tuscl

OT;Play Ball!

Thursday, April 3, 2014 8:08 AM
Once again, Baseball season is back. I know for some of y'all, it might be a little early in the season to even care about Baseball. Not me. I got my tickets for the Dodgers home opener this Friday. Even with Clayton Kershaw on the DL, no worries. We win 'em down under and we win them in the States. It looks like a great season already. The Lamegels are losing already(as always). Derek Jeter is in his final season and on the road to the Hall of Fame. If you haven't had a chance to watch Derek Jeter play ball live then do yourself a favor and watch him play. He might not be the player he was when the Yankees where dominant but he's still one hell of a ballplayer.

25 comments

• Alucard
    10 years ago
    My Tigers are off to a good start at 2-0, with 2 walk off wins.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I'm a Cub fan so I don't get to watch professional baseball.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Slick, who are you going to the game with?
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    The Mariners swept their opening series vs. the Anaheim Angels of Disneyland (or whatever their full name is)! They scored eight runs in two of the games and ten in the other. A pretty good start I'd say. Let's see . . . the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. Maybe the M's are on their way to a World Championship. I need help on this one: I can't recall which city/cities did this. Wasn't there a city or two within the past five years where two of its teams (in different sports) won consecutive championships? Maybe Seattle will be next!
  • ime
    10 years ago
    Since 2000 Multiple championships in a season 2002 Greater Los Angeles Lakers NBA Angels MLB 2004 Boston, Massachusetts Patriots NFL Red Sox MLB Multiple championships in a calendar year 2002 Greater Los Angeles Lakers NBA Angels MLB 2004 Boston, Massachusetts Patriots NFL Red Sox MLB 2009 Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania Steelers NFL Penguins NHL
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    ^^^ I'm pretty proud of the Steelers and Pirates in 1979...alas that was the last hurrah for the Pirates. Barry "choke artist" Bonds fucked up in the 90-92 playoffs for us.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    Slick Puig is a fun young player to watch but let's hope he learns to be a little more "coachable". Lol
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @GoVikings-Two brother-in-laws, myself, three boys, one girl, and a grampa. I'd take my Pops but too many stairs to climb.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    @ ime: Thanks! They've been longer ago than I remembered.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    How soon that everybody forgets about the 87-88 Showtime Lakers and the 88 Lasorda/Herscheiser/Gibson Dodgers. 88, 8th grade, Gibson hits the greatest Homerun of ALL TIME, and life is great.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    With the help of Rain, the Tigers stay undefeated!
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Alucard-You're Tigers look very good. Barring injuries, they'll be in the hunt.
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    @Slic, As great as that was, the greatest HOMERUN of all time was by Bill Mazeroski of the Pirates against the Yankees in 1960. Seventh game of the World Series, bottom of the nineth, tie game, then Boom! Pirates win!
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Both great homeruns for the teams that won their perspective series. Two biased TUSCLERS. Gibson was injured and that was his only at bat in the series. Bill had Bob in the line up to cause damage. Damn, that was a great Pirates team. I love any team that beats the Yankees. Except the Giants.
  • PredragDr
    10 years ago
    What's the over/under on shootings in the Dodger Stadium lot? Nats all the way in '14
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    @Pre-Depends if I bring my over/under Benelli with me.
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    Best baseball game of all time, October 26, 1997, Joe Robbie Stadium in Miami. I have my reasons.
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    Gotta get down to Atlanta and see a few games, only so many more at Turner.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Miggy has a BIG day and the Tigers romp to a 3 - 0 record.
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    I'm also a Cubs fan. Any team can have a bad century, or two.
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Slick,Jeter used to be so good he was boring.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    PredragDr: Unfortunately, there will be no beer sold at Washington Nationals Park this year. Why? Because they lost the opener.
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    Tigers seek to remain undefeated later today.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Nationals screwed up when they let Teddy win
  • Alucard
    10 years ago
    My Tigers hung on by the skin of their teeth to remain unbeaten at 4-0.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion