tuscl

Confession Of An Old Geezer

The recent flurry of activity by LMN has me flummoxed. His threads and comments are interesting to read but my knowledge is non-existent of the drug subculture he describes. In my own life I recognize some of the addictions and self-destructiveness that he describes in his own life, mine being completely different from his, of course. I have some experience with private equity, hedge funds, and big money and my experience is the complete antithesis of what he describes.

Is he the real deal? Is he an accomplished fantasist? I really can't tell so I will absent myself from making any further comments about the shenanigans of LMN, (and of the parodies by LNM - I fell for one of his efforts).

22 comments

• shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Art - I am ignoring his posts. I think that he is just another full of shit troll.
  • joker44
    10 years ago
    "Is he the real deal? Is he an accomplished fantasist?" -Art

Like Art I wondered. Though I wouldn't call his work 'accomplished'

Ain't anywhere near Vince Gilligan, et al's Breaking Bad scripts or any of the other anti-hero series:

http://corybradford91.hubpages.com/hub/8…

After scanning a few posts I thought the poster's character and story were an over the top parody, a boringly repetitive, unrealistically exaggerated, low quality fantasy akin to those adult bookstore fuck book collections of short 'stories'. Not even worthy of a Kindle ebook.

If such revelations were made in a real recovery group, other recovering users would immediately call bullshit for telling 'war stories' = bragging about past using and experiences to re-live the 'high' along with self-indulgent 'pity partying' over negative consequences and self-loathing, both to aid in denial of loss of control and the real consequences of one's behavior on self AND OTHERS -- in other words both help to avoid real, motivated involvement in one's own recovery.

In this way the addict treats a recovery program like those automatic car washes that pull the car through, cleaning the outside but leaving the inside unchanged. Clean but not sober and still full of arrogant 'stinking thinking'. Anonymous posting here avoids any real effort toward change abetted by those who get suckered into the fantasy.

Like SC I now think mr. letters is a troll and have him on IGNORE.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Art-Forget about this maricon. He'd never ride in the Stampede. Is there any other proof you need?
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    LMN certainly has Juice's M.O. and if it is not Juice they are running with Juice Syndrome.I find nothing they post funny or entertaining.What gets me are the dubs that play into it,some of them being veterans.
  • goonster
    10 years ago
    He talks like an in-experienced 20 something that hasn't yet experienced the harsh reality of his addiction. Don't worry, it'll catch up to him in the worst of ways.

That's when he'll either get serious about recovery, or die from his addiction. Right now he's in the throes of it and will do what he's gonna do because his addiction addled brain isn't functioning like the rest of humanities brains do.

I hope his family does a serious intervention, but really he has to want to change or it will be for nought.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    ^^^Dub.
  • trixxi
    10 years ago
    Joker44 describes him to a perfect T
  • knight_errant
    10 years ago
    ^^ This.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    I don't think LMN is Juice. However, I do think he is full of it. I just think he's a new troll.

I think joker44 misses the point. LMN isn't purporting to be in recovery. So *of course* he is bragging. That characteristic is not out of character. On the other hand, I'm shocked joker commented on this -- I thought joker ignored everbody.

I think the dude behind LMN has created a mighty entertaining character. He actually has me wondering if there is some truth to his antics. No...I don't believe he is the "Wolf of Wall Street" on (metaphorical) steroids. But I have wondered if LMN might not be a funhouse mirror version of himself.

I am rather curious whether he'll make excuses for not taking photos to document his antics. C'mon LMN dude, here's an open challenge for you...

Just pay a $1K or $2K to have some TWISTED FUN for yourself and convince your doubters. Chump change to you but surely it will be sufficient to convince at least one stripper to pose in a way that convince your doubters. Don't worry...we won't ask for anything that can identify you IRL.

I'm cool with anything you want as long as it isn't easy to fake, but I still dig my twinkie cream pie idea. Just write "LMN RULZ" on the girls stomach in Twinkie cream and have her insert a Twinkie in her snatch. Take the snapshot. Twisted fun for you and it will totally shut up your detractors. Totes McGotes!
  • Lone_Wolf
    10 years ago
    There was someone posting on TUSCL about a year ago that at first was posing as an inexperienced sc goer tech geek that had zero luck with ladies. Slowly, the posts morphed in to him being kind of a pimp that gave drugs and slapped dancers around. Same writing style.

I suspect LMN is this guy. I had no luck searching for the profile name.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    It would be easier to believe that Charlie Sheen is a member of this site, and he's posting as LMN, cause everyone knows that TUSCL is where a rich party boy with drug and self worth problems would post.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    LMN is a poorly portrayed caricature of a real person, as are several of the other troll screen names around here. I suspect that we have an aspiring screen writer on here. The problem is that the person(s) writing this crap do not have enough real world exposure, or the empathy necessary to put themselves in their shoes, needed to make these characters believable. So instead we get comic book versions of these types of characters.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    Say what you will about LMN, he spins an entertaining yarn. Yes, it's over the top. But look at how many people engage. There have been three reactions to LMN that I respect, personified by SC, art, and Mikey,, Shadowcat doesn't dig it and don't engage. art engaged and then said I don't get it, no more engaging. And mike's been joking with the dude, as have I.

He'll probably get old soon unless he fleshes out the LMN character. LMN dude, take your character in some unexpected directions. But steer clear of the too sociopathic unless you go so over the top it is clearly a joke. For example, a trip to Ukraine to take part in human trafficking would NOT be cool. A conversion to Islam along trip to Afganistan to become a mujahideen...that has possibilities.

Allahu Ackbar John Walker LMN...Allahu Ackbar Indeed!
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    I just wish LMN would write some reviews.
  • zipman68
    10 years ago
    @ranukam - but they'd be bullshit, unless he stepped out of character.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Imagine my excitement when I saw that Farmerart had written a post entitled "Confessions Of An Old Geezer."

What licentious exploits ans salacious details must await!

Now imagine my disappointment when I find out it's abour him being all "flummoxed" again. Sheesh!!
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^..I like Farmer, but he better hush up on D-Day.
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Rick Dugan -- wealthy businessman, horndog, literary critic, a true Renaissance Man.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    LMN is really BagBoyJames
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Like art, I am remaining agnostic regarding LMN. He's story seem a little unlikely, but so do others who I have come to believe are legit overtime.

I will say he has not said anything internally contradictory or factually incorrect yet that would give him away.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Hilarious when RickyBoy, who spent ten years figuring out how to pay hookers for sex, wrote The System, said you could never "just ask" talks, makes a pointing of targeting drug addicted strippers about others lack of empathy! Too funny! But I guess people with his "personality damage" fancy themselves to be all kinds of things they are not.

• motorhead
    10 years ago

"LMN is really BagBoyJames"

His $2 investment in Piggly Wiggly stock must have had an outstanding year!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion