tuscl

OT: How much money do you need, monthly, to maintain your lifestyle?

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 3:16 PM
So, my topic about strippers' drugs of choice lead to an interesting debate regarding how one can live off a certain annual income. Since most people here frequent strip clubs (which are relatively expensive establishments) and pay for sex (another relatively expensive hobby) I am curious what is the LEAST amount of money you would need, per month, to maintain your current life style - that includes your current frequency of paying strippers for sex, etc. Post up!

109 comments

• goonster
    10 years ago
    15-20K a month, though I can easily clear 20-25K a month.
  • RTP
    10 years ago
    I would say I need about 22 - 26k per month. I have a house with a mortgage, two kids, one in college and one in a private high school, and no car payments. I have a very nice house, but other than that life is not that extravagant.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    15-20 K minimum although I easily can and do spend more. What's that, about 1% of LMN's monthly trust fund budget?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I don't visit as often as I did around my peak. About $180-200k/y would do it for me, although I won't die on $150k. Naturally it would depend a bit on the nature of the income (cap gains? dividends, earned income) and, hence, tax rates.
  • scatterbrain
    10 years ago
    Wait....what?! Are you guys doing the math correctly? Are you saying that you 'need' $180k to $240k per year to be comfortable? Tacking on taxes, that would be over $200k-$250k per year. You're talking the average surgeon salary ([view link]). Is that really who's on this board? Doubt it.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Lol these responses are hilarious. 15-20K a MONTH to maintain your lifestyle? Lololol I didn't realize TUSCL was full of pro athletes Get the fuck out of here
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    The number I stated was pre-tax. I also assume LMN meant amount you would need without burning through savings. Why $200k-$250k hard to believe? I'd imagine we have many folks here in their late 50's and beyond and who own their own businesses. If you are successful small (or larger) business by that point, isn't not hard to clear that much. Plus you have to factor in what they are making each through investments on money they've saved. There's definitely a selective bias to who's on this board. Upper incomes, with some exceptions like J-Cube, is one of the positive things outcomes of this.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    My numbers were after tax but I wasn't kidding.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    John Smith69, WE DON'T BELIEVE YOU, YOU NEED MORE PEOPLE!
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    @GoVikings - just divide by 10 to get the real numbers, lol
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I don't need much, but keeping a wife sure jacks the price up!
  • ime
    10 years ago
    Even if you are clearing 20k a month, if you are spending that much on living expenses it seems like you have to be living pretty extravagantly, or don't manage money well. Assuming this is the amount you need to cover your bills, and not wasting it on drugs etc.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Kids, wife, fast cars, big house, college, strippers, and more strippers.. It adds up fast. LMN, please give us your monthly income so 200K per year doesn't sound like so much.
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    Uh, well, I don't live particularly extravagantly, though I work and live in San Francisco and also own a house in Phoenix. Since I split my time between the two, I have a vehicle at each, plus utilities at each, etc. The shit adds up faster than you think. 15-20K a month is middle class. Could I do without the house in Phx? However I'm a Phx native and have a sizeable extended family there, so having a house there makes sense given how frequently I visit.
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    Oh, and yes, my income is quite a bit more than 15-20K a month. I generally live below my means, it makes for having a sizeable nest egg to fall back on if I need it.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    The percentage of people in this country who are making 20K a MONTH, regardless of their profession, is extremely low. So with that in mind, is it likely that four TUSCL posters IN A ROW are making that much? Hell no.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    I invest $6,600/month to max out the premium of two 2.5 million whole life insurance policies. I also invest $6,000/month into mutual funds. This comes out of my actual income from working in private equity. I have a variety of investment accounts, custodial trust accounts, etc that were set up by my family's estate but I obviously do not have active control over how those funds are diversified. I pay $1,200/month to lease a Mercedes SL550. I pay $900/month to lease a Porsche Panamera. I pay ~$6,200/month on the mortgage on my place (payments are low because I am constantly refinancing to stretch out so it isnt paid off thanks to the homestead law in Florida). I pay $2,750/month rent on my crash pad. I pay for almost everything except drugs and strippers on my Amex, which usually ends up being around $6,000/month (restaurants, dinner, gas, groceries, clothes, random shit). Currently I probably average about $3,000-$4,000/month in cash given to my current favorite stripper. Drugs, I am not too sure as its pretty variable but I spend about $2,000-$3,000/month on cocaine for sure. Probably another $1,000/month on weed. The roxis and stuff are pretty cheap, not more than another $1,000 if im not buying them off someone with an rx and getting them for street value. My family's estate pays for my lawyer so I dont calculate that directly. Same with accountant, etc. The total on that is $39,650 which seems about right. only about $13,000-$20,000 max come from my actual "job" - the rest is drawn from trust funds and managed accounts from my family's estate. I definitely have a high cost of living. As I mentioned, I tapped out a custodial trust account a few months ago pretty quickly.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I'll have to check Quicken but pretty sure cash withdrawals mostly spent on strippers are my largest expense. :-) Fortunately I don't do any drugs and only drink a couple of times a year so no money up there. My income above also includes monthly 401k contributions as part of maintaining current lifestyle.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I definitely won't speculate in real estate myself right now (not even the RICK REIT, joking) but it seems to be close in popularity to investing in the stock market. I know lots of people, including a local stripper who do this and flip and/or collect rental income. I think they'll all get burned but they think people in the stock market will. Maybe everyone will!
  • TinMan0
    10 years ago
    It would be nice to have 20k per week. But my annual income is less than 100K. That being said, I still have plenty of weekend fun. I usually burn about 1k to 2k on a stripclub weekend. And I'm fairly new to it. So, if you do a little on-site field work. You can come up with a decent routine that will not cost you your left nut every visit.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    Dougster Regarding rental income, I own some section 8 units that return 19 percent. Property manager takes 10 percent of the net income. Best real estate investment I've made (in all candor I made some bad ones with strip malls in low income areas).
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    I don't see why people think 15-20K a month is unreasonable. If you're a youngster or have a non-technical, non-managerial day job, sure, there are plenty of people that don't make that, but anything that is remotely technical or managerial easily pays salaries that are in the 15-20K a month range. For myself, I own 3 different businesses. Two in SF and 1 in Phx, and I employ 25 people between the three. My total monthly cash flow is several orders of magnitude higher than the 15-20K a month I spend in my personal expenses. Go figure out what the monthly payroll for 25 employees at the national median income is. 15-20K a month is a drop in the bucket.
  • TinMan0
    10 years ago
    I'll add that while the girls are definitely money driven, they are still women looking for the meaning of life. You don't have to be rich to have one or so on your frequent visit for free list.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    I hear you can make much more than 25k a month selling pasties. Holy shit that guy is fucking this place up with spam
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    Che I live on hibiscus island. If you have an idea what RE runs for there, you'd realize the $6200/month mortgage means I've paid the principal down a lot. I could use family estate funds to pay off the house in full but I prefer to reduce the principle balance by continuing to make payments toward it. I just had to pay $48k in legal fees plus a civil judgement against me. I'm going to have to move soon realistically to shelter more money
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I live on my Social Security check of $585/mo and live in a section 8 apartment for $285 mo. I cut coupons and eat a lot of vegetables so I keep my weekly grocery bill down to about $45/wk. Medicare and Medicaid take care of most of my medical bills. I can't afford a car so I take the bus to the strip club once a month and I only go to those black clubs that have $5 dances. I usually get in free and sip a bottled water while I am there. I'm usually there 2 hours get about 5 dances. So I am living large on my present income.
  • ime
    10 years ago
    Lesser known fact, Shadow is one of 14 men who are suspected to be the father of Bag Boy James.
  • BonedBrother
    10 years ago
    I only make what I collect on welfare plus whatever loose change I can steal out of the KKK coffers every month. Even J-Cube (Jestie the Jealous Janitor) makes more than me. It's all because of how the Jews, Niggers, and Catholics have screwed up this once great country!
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    My house is long ago mortgage free. I pay virtually nothing for utilities; I have my own water well, solar panels, an emergency diesel generator, and a wind turbine (this makes money for me since excess power from my wind turbine enters the power grid at a very juicy price). I use some natural gas from the local rural co-op. My retirement account has all the money that I will ever need. I live in Canada so my medical expenses are minuscule. I pay $0 for my standard health coverage and $40.87/mo for extended health care coverage, pharmaceuticals, some dental, and vision care. I am single with no dependents, no need for a nickel of life insurance. I use company vehicles for most of my traveling. My strip club visits are now very infrequent. Toronto sweetie dumped me; no more expensive vacations with her. My hobbies are mostly inexpensive save for old car restoration, vacation trips to Europe, and single malts and Bordeaux. I have abandoned my fatal fascination with expensive fast cars, F-150 suits me fine now for my personal vehicle. I grow much of my own food and buy most of my meat direct from the producers. My property taxes are embarrassingly low compared what you urban guys will be paying for any middle class home on an average lot. My biggest expense, by far, is my annual personal tax bill. I don't have a clue what my monthly budget might be to maintain my current life style but I am guessing that it would be less than $2K per month if I were to cut out my expensive hobbies. My personal income taxes have no part in this guesstimate.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Lately I've only been spending $40 to $150 a week. I do not buy drugs or sex. I've been buying less and less lap dances. I get paid below average so I'm looking for discounts on drinks and dances. My best choice appears to be to find a new job where I get paid at least close to average for my profession and move if I need to. However all that takes a lot of work and fixing up my house. I will have to stay home to work on it to do that.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    The idea that all 'y'all make the kind of money you pretend to make made this morning hysterically funny.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    skibum609 and govikings are 100% right - give me a fucking break most others. just take a look at this: [view link] So the 6% of the nation makes over $100K and it so happens 85% of the people on here make over $100K? I don't think so. I can't believe there's faggots on here that took the time to type out all that fake shit - get a life! If you want to hear something reasonable, it takes me $36K a year to live. That is not including food, fuel, investments or money spent on entertainment. That is house payment, insurance premiums, neighborhood fees, taxes, utilities. Fortunately my property taxes are low because of where I live, insurance premiums high because I drive rather exotic cars... which I buy used. I let dickheads like LMN lease the Porsche for $900 a month, then I buy it used for less than half the original value.
  • JohnSmith69
    10 years ago
    Okay, I admit it. I don't make 200 K per year. I'm really a dishwasher at waffle house, struggling to get by at minimum wage. I spend every penny I make getting blowjobs from the old woman who lives behind the dumpster, so I have to live in my truck. I was inspired by LMN to promote a false image of my wealth. Please forgive me for having promoted such falsehood.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    @shailynn How exactly am I a "dickhead" for leasing? I pay leases entirely through pre tax dollars through a corporation and I get a new car every 2-3 years paying only the depreciation. Conversely, you buy a shitty pre-owned car and can only deduct the depreciation while paying for every single bit of maintenance outside standard powertrain warranty. Maybe this makes sense to you in the realm of Hondas and Toyotas. Anyhow, for the record, I also own a ferrari 612 (it was my father's old car) and a dodge viper acr. There are certain high end luxury/sports cars that one cannot lease or the lease options make no sense (ie the lamborghini lease program barely provides you enough miles to drive the car) but aside from that leases are superior if you can afford the payments. While a very small percentage of the population makes in the six figures or higher, an even smaller percentage of the population pays strippers for sex - which is quite an expensive hobby. It doesn't surprise me that most here are making at least six figurs. How else could you afford this hobby?
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    LMN....You are a proven liar. Why does it take you 4 hours to drive from Hibiscus Island(where you say you live) to Coral Gables(where you say your regular coke dealer is) when the distance is about 12 miles. Are you being dramatic trying to explain why you pull a dork move like letting strippers score coke when you can't make that awesome drive. And please come up with an excuse, I'm sure it will be amusing. You are awesome.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    @mikeya02 I said I didn't want too drive from hibiscus to the gables at 4am. Not that it took four hours, lol.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    LMN: "While a very small percentage of the population makes in the six figures or higher, an even smaller percentage of the population pays strippers for sex - which is quite an expensive hobby" Exactly - selection bias. There are going to be tons of selection biases when you pose a question like that on a board like this.
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    ^^^^ I don't think you're doing enough drugs
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    @shailynn Please address my points regarding leasing cars. You claim I'm a dickhead for leasing a Porsche. I take it you prefer to pay for things with post tax dollars, minimal deductions, lower quality and greater maintenance costs?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    shailynn: "^^^^ I don't think you're doing enough drugs " Agreed!
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Lol LMN, you're right! You merely said "all the way to Coral Gables" OTOH, too bad you couldn't put your little note on the trunk, or the hood, or the dash of a real car. @Dougster: I agree mostly but saying paying for strippers for sex is an expensive hobby is a little misleading. Anyone can afford a girl or two. But at what point is it a hobby and when is it expensive?
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    @mikeya02 Have you ever actually seen a ferrari in real life?
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Yes LMN, I've been in a Bentley also,(not worth the money), but what does that have to do with holding a note in front of a computor screen? Should have done what I suggested if you wanted to be believed.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    "I've been in a Bentley" LOL Was that the highlight of your life?
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Hey LMN, in case you were truthful, you shouldn't blab what cars you drive, or that you live in a small community of 400 or so people. Some people here have skills. Thought you were worried about being found out.
  • jester2I4
    10 years ago
    JohnSmith69: " I'm really a dishwasher at waffle house, " I fuckin' wish I could get a fuckin' job like that. Would pay alot more than I currently make as a janitor. Do they hire people with art history degrees? Fuckin' fuck everything!
  • Mate27
    10 years ago
    True story! Bottom line is my wife and I make $20k/month gross income. She' s a nurse and I'm in sales. We are totally middle class with no debt other than mortgage. After savings, living expenses, and some entertainment we live below our means at $20k month. This is everything needed to be done to retire in 15 years. Despite my previous rambling about figures, my weekly strip club allow and is $250, and it gets me more than satisfaction. Several $10 lappers and the occasional VIP gives me several girlfriends who like me at the club. Not sure any of you with the high spending lifestyle need to blow all that money. You really getting more out of it? Too much is better if you can appreciate it. To each their own as life is all about options that you choose. Have fun! Great discussion by the way.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    @mikeya02 Since when have I given a shit about someone finding out who I am? I offered to meet members here who live in Miami. I offered to fly out a stripper that posts here. In another thread I openly stated my family's source of wealth. Realistically, what is someone going to do if they found out my identity? Call the SEC and get me banned from working in private equity because of posts I made on an internet forum about drug use? Call up my dad and tell him his son whose been in residential drug treatment is using drugs and banging strippers? Lol. Get real. P.S. You should stop obsessing over me, it's weird.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    The average salary for professionals in the US is $45-50k. Top executives average around $100k-$150k. Just look it up online. Bureau of Labor Statistics. It will take you 10 seconds. That's what most people make. VERY few people make over $150k. Most people make that much only in their dreams. And I imagine most of the children in this forum dream a lot. Or maybe it's the drugs.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    "Top executives average around $100k" One of the stupidest things I've read here so far.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Copied from the "May 2013 National Occupational Employment and Wage Estimates", US Bureau of Labor Statistics: Occupation Title: Top Executives Employment: 2,278,260 Median Annual Wage: $121,010 So of almost 2.3 million "Top Executives", the median annual wage is $120k. Feel free to send the BLS a complaint if you don't like their statistics. You might also take a look at that report. It's interesting. Shows median salaries for all job classifications. However, I don't think they include stock options, bonuses, or other benefits those executives might receive, which make their total income substantially higher. And I'm sure they don't mention how much of those salaries goes to buy illegal drugs, or how many employees are drugged out fucking losers. So maybe you're not interested.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    If there are 2 million "top executives" in a country of 300 million seems their definition of "top" or even "executive" is pretty loose.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    Dougster hit the nail on the head. There arent 2 million top executives in this country. That statistic is grossly skewed because they are clearly including people who have no such position close to being a "top executive."
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    I really don't need that much money to maintain my lifestyle. But I really do need a lot of money to do what I want to do.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    Did you do as I suggested, and read the report? No, you didn't. You ASSUMED you know what a top executive is. The point is that top managers in a company don't make very much. Keep in mind there are a lot of SMALL businesses out there that also have managers and presidents, and those are considered "top executives". Most businesses in the US are SMALL businesses. Just because the owner and president of Joe's House of Pool Supplies isn't the CEO of Microsoft doesn't mean he's not a "top executive". Or maybe you aren't familar with the term "median". It's like an average. If you look at the report, you can see that some make over $200k, some make under $100k. And CEO's, of course, make much more. But the VAST MAJORITY of professional people in the US don't make very much. Even those at the top of most companies.
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    I employ approximately 50 people, regular and contract employees. All but two of them are paid in excess of $100K/yr. None of them are top executives. Among the office employees geologists, geophysicists, computer weenies, and my office manager all earn in the range of $110K to $200K, with occasional bonuses. The young receptionist is at $50K and a secretary is at $65K. Those salaries may seem inflated to you characters, but, in booming Calgary, that is what an employer must pay in a tight, competitive market. I have a helluva time keeping a receptionist even at that $50K salary. All employees out in the field make over $125K (the starting wage for 18 year old rig pig grunts). Tradesmen and rig managers make considerably more. My drilling contractor will be drilling more complicated holes this coming winter and one new rig manager will be needed. The drilling contractor has warned me that I will be on the hook for $300K salary for that guy. Again, these hyper-inflated wages are a product of the red hot oil and nat gas sector in western Canada.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @jerkoffson: We said their definition was "loose". As in there should have been more requirements to qualify as a "top executive" to match people intuition notion of the term. Supposed jester214 saved his money for a couple of years and incorporated his contract janitoring under the name "J-Cube Rent a Janitor" as single member LLC and gave himself the title "president" he would meet their definition of "top executive" even though he might only make $24,000 a year. Hard meets the intuition notion of "top executive", however. Which as the point, you stupid retard.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Seems to me rappers, pro atheletes, drug dealers, movie stars, and yes, those in the oil biz, would all laugh at whatever definition of "top executive" one gives.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    I used to make 100K, but I had to take a significant pay cut. Now I'm at around 75K. I do find it interesting that none of you guys making the big money are willing to say what you do. I'm a physical therapist.
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    I'll say what I do: I own three businesses. One is in the new media space (think web content, etc), and two are in the technology space providing IT and technical support services to small businesses. The IT businesses (one in Phx, one in SF) each have 4 employees, and the rest of the employees (17 of them) go to the new media company in SF. Business was booming until 2007-2008 happened, then I had to scale things back to 15 employees in total, but the past couple of years has significantly picked up and I'm actually looking to add more employees over the next 12-24 months as more business comes in. As it is I've already added 10 employees over the last 18-24 months, not bad, all things considered.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Dugly says he gets 9's and 10's for $150 just by asking. How is that a rich man's hobby?
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    @ldk $50-$100 or $50k-$100k? I don't even bother going to the club unless I'm going to drop at least a few hundred dollars. The going price for actual sex in most places that you can get it at is typically $100-$300 dollars or more depending on where and how much time you want.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    After 60 plus posts, why hasn't anyone bothered to ask the obvious question? If we are all making in the $20-$25K per month range, why are we bothering with expensive strip clubs? It's seems like a quarter mil per year should get us some "free" hot girlfriend pussy. Hmmm....
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "why hasn't anyone bothered to ask the obvious question?" Too busy boasting they have a bigger dick, er, paycheck
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    @motor...the more obvious question is why rich braggerts are even on this site. Living large means posting here? Farmer gets a break cux he's stuck in Canada
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    Low IQ posters like mikeya02 seem to be unable to grasp the concept that median income here is skewed because we are surveying a niche demographic - specifically a niche dedicated to an expensive hobby. Its like posting on a ferrari owner forum about median income - it's going to be higher than the national average. Of course you will have the outliers who are stretching themselves to finance a decade old model (or in our case, the mikeya02's who save up their pennies to buy one blowjob per month).
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Gee, I must occupy a space in LMN's mind. And he thinks paying girls for sex is somehow an special niche for the rich to build up his troll status. What a tool.
  • Big_sarge
    10 years ago
    I bring in $6675 a month after taxes. I am single, no child support payments or alimony payments or anything like that. This year so far, I have been spending an average of $775/month in the clubs...but, I only get dances from proven performers or first timers with whom I am giving a little audition to...I have also been trying to cut back my habit, but haven't really been having much luck with that.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    Hey LMN, I can't help it, but can't you post here. [view link]
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    "- specifically a niche dedicated to an expensive hobby." Again, please address how this is an expensive hobby when your pal Dugly says he gets 9's and 10's for $150 OTC?
  • shailynn
    10 years ago
    "After 60 plus posts, why hasn't anyone bothered to ask the obvious question? If we are all making in the $20-$25K per month range, why are we bothering with expensive strip clubs? It's seems like a quarter mil per year should get us some "free" hot girlfriend pussy. Hmmm...." So true so true... Motorhead and Meat72, thank you for posting substance LMN I'll bite.... coming from someone who's been on here a long time, but have just gotten into the boards recently, it's quite suspect when someone comes out of the blue posting info about his financial situations and how many drugs he is on. There are all walks of life on this board, wealthy guys, average guys, guys just gettin' by, some dancers and at times, a lot of douche bags. I highly suggest you try your best not to be the latter, you're not impressing anybody on here. I don't think you're a dickhead because you claim to lease a Porsche, what you do with your money is none of my business. I was thinking you're a dickhead in general because of your incoherent arrogance regardless if it's created from fact or fantasy. To answer your question about cars, I do not have an inferior complex so I am perfectly fine to buy a 2 year old car with less than 20,000 miles for around half the original retail price. I am not talking about a Honda or Toyota, which are fine cars, but I don't feel the need to tell everyone what I drive like you do. Still being under warranty or not, doesn't really matter to me since I do my own maintenance and modifications. Many of the modifications that I do would void the warranty anyway. It's something I enjoy as a hobby, along with occasionally fucking strippers, sometimes for free, sometimes for money. I have a few other hobbies too, but this is a strip club forum so I really don't think this is the place to talk about those. Again another suggestion I would like to make, if you want to talk about drugs you may want to go to [view link] and if you want to brag about money you may want to go to [view link] lastly you may want to remove the douche from your pussy and insert it in your asshole.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    See LMN, lots of other sites for you to be on.... [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link] [view link]
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    Just a little note without trying to identify my profession, I thought the average pay was closer to 80k to 100k on a national basis. I'm not making anywhere close to that. I assume when I tell dancers my profession, they might think I'm making a whole lot more than I really am. I can talk about a story I heard today from one of my millionaire cousins. I heard he got on his phone or pc and was doing some typing. A couple of minutes later he told whoever he was with that he bought and sold some stock. I asked my relative if he made any money. I heard $116,000. That's not a typo. Then I heard he burned a $100 bill in front of a girlfriend to make a point about money on another occassion. I thought he should have just handed a few hundred to a few people on the street if he wanted to make that point. Anyway I heard he wanted to move closer to wall street in new york. Renting a place for 30k for 6 months. I'd like to learn how he made all his money because I heard he wasn't always a millionaire.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I was thinking it must have been nice to retire in his 30's or whenever he retired. Then just buy stocks and commodities. He bought a lot of gold several years ago I heard. What would you do with a few million? I'd probably continue investing like he did if it works for him. I might also start a business or check out and invest in some start up businesses. That would probably be like work in itself. At least I would benefit a lot more than a given salary if business was booming. I believe I have a knack for knowing what ordinary people might like and buy or forget about. Millionaires often seem to be in the dark in my opinion.
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    @motorhead if there even is such a thing as free pussy, you're assuming I don't have a hot girlfriend who is giving me free pussy. I actually have two. One in SF and one in Phx. I do the stripclub thing for the adventure.
  • DoctorPhil
    10 years ago
    oh yes, there is definitely such a thing as free pussy
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Still no response? This is a rich guys hobby but the hottest girls can be had for $150 OTC?? Doesn't compute.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    Ok..regarding the "free pussy" comments - as I posted in another thread just now, most attractive "civilian" girls around here want to go to nightclubs, get bottle service, etc etc. Thats already $1,500 in a high end night club like LIV or Mokai just to sit down. And you aren't even guaranteed pussy. @jester214 I don't particularly agree with Dougster that the "hottest" girls can be had for $150 OTC. Maybe if they are in an absolutely destitute circumstance and they needed the money NOW or something. Or maybe they are just a very attractive higher volume hooker. But for an extremely attractive stripper who doesnt do much OTC/p4p, I highly doubt $150 would work. Especially in areas like NYC, LA, Miami, etc. I don't know where Dougster lives so perhaps his location has something to do with it if he is not in an area with a very high cost of living. While they are all hookers in the end, I prefer the variety of hookers who aren't sucking a million dicks per night, which often means they cost a fair bit more.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I'm in Seattle. J-Cube left out the part where I said that's how much you can get it down to once you become a regular. The guy is not exactly known for having great reading comprehension.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @LMN: General expensiveness of the area is one factor affecting the supply side, but the general demand for hookers is one that affects the supply side. The cities you cite, in addition to being very expensive, all have huge high octane party cultures. Seattle is not exactly renowned for that. :-) We are just straight-laced entrepreneurs, or corporate drones with a slight neo-hippy leaning (not as bad as those weird Portlandites' though.) There's a rave or two here and there but check the number of strip club/capita compared to other places.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    @Dougster Fair enough but regardless of location you must concede that a hooker who fucks for $150 is probably having sex with many, many men. While they are all hookers, I prefer being inside a lower volume vagina.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @LMN: I don't know about that one. I know there are lots of guys on this board who want to think that the strippers they have sex with are lower traffic than the real whores in the club or the ones that other guys on the board are paying. That their girls are being much more selective due to the personality and/or amounts of cash the poster has. I think it's all wishful thinking. There is probably some variation, but I doubt it very much. The ones who do, probably all did it roughly the same amount "a few times a week". The only big difference I think would be between OTC and ITC girls. If they are doing ITC near exclusively they are probably higher traffic just due to how little time it requires between rounds. The volume of the hooker you are paying to have sex is not really something you want to dwell on!
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    @Dougster Very valid point(s) but you must admit that a stripper who will only have sex for $500+ is likely seeing less guys than the $150 variety. This general concept is why I prefer the specific stripper I see. The amount of money she receives from me, while inconsequential to me, is so much to her that she does not even work at the club any longer (as long as my cash is flowing). Compounded with the fact that the first time we did p4p otc she was visibly nervous and inexperienced, leads me to believe she's receiving less penises than the median hooker. Truthfully, if I asked for sex itc or otc and was quoted anything less than $700 I wouldn't be interested due to my notions about her likely traffic.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    LMN: " Very valid point(s) but you must admit that a stripper who will only have sex for $500+ is likely seeing less guys than the $150 variety. " Could be. I've had very bad experiences with girls who charge $400+, however. Although they are often good looking, they have always been terrible in bed, to the extent I didn't want to repeat even if they chopped the price in half. And then even if you want anything beyond the basics they'll say they won't allow it or try to upsell. Like I say, though, I suspect it's a cultural/geographic thing. East Coast (and some of the bigger California cities) is generally rather different than the rest of the US. Miami sounds like ground zero for the high octane, young rich, party culture. I suspect only NYC, with the wall street money, would see higher demand for expensive hookers.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    @Dougster You raise an interesting point that perhaps a hooker who charges such a price may be so consumed with believing she can get by on her looks that her "skills" may be less than one who has honed them with numerous $150 transactions. Regarding Miami culture, much of what's going on here with the young money party culture is because of the influx money from South America. The bad political environment there for the ultra wealthy combined with the eb5 and e2 visa requirements for expedited US citizenships are bringing in major money - and their kids - To Miami. I've partied in NYC a bit and found it a lot tamer than Miami. It seems most of the people - save a few - are full time employed, working for the money they are spending which leads to a different environment. In Miami, it barely appears that anyone even works.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I need to qualify what I said above by a whisker. I did have a good experience one time when I paid a high amount. That was at the Mustang Ranch just outside of Reno. I paid $1000 for that and it was with a girl who told me she worked as a stripper in Texas when she wasn't there. I paid a visit back to the Mustang Ranch this year. I was hoping she would be there, but she wasn't. Prices have gone way down there now. Still expensive but not like they were just two years ago. Unfortunately quality of the girls is way down too. It was way late a night by that point already, so I didn't feel like checking in at the Bunny Ranch further to the south. I wonder if the hot girls migrated down there instead?
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    LOL. LMN: Uhh... I guess he lives somewhere cheap Dugly: Ummm... Well... Uh... I guess it's cause um... Seattle isn't a party town! Yeah that's it. LOL. If Dugly is getting 9's and 10's for $150 (actually I think it was $125-$150) in an expensive place like Seattle, then this clearly isn't a rich mans hobby. Watching these two morons pretend like they know what they're talking about is hilarious. Equally amusing is the fact that if anyone else claimed they were routinely paying these amounts Dugly would shit himself in his attempt to ridicule them. Appreciation for a fellow bullshit artist or does Dugly have a crush?
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @J-Cube: One, little problem though. Too bad, for you, others in the area have backed me up on what I've said about rates in Seattle. Oooops! Look like you ran your mouth a little too much again, and painted yourself into a corner. Again. Why are you in such a pissy mode today anyway? Didn't take your anti-depressant? Ran into a particularly hard toilet to clean at work? :-)
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @J-Cube: I do agree with you that it's not a "rich man's hobby". Why do you think I've always mocked RickyBoy when he says paying a hooker for sex demonstrates that you attained a certain status in life? Hey, but you've never let facts stand in the way of things you are determined to believe in the past. So why start now? No get back to work clean those stains for that bitch of a toilet you were working on today.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    LOL, sorry you just think it's quite an expensive hobby. Apparently $125-150 a pop is quite expensive to you. Guess that's why $250 "through work" was all you could give to charity. But hey, you already admitted you only make 38K a year... Oh wait, that was a "typo".
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Um? When did I say it was an "expensive hobby"? Help me out here. Or just making up something because everything I said is airtight? Also let me help you out a bit regarding other things. a) yes, hookers do charge different amounts depending where you live. You can check out escort boards if this is too hard for you to believe. b) regarding typos: You just made one yourself: you used to claim the figure was $35k now you are saying $38k. Oooops! Looks like typos do happen. c) Some companies in this world will match your charitable contributions. At some this is easiest if you do it "through work" (an internal website), or you can do it on your own and send them a copy of the receipt. Sorry you have no exposure to the corporate world, other than cleaning their toilets so you don't know that. Now, keep spazzing out. Your alternating between shades of green (envy) and yellow (scared running) is most amusing!
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    @Dougster, another thing tho is some of the smarter girls will charge more if they know you're loaded. Thats what they hope for anyway.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Looks like J-Cube's reading comprehension is the problem once again. LMN has referred to paying hookers for sex as "an expensive hobby" several times in this thread. But if you looked at how he started the thread he clearly used the phrase "relatively expensive hobby". As in compared to others hobbies. In the rest of thread it's pretty clear he is just saying "expensive hobby" as short hand for that. farmerart also used the phrase "expensive hobby". Maybe he was just referring to his automobile collecting, but I get the feeling he also rates paying hookers for sex as an "expensive hobby". So is J-Cube going to say that if farmerart considers it an "expensive hobby" farmeart doesn't have the money he claims? I never used the phrase "expensive hobby" myself except in J-Cube's imagination. Just trying to pin something on me I didn't say? I did agree with something LMN said, regarding there are going to be selection biases when you take "random surveys" on this board since we all partake in a "relatively expensive" hobby. mikeya02 then quoted my agreement, probably where J-Cube got confused, thinking I had used that phrase. mikeya seems to have understood my point about selection bias, but J-Cube, never impartial, always with an agenda looks to have decided to overextend himself by trying for a grandslam here and instead just ends up striking himself out. Trying to pin something on me I never said. But it's pretty easy to get J-Cube to over-react and screw up like that given what a hot head he is. Add "red" to the "green" and "yellow" shades we get to see J-Cube cycle through. :-)
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I must live a life very different than most. $100 a year for my fishing license and various charges for abalone and charters. $35 a year for a CA Adventure Pass for National Forest & BLM land use. $100 or so for my hunting license and tags. Wild pigs all year long. Bag Boy James has a scooter but I got Slick's Supersonic Surf Van. $800 a year in insurance. $5000 in fuel. $250 on maintenance. I help out at a couple of CSA's so I get my produce for free. I also forage for mushrooms. $50 a year in board maintenance. About $3000 in property taxes a year. It's easy to live frugal when you live off of the land.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @mikeya: Well I certain don't appear as a "wealthy guy" when I visit the clubs, and my living accommodations are nice but not extravagant. When I go in there I am generally wearing basketball shorts, jeans, or sweatpants. I don't even consider my "wealthy" or "rich". Just doing okay. Heck, I've only made it into the top income bracket one year during my life, and I don't think, even there you should consider yourself "wealthy" or "rich". In my books, you would $10 million net worth before it would be reasonable to think of yourself as rich. Below that, "upper middle class" (where I think I am) or, maybe, "lower upper class" at best. I think, the problem is that making decent money is so far from where J-Cube is I life right now that his bar for the definition of these terms is much lower than mine, and he assumes everyone else is like he is. Which, thankfully, few are.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    @dougster Thanks for clarifying what I said. It IS an expensive hobby relative to the average American. Lets say you had sex once per week with a stripper/hooker for the low price of $150 that we discussed. That's $600/month, $7200 per year. Given the median income is around 50k, we're talking about spending about 14 percent of the median gross income on hookers. Most people could not comfortably do that.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^lol..I didn't mean you personally, just any dude with a huge house, sports cars, shows off his fat wallet. An escorts wish. I don't think the price is going down for those guys. A girls gotta try. @Slick... I'm pretty frugal too, but I dine at the finest fish taco establishments
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    LMN: While a very small percentage of the population makes in the six figures or higher, an even smaller percentage of the population pays strippers for sex - which is quite an expensive hobby. Dugly: Exactly - selection bias. There are going to be tons of selection biases when you pose a question like that on a board like this. What, you weren't agreeing with him? Or you didn't understand what he was saying? a) Um? When did I say there was no price variance? Help me out here. Or are you just making up something because everything I said is airtight. b) That wasn't a typo. That was me not carrying enough to go look up what the exact figure was. Maybe that’s what you did? You didn't feel like going to look up the exact figure so you guessed your income was that low? c) I’m well aware the some places match charitable contributions. I've even gone as far as to suggest that a couple of companies start doing this. I’m also aware of the fact that someone making hundreds of thousands a year is not going to bother telling their company they gave $250 and nothing else. Sorry Dugly, does not mesh. Grasping at straws and the old nonsensical “you’re a janitor!” line. Lol, dugly on the ropes.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Lol. "Relatively expensive" or "quite expensive"? Grab those straws kids.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @J-Cube: First, you were mocking me above when I said that hooker rates were lower in Seattle compared to places like Miami or NYC. Like I had no factual basis for that. Second, $35k is the exact number you threw out in a previous post, here you change it to $38k. (It would actually be $35.7k if you didn't account for the typo as you claim what you were doing). Third, I still don't think you get? I made the contribution "through work" because you just submit your credit card number or say you want it to come out of your pay check and it makes the donation, and does the match for you. You don't need to do the extra step of sending them a copy of the receipt. Fourth: Well, why don't you read what I said instead of guessing? Is that hard. I did agree with LMN said about selection bias. And, check this out, I'm sure you've only worked for very small janitorial contracting companies, but most companies are so big that payroll is completely automated. It's not like someone you know is looking over your pay check and then is going to look at you funny in the hall if they think you didn't give enough. Some companies are so big they could be in a completely different building, or city, and have no idea who you are and not give a quarter of millionth of a fuck whether you gave what they think is an appropriate amount to charity or not. Stick to your fortes jestie, which, as far as I can tell are - not taking your anti-depressants like you are supposed to; spazzing out; cleaning toilets; shoes; Abercrombie and Fitch; art history.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    @J-Cube: "Lol. 'Relatively expensive' or 'quite expensive'? Grab those straws kids" You're the straw grasper, J-Cube. You are clearly wrong on like at least four points here, but can never admit when you are. But, I know, I know, "splitting". It all goes back to your early life. *** SLAM DUNKED THAT FAGGOT THE JESTIE-GIRL ***
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    What exactly is the debate here? Miami prices are going to be higher than Seattle prices and I have no doubt there are strippers here (in Miami) that will fuck for $150. I'm personally not interested in them, but they exist and it's a believable statement. Also re: mikeya02's point, I am upcharged practically everywhere I go. I learned that lesson fast and hard. I once slept with a bottle service girl who looked in my wallet and found my name, used social media to find my girlfriend at the time and threatened to tell my girlfriend unless I paid her rent.
  • LMN
    10 years ago
    What exactly is the debate here? Miami prices are going to be higher than Seattle prices and I have no doubt there are strippers here (in Miami) that will fuck for $150. I'm personally not interested in them, but they exist and it's a believable statement. Also re: mikeya02's point, I am upcharged practically everywhere I go. I learned that lesson fast and hard. I once slept with a bottle service girl who looked in my wallet and found my name, used social media to find my girlfriend at the time and threatened to tell my girlfriend unless I paid her rent.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    LMN: "What exactly is the debate here?" No idea. Normally I at least see what his point is, even though it is invariably very wrong. Today I don't even have an idea what he is spazzing out about. Seems he misread something and when called out on it, just wants to dig himself in deeper rather than admit he misread something. *shrug*
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    lol, no debate just pointing out how full of shit you both are. Dugly's response to that is usually to pull out a lot of nonsense and try to turn things around on me. Unless it gets desperate then out come the genius "fag" and "you're a janitor" remarks. At some point he announces he's "won". Not on par with you or LNM's stuff, but still good.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "I'll have to check Quicken but pretty sure cash withdrawals mostly spent on strippers are my largest expense." Hmm, sounds rather frivolous and low priority...
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    ^^^ still jealous because I make so much more than him. Maybe if you had gotten a degree in something a little more in challenging and in demand than "song lyric quoting" you might be a better place in life and not have to vent your jealousy of others in this thread, Stevie-boy.
  • san_jose_guy
    10 years ago
    There are lots of ways people can live well on very little. I'm impressed with Shadowcat, going to the black clubs with $5 dances and keeping the VIP sessions sensibly priced. I've got to get out to that area of the country. I would really enjoy such down to basics clubs, and the women who work in them. There is no way in world that I would ever disclose anything about my personal finances. I have big big plans, and I protect these. I am surprised that people are talking about their finances. But as far TUSCL members having incomes way out of line with the general population statistics, that is possible. I know that on the San Francisco Redbook, on the AAMP discussion forum, there were lots and lots of people with huge disposable incomes. The "hobby" can be very expensive. For me it was not with like this because I was frugal and employed moderation. Each session was a major learning experience. But for many on the Redbook, they got a steady unrestrained diet and could spend $50,000 per year on just sessions, on top of a fairly lavish post tax lifestyle. With some other people they talked about plans of spending money on women that went way beyond that. SJG
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "I'm impressed with Shadowcat, going to the black clubs with $5 dances" Yep, that Shadowcat's a cagey one ;)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion