tuscl

OT: Graduation 2014

So my youngest child graduates from college this weekend. Not only is it a proud moment, but hey - no more tuition bills, woo-hoo!

I shared the good news with my new day girl, and she was real excited, too. She gave me a big hug and said she was very happy for me. Nice girl.

13 comments

• ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    Congrats on being tuition free! It's a great feeling when your child gets a degree.

Now for the next test - any job offers in the mix yet?
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Nowadays it's hard to get a good paying job (by good paying I mean over 70,000 a year) with just a undergraduate degree.
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    More money to spend on your "day girl".
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    I got thru college with zero debt. And very little help from mom and dad. But that was a long time ago.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Moto-That's because you sold hash to everybody on campus. You had that spot sewn up for 4 years straight. Moto The Hash Man.

• jester214
    10 years ago
    Ranukam, when was it ever easy to get a job paying 70K, or 60K for that matter, with just a bachelors? Maybe a few engineers are going to make that right off the bat.

• zipman68
    10 years ago
    Congrats to your daughter (and you) steve-dude
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Slick. Shhhhh. I'm still running from the guys in trench coats
  • sinclair
    10 years ago
    It is not so much what kind a degree you have as it is hard work. Bill Gates was a college dropout. We had a guy at work with a PhD that was making 35k and got fired. He was good at reading books but had absolutely no people skills. I make more money with a bachelors than most of my friends who got master's and JD's. They thought more pieces of paper would help them...it only gave them more debt and liberal brainwashing. If I were 18 again, I would go to a trade school and skip the university education.
  • Corvus
    10 years ago
    Steve, tell us about this "day girl"
  • farmerart
    10 years ago
    So your youngest child has now graduated from college, steve.

He/she moved back home yet?
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    Steve - you may not have any more tuition but don't ever think that you are never going to be helping your kids out financially again. I'm still doing it and I know several others still doing it.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    A shockingly, imo, number of my peers have to borrow money from parents to make down payments on homes. Now I would also argue that many of these people are buying more house than they should but Shadow is absolutely right.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion