tuscl

Do you, or have you, ever hit a club just b/c of the free lunch buffet ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

I’ve kinda thought about it since some clubs (usually the more upscalish ones) do have decent free buffets (plus I don’t necessarily have a very sophisticated palate, like Steve229 for example, so I’d be down w/ a decent free buffet) – but I have not done it yet b/c I feel I’ll probably end up spending $$$ on the dancers even if I wasn’t planning to going in.

So any of you “fiscally conservative” PLs (other than Juice since I’m sure he’s done it plenty of times :)) ever hit a SC just to get some free chum?

32 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    My ole buddy Vincemichaels was infamous for that. As for me, I have only eaten the free buffet at 3 clubs but I was going there any how. The only club I ever went to explicitly for the buffet, which was NOT free, was the Wild Goose near LAX.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    SC. Is the food at Follies any good. I've never partaken of the food except the peanut butter crackers
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Actually I think the food at Follies is pretty good. Usually there are 4 selections. wings, mac & cheese. I have seen pot stickers, hot dogs and fruit salads. They say that 25 cents of ever drink goes for the cost of the buffet.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    I was somewhat "lured" by a club announcing that it would start offering a free lunch. I probably would have gone anyway, but the combination of the lunch and the dancers there convinced me to go to that one particular club that day, instead of several others nearby I could have chosen. It was a Spearmint Rhino club (Van Nuys, CA) and the free lunch was peanut butter and jelly sandwiches! I thought a classy operation like the Rhino would offer something better than that!
  • grand1511
    10 years ago
    There's a club here in Minneapolis that is on the second floor of a building that has a bar & grill below. During the afternoon, the club waitress will ask if you want any sandwiches from the bar's menu free of charge. Seems kind of weird and I've never actually taken advantage of the offer.
  • gatorfan
    10 years ago
    No
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    God no. I dislike buffets in general and the gut rot potential from a stripclub buffet is pretty high. But I have gotten some really good grub in stripclubs when I pay for it and it comes from the kitchen, not from a man-handled tepid man-handled assembly line.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    The Flight Club used to provide a very good free burger and fries between noon and 1PM (not a buffet). I used to always arrive during that time for the free food. Then, on one sad day, the waitress told me they had discontinued the offer. I threatened to leave and not come back, but that was an idle threat.
  • PhantomGeek
    10 years ago
    The former Schieks in Minneapolis sometimes had a really good dayshift buffet -- ham, roast beef, potatoes, and more -- it was really decked out. I don't remember if it was free, but if it wasn't, I'm sure it was pretty reasonably priced. Probably made for a really good loss leader.
  • samsung1
    10 years ago
    You guys listen to chris rock?
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @Papi - I wouldn't say I ever went there just for the free food, but Milstream Inn has a good quality free Oysters & Roast Beef buffet on Friday afternoons
  • motorhead
    10 years ago

I get free Margaritas and Coconut Shrimp at Jimmy's Buffet
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I'm thinking of moving my lemonade stand in front of a strip club.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Eating food at a strip club does not strike me as the brightest of ideas.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Here's a thread from 4 years ago about eating in strip clubs.

https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=1…
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    I like Cheetah's cuz the food comes from the sports bar next door. Same owners. Free lunch includes wings, hot dogs, hamburgers, all with fries. After 5, its a free sirloin steak with fries. Or you can order from the menu. The sports bar has great food and the girls are hot
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I like Cheetah's, too. They're fast. And they love Cheetos.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    One time when I was in Lawrence, KS, I partook in the lunch buffet they offered at the Flamingo Club. They had fried chicken, roast beef, mashed potatoes and other food along those lines, all washed down by Budweiser. A dancer, who is on the short list of biggest tits ever, and I ate together before we had lap dances together. It was an interesting time.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    I've never gone for the food, but kinda like the battle of wills thread, I have gone to one club over the other for that reason. There are plenty of people who do, read the reviews for the south florida Cheetah's, it seems like every 3rd review mentions something about going for the free lunch.

I see it at Scarlett's too. They've got a free lunch w/ a drink deal. I didn't notice until a dancer pointed it out, I did a 2-4-35 & one more dance, and she was hanging out chatting with me long after we finished. I politely told her I was done dancing for the day & that I wouldn't be upset if she went and mingled some other customers. She laughed & told me that she already talked to all the customers who weren't just there for free food, then she bought us a round of drinks and showed me 3 guys in a row who came in and didn't even have to order, the waitress just waived from across the room and showed up a little later with a drink and something to eat. The next guy came in and ordered a drink & tipped the girl on stage. She went and sold him a dance a few minutes later...

Free food does seem to perk clubs up during the day, so I like those clubs even if I have no intention of eating it. The food brings in the guys, and the guys bring in the girls, then the girls bring in more guys & it snowballs into a good time.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Then there are clubs like the Columbia SC Platinum Plus that have discontinued their free buffets because it is not bringing in the customers. The club now only has a bunch of 30+ yo strippers with a couple of kids that sit around on their cell phone all day or bitch about how bad business is and if you can get one to talk to you they want $30 a dance.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    My club has free food, and it's pretty good, but I never go unless I'm planning on some dances.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Nope.

Truthfully, I've only ate at a strip club 2 or 3 times in all my visits. And each time it was a free buffet or free meal that was offered- like streak and fries or burger and fries. I've never actually paid for food in a strip club.

Besides, day-time visits for me are about as rare as night-time visits for jackslash
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    sc,

A couple of times when clubbing with vincemichaels he mentioned going to club to eat. I never knew he was "infamous for that". :)

Papi,

If you've ever heard of the "Big Cheese" restaurant down a little south of the "U", they used to cater a buffet for a long since gone club on the other side of US1, Lipstick. Best buffet I've ever tried! That club is where the wife (a dancer there) of a co-worker was bitten by a US attorney. Quite the scandal at the time.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I don’t go south to that area too often but I think I have eaten at the “Big Cheese” a long time ago and I do recall visiting Lipstick once back in the 90s b/f I was headlong into SCing – Lipstick was a nice little club w/ some nice talent from what I remember.

I don’t quite remember the biting incident though.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    Clubber,

Thanks for the link – for w/e reason the incident does not register in my memory by I *am* familiar with the U.S. attorney in the scandal as he is the husband of the long-time local Miami Congress-woman Ileana Ross-Lehtinen.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    There were a few clubs in Dallas that used to have breakfast buffets around midnight or 2am or something. I remember sitting in these clubs being more excited about the buffet opening up than the strippers. Guess that tells of the quality of girls...
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Papi,

I was a recent jury pool with him as an attorney. I was debating how I was going to deal with the judges question, "Do you know or know of the "people" involved? It wasn't asked, or I would have had to say yes and ask for a sidebar.
  • rentz2
    10 years ago
    The wings at the Follies buffet are good. It took me years before I finally gave it a try and more times than not the food is pretty good.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    rentz,

When I was with sc at Follies, he had a buffet brought to our table. I just couldn't find anything to eat. I didn't see any flied lice.:)
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I prefer the box lunch
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    motor,

Me, the box runch. :)

PS - Do they swap R for L as they do L for R?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion