tuscl

Tuscl.net for sale?

JohnSmith69
layin low but staying high
No, I have no reason to think that founder is selling. But, if the opportunity arose, I was wondering if any of our high earning members could or would buy it.

I ran the domain name through a bunch of online price calculators which came up with numbers varying from around 30K to 140K. However, I recognize those are probably not worth a whole lot, and might be worthless.

Does anybody have any experience in valuing or purchasing websites? What would you pay if it were available?

14 comments

• rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Since the site itself is the sum total of the business and it has been in existence for several years, I would value it like any other long established small business, using some multiple of annual net earnings. Now that figure may be adjusted up for some novelty premium and/or future potential revenues, as well as down for expenses not already baked into the numbers (like Founder's time, which would have to be paid for if someone else is hired to do the website maintenance), but that is the basic premise.

Assuming that this site doesn't actually produce significant net income after expenses and after assigning some value to Founder's time, I suspect that most of the value would come from the novelty aspect, along with future potential revenues for someone who may have more of a marketing platform than Founder does.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    The value is based on how many hits a day the site gets. I have no idea...but if it's a million or so, it's VERY valuable indeed for the advertising.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Rockstar, the value is based upon how successfully traffic on this site can be converted into revenue streams from advertisers and paid memberships. Idk the answer either, but I agree that more could probably be done with this site.

The problem is that every revenue enhancement angle has a negative trade-off. For example, if you decided to require paid memberships for viewing reviews, you'd probably collect many fewer of them, which would make the intel less valuable, and site traffic would probably also decline significantly. If you start taking more advertising dollars from the biggest and most ready potential source, the clubs themselves, you risk adverse impacts as your biggest advertisers will doubtless try to exert influence on how they are portrayed on here, which in turn could reduce the value of the primary product.

Also keep in mind that this is really a niche site dealing with a very discrete market. There are less than 3,000 clubs nationwide now and only a small fraction of club visitors are even going to bother visiting a site like this, so the question really is: how many unique visitors come to this site in any given time period.

Now I'm guessing that something will have to change at some point, but I am grateful to founder for keeping this resource the way it is for so long and in not succumbing to the temptations to grab every possible advertising dollar. We've all seen what SCL has become, which is essentially useless, and I would hate to see tuscl suffer a similar fate.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Buy TUSCL and HAVE to deal with y'all? I may be crazy, but I'm not insane, yet! :)
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Hahahha
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I heard that Juice and Founder were “in talks”
  • Caprisun69
    10 years ago
    I know there have been several reports on tmz and several tabloid magazines that have taken pictures with me and founder but I just want to publicly address the reports on tmz and the pictures in the magazine. We have both made it known publicly we like where we are right now and if we decide to take the plunge forward and change our status we would,but we are both not ready for that committeement
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    TMZ is never wrong.

Juice! Juice! Juice!
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I'd consider going in as a partner with the juiceman.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Would have to look at the books to value it, of course, but, intuitively, $30k seems extremely low. No idea w/o more info if $140k is high or not.
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    http://www.worthofweb.com/website-value/…

Estimated worth $93,154

How much can it make?
    $208/day
    $6,240/month
    $74,880/year

Traffic estimate
    13,871 visitors/day
    416,130 visitors/month
    4,993,560 visitors/year
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    There was a time back around 2001, I think, founder was offering to sell TUSCL. The price was $150,000.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I do recall it being for sale a long time ago but don't remember a price attached to it. Interesting that Sinclair would recall something from 2001 when he didn't register till 2009. hmmm...
  • jestrite50
    10 years ago
    I noticed that too. . Maybe he meant 2010.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion