tuscl

Dancer Reasons For Not Going on Stage

Club_Goer_Seattle
Seattle, Washington
Sunday, March 30, 2014 11:02 AM
Shadowcat's recent thread, "Dancer reasons for not doing FS," made me think of this occurrence: I was in my local club this week, when a fave from a few years ago suddenly returned to dancing after a three-year absence. When I told her that I was looking forward to seeing her on stage, she explained that she's not going on stage this time around. She has another job now, and is fearful of someone from that job coming into the club and seeing her on stage. She feels she can "hide," or at least be less conspicuous, by staying off stage. I thought there might be some merit to that explanation if she worked Friday and Saturday nights, but this was Wednesday afternoon, when there are only a handful of customers and dancers in the club then. She'd be easy to spot even when she wasn't on stage. A couple of years ago, another dancer I knew, briefly, did the same thing. Her excuse was that she was the recipient of a full athletic scholarship at a local college; she felt that being spotted on stage would jeopardize her scholarship. (This girl is a 6'0" tall basketball player. Pretty easy to spot her anywhere in the club, at any time. However, she did work nights.) Maybe they both thought if they saw someone they needed to avoid, they could quickly escape to the dressing room as opposed to being stuck on stage, with nowhere to hide. Any other lame excuses out there?

18 comments

• georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I don't know how "lame" it is, but I've heard a lot of girls complaining that they lose money when they're on the stage, at least when the place has customers. I know one girl who was probably telling the truth; she regularly had lap dances and VIP customers waiting on *her*.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I know a couple that do not go on stage. The pay the DJ/club extra not to. Their reasoning is believable. There is no real money to made dancing on stage. It is just a way to advertise their wares to the customers and they don't need to advertise because they make enough without it.
  • londonguy
    10 years ago
    CG, it's not an unfamiliar tale. I heard the same things even during my brief visits and Shadowcat nails it perfectly. I've even met some girls that don't do $20 lap dances, saying they only do VIP visits. That really pissed me off.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Some dancers are convinced that they don't need to go on stage to sell dances. Others know that they can market themselves by going on stage. The above comments are the usual reasons for dancers not going on stage. I'm asking are there any unusual reasons.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    I know one that had a cast on her leg but could still do lap dances.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    "cast on her leg" Guess that qualifies as a "lame" excuse
  • gawker
    10 years ago
    My ATF says she knows several who only come in for VIP with regular married men who don't want to be seen publicly with a young chick. The club goes along because it's all profit renting a 10 x 12 room at $200 per hour.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    I get a lot of the I don't have to & don't like to, so I don't. The usual justification for not having to is the lack of a need to advertise. I've also seen a good bit of the trying to keep a low profile excuse. A couple have said they aren't comfortable getting totally naked, and the rules are if you're on stage you get naked. I've seen a fair bit of girls not doing "regular" lap dances. It seems to be common at Tootsies. They'll only do rooms, or they'll only do 4-$150 dances or something. I agree, that shit annoys me a bit too. The good thing is, at Tootsies there's usually someone else to talk to 10 seconds later. I've met one dancer who exclusively went on stage, no private dances. She wasn't comfortable being touched, which is standard around here. She was fucking hot and after midnight each round on stage is good for $100-$150 bucks or more. She'd do her rotation and cover for her "friends" if they were mid sale or mid dance. She'd work 11-5 and do 6-10 rounds on stage and come home making "enough to keep her from wanting to do dances."
  • ButterMan
    10 years ago
    Most girls I know don't like to go on stage but I have never known any that didn't have to go anyway!
  • 10inches
    10 years ago
    known a few that did not go onstage. made all of their money giving bj's in the VIP. one of my favorites in ATL was big busted brunette at Oasis. she never did stage or VIP because she always had men begging for lap dances. at $10 a pop she made over a $1000 per night.
  • shadowcat
    10 years ago
    10- I think your $1000/night girl was nuts. At 3 1/3 minutes per dance she would have to work 5.5 hours. Doing 10 BJs at $100 a piece, that only took 15 minutes or lass, She would have to work no more than 1.5 hours.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Most common excuse I hear is that it isn't worth it. Instead of being onstage they could be selling lapdances. Makes sense to me. Some clubs that I go to will let a dancer skip the stage sets if she antes up some additional $$$ to the house.
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Haven't some of these dancers heard of making it rain? They could be the lucky one lol. Oh well, their loss.
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    If some dancers got creative, I believe some guys would tip a dollar or two to keep them off the stage. I'm thinking of some really fat strippers.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Besides what GMD, Shadow, and Lopaw said, I know a gal who just doesn't like to dance on stage. She makes enough money to pay the club.
  • naturals74
    10 years ago
    Had a SF club dancer tell me last week when asked when she was up "... I come here to s..k and f..k, not dance. She never took the stage during the entire rotation.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    When I first met my ATF she did one of the best stage shows in the club. Very athletic on the pole. As she got established, she's really toned it down because she has her regulars and doesn't feel the need to beat herself up. In fact, she likes to time her dances to avoid her spot in the rotation which is too bad, because I still love watching her on stage.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    1) I’ve noticed some older dancers that did not take the stage – I got the feeling they may feel a bit self-conscious about it. 2) Also noticed some dancers post baby birth or that have been away from dancing for a while and may not be in the best shape; not have the confidence to be on stage and the whole club looking at her. 3) Also have noticed some super-hot dancers that only go for the big-money/whales; not go on stage. But the first 2 reasons are the ones I more often see.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion