tuscl

LeBron going back to Cleveland ... Any Thoughts ?

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Friday, July 11, 2014 1:59 PM
As a Miamian and Heat fan; I'm ok w/ it although I would have liked for him to stay. But the Heat are not looking like they were going to be any better next season than this/past season and IMO that probably meant a frustrating next season for the Heat and LeBron. The Heat was really built around 2 studs (LeBron/Wade) and a whole bunch of role players that are past their prime (w/ the exception of Bosh but I don't consider Bosh a stud). Wade is done (unless he has a miraculous healing which is not completely out of the question but seems improbable) – and w/o Wade being Wade/a-stud; Miami is not that good of a team for LeBron to be able to overcome. LeBron carried himself exceptionally on and off the court while in Miami – he was the best player no doubt and also the hardest working player on the court – I appreciate what he did for us here in Miami.

16 comments

• Tyres
    10 years ago
    I can understand that he is homesick for northeast Ohio. Cleveland also has some other talent with Irving and now supposedly Kevin Love through a trade. I'm not sold on Wiggins the way he underperformed at KU. It had to have been a hard decision the way that Dan Gilbert trashed him on his way out the first time, although LeBron's exit itself was less than classy. I do think it's funny that he chose to go to Sports Illustrated this time with his "decision" instead of ESPN.
  • samsung1
    10 years ago
    Maybe the Cleveland strip clubs will improve if they have a good sports team. Also Chris bosh might return to his home state of Texas and play for Houston. I'm sure lebron would have stayed in Miami if they would the championship this year.
  • mjx01
    10 years ago
    Considering the logistics of things (i.e. Wade in decline), at least this doesn't reek like the 2010 decision. The Heat couldn't afford 3-near max contracts AND get quality role player. The only way MIA could have surrounded LBJ with the right supporting cast would have been to cut Wade. This outcome is way more the fault of the current CBA than anything of LBJ's doing. Of course... everyone will have to wait at least 4 years to know how the ring count turns out. Time will tell if CLE has/get the right supporting cast.
  • samsung1
    10 years ago
    Never mind bosh just signed with heat. 5 years for $118 million.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    I find it surprising they are embracing him in Cleveland now. Considering the same Cleveland owner trashed him after The Decision before, I'm surprised he'd want to go back, although I suppose the team is pretty good (I don't really keep up with the NBA anymore).
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    What's he going to wear - didn't they burn his jersey?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    It was a fun run while it lasted. As one from S.Florida (I never say Miami), I was upset when Csonka, Kiick, and Warfield left Miami. Those were days when players mostly stayed with team their entire career. I hold no grudge against LeBron for heading home, but Cleveland??? :) Bottom line NO ONE is happy unless Mama is happy. Not sayin' his wife had all the input, but... ss1, I don't know about him staying had they won. The entire year the entire team seemed on auto pilot. Played like they had nothing to prove, and I guess, they really didn't.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I wish Bosh would have left too – I think he is a nice guy but I don’t like him as a player – and I don’t think he is worth 5 yrs $118 million – but OTOH – I don’t how many players are available that are worth that
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    I think LeBron will be much more well liked around the world because of the decision he made today.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    1. Don't count Bosh out, with LeBron out of the way most analysts expect Bosh's numbers to improve. I myself am surprised he didn't go to Houston, especially since he's a Texas native. 2. Being a former resident of Cleveland I feel for that city. I'm glad to see him go back. The crushing defeats of yesteryear, Indians blowing it in two World Series appearances, Browns leaving and LeBron failing to deliver the first time around, and that's the only upsets in the past 20 years! 3. I think everyone (Gilbert and LeBron) have both learned a lot since "the decision". LeBron is more mature, and Gilbert appears to have the staff that will give LeBron what he needs this time around. If they get Love, and Wiggins doesn't turn out to be another Greg Oden, this team could be crazy. Rumors are running that LeBron wants Mike Miller back and Ray Allen could wind up in Cleveland as well... With LeBron back and Johnny Football in Cleveland, the spotlight will certainly be on this city this fall for professional sports.
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    Go Spurs Go. That's all I have to say. Sorry Papi.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Papi, Look at Bosh before Miami, he was great in Toronto. Here, he played second tier along with Wade behind LeBron. Now, if age hasn't caught up with him, he may just return to that greatness as "the man".
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Going to Cleveland? Cleveland is just Detroit without the glamor.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    I'm really surprised to see CB come back to Miami. Once LBJ left, I figured we'd pay D-Wade and try to get some youngsters to start rebuilding for later. I'd honestly have no problem with that, We owe him and if paying him means we can't afford talent around him that's fine. With Bosh coming back and Deng & Gasol still out there, maybe I'm wrong though. I am a little bitter about LBJ going though. Not to Nick Saban level, but I'm not gonna rush out and buy a Jersey or anything.
  • Tiredtraveler
    10 years ago
    I think Le Bron is a legend in his own mind. The entire league is fill with egocentric douche bags that think they can go out and beat a team with out anyone else. I would love to see a team of well coached above average talent team go out and kick the shit out of everyone. Like Bobby Knight's IU team did in 1976. No outstanding talent but played as a team and simply wore down, shut down and beat everyone by being relentless from first toss to final buzzer.
  • dollardollarbillyall
    10 years ago
    Anyone who was a "Heat" fan and is now a "Cavs" fan is just a LeBron jockey, and I have no respect for any sad-sack who will just follow a player from team to team.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion