tuscl

Strip club manager is a dick...

Saturday, March 22, 2014 9:08 PM
So I'm on the search for a new club, one that allows a lot of flexibility in my schedule. I called Rio Gentlemen club and asked to speak to a manager to ask some questions. I was transferred to "Eddie" and I gave him my stage name, told him I was a dancer interested in working for his club and I asked what the scheduling for the dancers looks like. He interupts me and rudely goes "No no no. First I need to ask you some questions. Have you ever danced here before ?" And I said no, which I had made clear before when I introduced myself. He proceeds to act like a complete jerk off ,answered my question and I said thank you. And he laughs this rude way and goes "OOOOOOOKAY. Anything else?" All in a condescending and rude tone. I just hung up. What the hell did I do? Why is this guy such a dick? I had one simple question.

23 comments

• ime
    10 years ago
    strip club managers are known for their lack of any business, or managerial ssense. Sounds par for the course.
  • Dancinggal
    10 years ago
    He's the only one that was flat out that rude. I must've called 15 clubs?
  • mmdv26
    10 years ago
    Many strip club front-end personnel (I'm reluctant to include the term management) are rejects from the local "E-Z Credit" used car lot. They typically have low self-worth, they have never interacted well with women (including their mother) and most guys avoid befriending them because they are "a little weird". They tend to be overweight and have under average IQ. THEY are the "pathetic losers" in the SC. So, if you have the looks and can make enough money for yourself in the club, try to ignore this condescending and likely small-dicked asshole. As I said in the other post, a good ass-rapin might be just the thing if you can find a gay guy who will even agree to ass fuck such front-end swill.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    DG, Rather than calling several clubs, it might be better to go in person. I've heard from many dancers over the years that the first thing a club wants is to SEE a prospective dancer. Then they'll entertain questions. I suggest you choose one or more areas where there are several clubs close by, and plan an afternoon of going around to them. Be dressed for an interview in tasteful clothes that show your figure, as well as a costume for your audition.
  • lopaw
    10 years ago
    Dancinggal - I don't think that you'd like the Rio very much anyways - very ghetto with very cheap blue collar day labor guys. Nothing against them specifically, but that is the kind of customers that the Rio attracts, and I just don't see you as the type of dancer that would enjoy that environment if you didn't have to. Believe it or not, in terms of clientele it would be a step down from your last club!
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    What a loser! This "manager" has no management skills.
  • motorhead
    10 years ago
    "So I'm on the search for a new club, one that allows a lot of flexibility in my schedule" I thought y'all wanted to be "employees" now, not "independent contractors" Hmmm...
  • tumblingdice
    10 years ago
    Why cry?
  • DandyDan
    10 years ago
    @mmdv- I don't know for sure if you were totally serious about your comment of strip club management being failed used car salesmen, but I know for a fact the club owner of my favorite club fits your description of the typical strip club manager to a tee. And the scary thing is, I know his brother, too (brother's the bouncer), and compared to his brother, he's the smart one. @Dancinggal- The other possibility as far as looking for a new club is if they have an amateur contest, enter it. The one club in my area which has an amateur contest pretty much only hires dancers who dance in the amateur contest. I know from what the one dancer said that you don't need to enter the amateur contest at that club, but that's probably a hell of a lot easier than a regular audition. And no, you don't have to win it to get hired. Of course, I have no idea if any amateur contests exist in your area.
  • ATACdawg
    10 years ago
    I agree with Club-Goer. Physically going to other clubs will allow you to check our the dressing rooms, the customers and the general vibe of the club. If I was going to do this (and of course, I haven't!) I would go as a custie or with a male friend and plan to stay for 3 hours or so; this will allow enough time to check out two shifts. Talk to the girls to see what they think about working there. If you're OK with everything you hear, then seek out the club manager. I do recognize that this approach may not be possible for you right now since the bridges to your old place have been well and truly burned (and rightfully so!) and you need to get income quickly. For the future, it might be worth checking out other clubs once a month so you can have exit plans in place.
  • trixxi
    10 years ago
    Also, strip club managers are not consistent. One day they see you bring in $$ to club and they love you, the very next day they could be two faced and ask you to leave and never come back, without explanation or reason. I have danced in over 12 clubs and this holds true for every strip club manager I have yet to meet. Dont expect much from most strip club paid staff / employees; they NEVER have the dancer's best interests in mind and typically only see the club as a bar with the bar sale's and customer's wants 1st and foremost.
  • Dolfan
    10 years ago
    I'll come to the defense of the manager here a bit. There's a generally accepted format to even informal interviewing. The hiring manager asks the prospective employee questions, provides some pertinent info about the job, then the interviewee gets a chance to ask questions. There's some flexibility there, but the constant is that the hiring manager leads the conversation. It can easily be taken as disrespectful when the interviewee calls in and starts trying to dictate terms immediately. I can see how the manager may have returned that disrespect. There are some fields where you can get away with it, but with all do respect I really don't think stripping is one of them. I know its a pain in the ass, but I think you're likely to restrict your options if you try to change the dynamic too much. Like others have mentioned, I'd recommend in-person visits. You can take the opportunity to observe the club a bit and decide if you'd be interested in working there. If you bring a male friend, I'm sure he can get some info from the dancers about working conditions. If you choose to apply, I suspect you'll have much greater success if the manager can put a face (and in this case tits and ass) with your voice. Even if they have a formal online/form based application system, an in person visit should help your chances. And don't get me wrong, I realize strip club managers in general are fucking idiots & assholes. I mean, one of the most common career path goes from bouncer/floor manager/general manager. The number of people with the attributes that can make a good bouncer & good GM is small. Its the classic case of the Peter Principle. Its hard to blame them for being assholes sometimes though, dealing with strippers/bartenders/waitresses all day can make a bitch mighty irritable.
  • sclvr5005
    10 years ago
    I have found that the managers of the corporate clubs like Rhino & DejaVu have a somewhat better handle on consistant business practices compared to the small "mom & pop" joints. Some small independent clubs seem to hire their unemployed relatives that would not be able to get a job elsewhere.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    I concur with CG. From my experience, across the board, management sucks.
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    If you are going to have some downtime you might want to travel up and try some clubs in Portland, assuming you are not a single mom.
  • duomaxwell
    10 years ago
    When you're looking around for clubs to work at you should always go in person. Management is always a lot nicer to deal with face-to-face.
  • Dancinggal
    10 years ago
    I see what some of you guys are saying about going in and asking. But I figured id be saving both of us some time by asking that question because I don't need to know anything else if the scheduling is a deal breaker for me. As for cflock, if you don't like hearing from a dancer on here, there's an ignore button :) in case you didn't know.
  • Dancinggal
    10 years ago
    Motörhead, not every dancer is the same. I want to be an independent contractor. That's the entire reason I do this job. I go to school full time and work another job.
  • rockstar666
    10 years ago
    I have never met a single dancer who liked management, and never met a single manager/owner that wasn't a complete idiot. If Dancinggal can find a club where the logistics work for her, then that's about the best she can hope for.
  • alabegonz
    10 years ago
    Sounds like a day shift, and you said you are busy on days. OK, move on then, hope you find nights real soon.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    “… When you're looking around for clubs to work at you should always go in person. Management is always a lot nicer to deal with face-to-face …” If you look like Duo – I can see where that would be advantageous.
  • duomaxwell
    10 years ago
    ^ Oh, YOU!
  • ilbbaicnl
    10 years ago
    Fits with what lopaw was saying, sounds like one of those clubs where the girls are addicts and do extras for under $100. The manager was indirectly telling you exactly what you needed to know -- if you have any self-respect, this is not the right club for you. But, on the other hand...a former fav worked at a club like this, even though she personally was very anti-extras. She said she and one other dancer were the only attractive ones in the club. It was on I-95, so it got a fair number of guys who weren't local and didn't know it was more a brothel than a strip club. She'd get those guys, and she'd warm up the other guys for their BJ from one of the junkies.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion