tuscl

Dives: The Good and The Bad

trixxi
former stripper is now an internet slut
Saturday, June 7, 2014 9:45 PM
The Good: Dive bars can be incredibly profitable clubs for dancers. Dive bars can also be a great place for customers to find unusually high mileage dances at a reasonable price. Even though most expect dive bars to have less attractive dancers, that is not always the case. Sometimes dancers from upscale clubs come into dives for a change of scene for example, the dancers enjoy working a club with very low house fees. Dancers also enjoy the freedom from working with restrictive rules that are common at upscale clubs. For example, touching the dancers at the bar is common, and a typical lap dance is equally unsupervised. YMMV but expect more. The Bad: Dancers can range anywhere between streetwalkers and homeless women to the pretty girl next door just out of jail / recovery. Expect to hear foul language. These clubs are usually understaffed with dancers so sometimes its a long wait for the dancer you want. The interior upholstery of the lap dance chair has numerous semen samples. Be weary of hole in the wall dive bar managers / owners who consider their bar high class, do some investigative research and see what you think.

27 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Foul language in a strip club? Really? :)
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    I love dives. BYOB, cheaper dances and like you said, the dances tend to be high mileage. Sure, there are some bad things....but the good outweighs the bad for me
  • chessmaster
    10 years ago
    For the most part I hate them.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    I've had some good times in divey clubs. Both in L.A. and Las Vegas. But not here in Seattle. The dives here are to be avoided!
  • bang69
    10 years ago
    I've gotn some great LD's at dive clubs
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    I've found a few gems in dives. Beware, though. You might also find a Jim.
  • kingcripple
    10 years ago
    From my experience, dives are usually the nude clubs and you rarely will find a good looking girl, your mileage will not vary because these girls as stated by OP, are streetwalkers, homeless or recently out of jail/recovery and therefore, youll get a handy or better. All these are on the negative side to me. The only thing i can think of that is a plus, is the cheaper dances. nude clubs (or dives as they are referred to here) are usually $10 for a dance non private, which i will admit, is a good deal
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    I used to really love dives, the nastier the better. The booze is cheap, the women are too and everything tends to be more laid back. As I've gotten older, though, I've lost interest in those places. The cons simply outweigh the pros for me. I'd rather have a decent night in a mid-tier club with strong talent, but no ITC happy ending, than have to sit in a shithole just so that I can get a BJ from some Dominican girl who can't speak English and is a 6 at best.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    I like the comment about the worst thing being a manager or owner that *thinks* their dive is high class. I'm into nude clubs. I'd rather see a 7 or 8 showing off her pussy and ass than a 9 or 10 just parading around with her tits out. Of course, a place like Mons Venus where that you can get full nude eye candy and good lappers (though I know that Mons is too mellow for some pervos). I seldom drink (and never more than one drink) so nude juice bars are cool with me. And looks aren't everything. I've had really fun dances from unique girls. One of my faves many moneys ago (around 2005) was into building her own PCs for gaming. She was fun to talk to. Alas, she had fake tits, which I don't dig. When I first met her I'd sit and chat a bit and give a $5 for her time 'til she saw somebody who wanted to dance. As I enjoyed the conversations I became a bit attracted and I actually started getting dances. Would have been more attractive with natural AA's rather than fake C's...
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    "and you rarely will find a good looking girl," Really, it's been THAT bad in your experience? That's interesting. I definitely agree that dives normally have less attractive dancers.....but "rarely find a good looking girl"...as you said seems to be a bit of an exaggeration, no?
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    Dives can be fun but best avoided in really questionable areas. Most of the dives I occasionally visit are in very sketchy parts of town and they don't deliver the mileage of the more upscale nude clubs so I don't bother with them usually.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I tend to hit the dives b/c there are less rules and no one really cares what you are doing. But a downside of less rules is that dancers can sometimes be allowed to act any ole way they want and give crappy customer service. More upscale places at least “try” to provide some level of customer service and consistency whereas dives can be all over the place.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    @Papi- I agree with the downside of less rules. It seems like at the dives I've been to, most of the girls seem to have their own rules, so there is no consistency from dancer to dancer. I think in general, there are 4 types of dancers in dive clubs: 1) Newbies starting out 2) Overweight dancers 3) Dancers who probably were hot a long time ago, but now they're 40 and still dancing and the upscale place down the road won't touch them 4) Psycho dancers Of course, it is quite possible that formerly hot dancer is fat.
  • RickyBoyDugan
    10 years ago
    "I used to really love dives, the nastier the better." That was back when I was inventing The System and before I published it on TUSCL. I was so insecure back then I though you had to not only wear a suit, but be the only one wearing a suit, and not only that but be the only one wearing a suit in a dive club. When people started mocking my System on TUSCL I thought maybe I had just been an idiot all along and could "just ask" even in non-dive clubs. Now I'll never admit openly what a shit for brains I was back then, and still really am, but that's okay, because it all gets bumped periodically anyway for all to see.
  • AnonymousJim
    10 years ago
    @Clubber: Stop seeking me out at clubs! My experience is that dives are just more hit-and-miss. You're more likely to be assured you'll find a 8-10 girl at a place that isn't a dive. Most dives just don't have as many dancers, or standards, so the odds aren't as good. On the flip side, there's generally more opportunity at dives. You just need to find the right girl. My favorite "dive girl" has small, floppy tits and won't even show her stomach as the result of C-section scars. But she's short, has great legs, is great on stage, has long, blond hair, her face reminds me of Hayden Panetierre and her menu in the back is wide open. Sunny disposition, too. Big fan.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    I don't drink and I prefer nude clubs so I have taken dives (topless clubs) pretty much off of my clubbing list. Here in LA you get much more mileage at non-alcohol nude clubs as opposed to booze inspired topless joints, so for a mileage hound like myself it is nude or nuthin.
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    I go to a dive to see a fave I met last year. I get awesome experience from her, wish I could see her more often.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I only go to dives for the black girls.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    The one thing that I have found to be a universal in dive clubs is the grub. Most seem to have really good food.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    There's room for both in my diet. Booze isn't an issue here, as nude clubs serve the same as topless ones. Its really just a mood thing for me.
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    And yeah trixi mentioned about dancers from AAA going to dives. I know one or two dancers who swing both clubs.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    sclvr brought up a good point about many dives - great bar food. As shadowcat can attest, The Wild Goose was a divey neighborhood topless joint that had some of the best (and cheapest) food in the greater airport area. It was dirty, nasty, rundown and smelled like feet. But the food was fabulous. Damn I miss that place.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    Food, lol. Talk about a case where experiences will differ. Many of the dives that I have frequented do not sell food at all. In the ones that do, you are taking your life in your own hands by eating anything that comes out of their so-called kitchens.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    lopaw got it right about the Wild Goose. I loved the prime rib buffets.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    lopaw, A little toe jam for some toast, perhaps? :)
  • 4oureyes
    10 years ago
    The Goose also had the best on-tap beer selection I've every seen at a strip club, and pretty close to the best I've ever seen anywhere. I don't go to strip clubs for alcohol, and in general would prefer to *not* drink. But still...
  • kingcripple
    10 years ago
    Viking- "I definitely agree that dives normally have less attractive dancers.....but "rarely find a good looking girl"...as you said seems to be a bit of an exaggeration, no?" Guess it depends on your preference
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion