tuscl

avoiding the cover charge--getting into clubs for free!

Friday, July 1, 2005 1:00 PM
Hi everyone. I do not like to pay cover charges and am wondering whether anyone knows how to get into clubs for free. One way is to show up before a certain time---for example, some clubs don't charge a cover before 7 p.m., for example. Another way is to go to the club's website. Some clubs have coupons for free or reduced entry on their website ([view link]). Some clubs offer free entry on a certain day of the week (Monday, for example). Some clubs allow free or reduced entry upon presentation of a hotel room key. Others have coupons for free or reduced entry in local newspapers. Some clubs allow free entry upon presentation of a sporting event ticket or a convention badge. One tuscl reviewer got a free pass from the concierge at his hotel. I signed up at one website and they keep sending me passes for free cover to clubs in San Francisco, which is great except I don't live there. I also signed up at the Spearmint Rhino website, but have not received any coupons (although they may have been buried in junk email). One guy said cabbies in Las Vegas have coupons for free club admission. I always ask BEFORE going to clubs whether they have any of these offers for free or reduced admission, and it has definitely saved me some money! If anyone has any ideas about how to get into clubs for free or reduced admission, please post them and let everyone know! Thanks!

11 comments

• FONDL
    19 years ago
    This reminds me of a boss I had years ago. Every day he would buy the NY Times, then bitch about their liberal bias. I don't understand why anyone subsidizes something that they don't like. If you don't like something, don't spend money on it. Your money is like a vote, when you spend it on someting you are voting for that thing. Why is that so hard to understand?
  • Officer
    19 years ago
    Thanks for your comments.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I have a fool-proof method: don't go to cubs that charge a cover, there are plenty of free clubs around. Works every time. Plus this strategy has the added advantage that such clubs tend to be cheaper in other respects too. I tend to follow this strategy in other areas of my life too. If I don't like how a place treats customers, I don't go there.
  • Officer
    19 years ago
    Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    Like Korney, I can get into one of the clubs I go to as long as the one doorman is there. I have also got in without a cover once because a dancer was distracting the doorman. Otherwise, you'll have to show up early. Depending on where you're at, some of the rural clubs I have gone to don't have a cover, so that could also be an option.
  • Officer
    19 years ago
    to the top!
  • Officer
    19 years ago
    to the top!
  • komey1970
    19 years ago
    I rarely pay a cover charge anymore. Most of the time I get there before the club starts to charge. One club, the person who collects cover just lets me through as a regular.
  • Officer
    19 years ago
    to the top
  • parodyman-->
    19 years ago
    Want to get in for free? I have one word for you... INVISIBILITY! Try it. It works!
  • T-Bone
    19 years ago
    You can usually get into clubs for free if you happen to be dating or spending time OTC with a dancer...."i'm here to pick up ____" has worked for me on several occasions. I wouldn't suggest making up a line of BS though...probabaly get your ass bounced.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion