01
    9 years ago
    FWIW, I tend to club more in the summer... no icy winter roads to stop me from a long commute.
  • rl27
    9 years ago
    There are two periods of time where I see a downturn. The period from late January to Mid March when the weather can get bad often has a big downturn as well the most variance in who is there on any given day. The second is the summer months of June through August. The summer months have several reason.

The main reason is vacation. First there are the customers who are busy with their families on vacation or other summer activities. Then there are the dancers who are also busy with their families. Finally there are the dancers who leave the club to dance in areas where there are more tourist dollars.

The next are the dancers who are dancing to help pay for college or other secondary education. This was more prevalent five years ago, but I still recognize several dancers who leave during the summer and come back during the fall and usually dance the 3 to 4 years to get their degree and a job.

This often leaves a few of my favorite clubs with mostly the veteran dancers and their regular customers who see them. This is often the time when dancers will offer specials for dances, especially in late July for some reason.
  • JamesSD
    9 years ago
    It's probably slightly regional. In areas with shitty weather 75% of the year, people are going to club less in the summer and take advantage of good weather more. Even in areas with good weather, this is beach season. There's going to be some guys who go to the beach to see hot girls half-naked for free rather than hitting the clubs. Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day weekends mess with three weekends.

Here in San Diego tourist season is May to September, so that probably balances out some of that. However I do know at least two college girl dancers who are picking up extra shifts now that classes are out for the Summer.

From reading SW a lot of the girls there struggle in Summer.
  • sclvr5005
    9 years ago
    Summer here in the desert means slight slowdown of clubbing, but it also is a great way to escape the heat and sit inside a nice air conditioned club on a hot summer day.
  • Papi_Chulo
    9 years ago
    w.r.t. being able to go to the beach in the summer and see hot chicks rather than go to the SC; in my case down here in South Beach; going to South Beach and seeing all those hot-ass babes gets me horny and makes me want to go to the SC afterwards even more.
  • Subraman
    9 years ago
    The slow times here are: summer, the few weeks leading up to Christmas & New Year's, and tax season (Feb thru April)
  • GoVikings
    9 years ago
    Couldn't agree more, LDK. That's why summer is easily my least fav season. Weather too uncomfortable and sports suck during the summer
  • Darkblue999
    8 years ago
    I went to Delilahs on saturday at 3.15pm.Only one dancer in the club. I left and came back at 6.15 pm.Only two dancers. Left and came back at 9.15pm.I saw only 8 dancers.I was so surprised that the club usually packed by that time on Saturdays in fall,spring and winter but not last saturday.Then I realized it's summer
  • chessmaster
    8 years ago
    Summer should be slow in the South. Winter should be slow everywhere else. People vacation north from the South during summer when it's not snowing and nice. Then they vacation South from the North during winter to get to the nice weather.
  • Papi_Chulo
    8 years ago
    It's kinda hard to tell if things slow down here in FL during the summer or just the clubs going thru their ebbs and flows for w/e reasons - for one it's pretty common for girls to wanna hit FL for the summer to hang and party and thus also work the local clubs to pay for their vacation - Miami in particular is a party spot that many young people from across the country like to come down to and party and a hot young chick can probably afford to stay in Miami a month or more via stripping.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion