tuscl

Observing 9/11

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Every house in my sub division is displaying a small American flag next to it's mail box. I think the Home Owners Association is responsible for it. I like the thought.

27 comments

• Aravas
    10 years ago
    Wow so people still haven't gotten over it yet -_-
  • founder
    10 years ago
    -1 for Aravas
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    -2 for Aravas
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I bet Aravas hates on Pearl Harbor Day, too. I'm a dick, a goofy loudmouth, and irreverent, but even I know when to show respect and consolation.
  • VeryBigDawg
    10 years ago
    A very tragic day. It is good that people remember it.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    sc,

"I think the Home Owners Association is responsible for it. I like the thought." I like the thought at well, no way! These are the same people that bitch about a Vet flying a flag!
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    -3 for Aravas.

A lot of good people died senselessly that day. What people rarely talk about, though, is how much worse it could have been if the first plane had hit an hour later than its 8:46 time of impact.

I was in the city on that day and, even though I was 40 blocks north of the World Trade Center, it was a horrible and surreal day.
  • Aravas
    10 years ago
    I know people died that shouldn't have but it was years ago, wasn't being mean I was just surprised people still going on aboutcit
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    -4 for Aravas
  • Aravas
    10 years ago
    -6 for the people hating on me without understanding what I'm trying to say
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    Life goes on after 9/11 but no one forgets where they were and what they were doing when they found out about the attacks, and how they felt as the death toll climbed. That's why every year it's still mentioned and will be in our lifetimes.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    -100 to Aravas for being an obtuse ass. My brother lost his step-daughter on Flight 93. Her entire college mourned her. How many family members, friends, and co-workers were personally affected by the 3000 deaths? And here Aravas plays the "what did I say?" dummy card. What pisses me off is Cheny "accidentally" said Flight 93 was shot down and then changed it to "it crashed.". Nothing made sense that day.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Just like December 7, 1941, a date that will live in infamy.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Aravas, you said it two different ways already. We know exactly what you were trying to say. You're getting shit because it was a stupid sentiment to express, not because we don't understand you.

How old are you anyway? I'm guessing that youth might explain it. If you were very young when it happened then maybe I could understand your cluelessness - at least a little. My parents and their friends used to ruminate over the death of JFK, but it never held the same meaning for me since I was born years after it happened. I am sure that my kids, who were not yet born when 9/11 happened, will view it differently than I do.
  • pensionking
    10 years ago
    Aravas - you blew it. Just stop commenting -- you can't unring a bell.

BTW, No one will ever convince me that Flight 93 was not shot down in order to avoid an even more horrific incident like the plane that struck the Pentagon. While probably the correct decision, unthinkable to have to order and subsequently execute. The truth will probably be released in 2051. God Bless America (and nobody else).
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    In NYC a couple weeks ago, I took a tour of Ground Zero, the Freedom Tower, 9-11 Memorial, and 9-11 Museum. I spent over 3 hours in the museum, which had incredibly affecting displays. It's something no visitor should miss.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    +1 JohnSmith

It's been over 70 years since Pearl Harbor and no one has forgotten about that attack.

It's only been 13 years since 9/11. Why would we or should we forget it.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    pk,

Listening to the Flight 93 audio, I don't think there is any doubt the passengers were going to do something. However, there is a tremendous amount of doubt and no empirical evidence that it was shot down.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Hmm... I assumed Aravas was Juice. But his one review is from MD. So probably not.

He was probably too young when 9/11 happened to really absorb the impact. Don't know if 9/11 would have affected me the same way if I had been nine or ten in 2001.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I was in Ohio very near Wright-Patterson AFB. The amount of air traffic was incredible.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    F-16 pilot was ready to give her life on Sept. 11

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/f-16…
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    She didn't have any onions, but damn if she wasn't a tough SOB!
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Clubber, so why did Cheney blurt out what he said? And why so much doubt that the news was showing a plane crash site? You saw it. A 30 foot hole in the ground, some trees on fire, and no plane in sight. Like I say, nothing made sense that day.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    None of that is empirical evidence. Saying something in the atmosphere of that day, God only knows what might have been said.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    For those too young to remember and who don't get it. Imagine this, in 2011 Your hero and everyone gathered at a rally, friends, family, strangers were murdered by terrorists. Pick a name of someone you think should be honored. Martin Luther King, or your father, or mother, or close friends, then imagine how the comments sound.

The flags were a nice touch. I remembered it was 9-11 but have been so busy at work, I didn't think about flags. It's usually dark by the time I get home. I got drafted president of my homeowners. I suppose some thought I wouldn't hesitate to speak about topics if needed.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Jack-Next time that you're in LA and want a very somber and sobering experience, go to the Simon Weissenthal Museum of Tolerance.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    ARVAS - This is what I am trying to say. Fuck you. I'm over 9/11 and use the day to renew my hatred for islam and her adherents. IK \watched my best friend from high school's oldest child graduate from high school this year. His father is one of those whom we believed leaped, preferring 86 stories to the ground rather than being burned alive.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion