True Detective (HBO)
The Americans (FX)
Helix (Syfy)

Looking forward to the return of another fav show, Hannibal (NBC) next week,

Plus, the new WWE network is awesome!

52 comments

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    I've been catching up on Helix. Pretty decent show.

But the Walking Dead is my must see show of the week.
  • steve229
    11 years ago
    Motor - I watched a few Walking Dead episodes, but couldn't really get into it. I did like the Governor, lol.

I was a big "Breaking Bad" fan, but my ATF show is "24" - can't wait for it to come back this year - Jack Bauer! Chloe! Yay!!
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    Only SOA and The Americans as regulars. I watch at times, Pawn Stars, Practical Jokers, and Counting Cars.
  • londonguy
    11 years ago
    I only watch about two hours tv a week if you exclude football, I mean soccer. Watch the news a fair bit but not on the keft-wing BBC if I can help it.
  • mmdv26
    11 years ago
    I watch Big Bang Theory just to gaze at Kaley Cuoco's amazing body. Plus what about the tits on that short little girl who plays the Jewish guy's girlfriend? Her BMI (LOL) must be 40% breast tissue.

Otherwise, Storage Wars and Duck Dynasty are my primary sources of entertainment...
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I only watch sports (basketball and football mainly). My favorite shows are First Take on ESPN and Inside The NBA on TNT.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    What is TV?
  • steve229
    11 years ago
    Art - I believe Canadians refer to it as the moving picture box , lol
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Steve,

I didn't watch The Walking Dead for the first season and a half, but then I started watching it and went back and watched it from the beginning. I discovered there's more to it than just the zombies.

AMC has made some amazing shows. Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, and the Killing. Haven't watched much of Mad Men, but it looks good.

I guess I'm old school - but I can't understand why the 4 major networks can't produce good shows anymore. Except for LOST and 24, there just hasn't been much to be proud of over the past 10 years.

--

ranukam,

I like Pardon the Interruption on ESPN. Michael Wilbon is great and Kornheiser is tolerable, and they play off each other really well. I have to be pretty bored to watch Around the Horn. For some reason, that show doesn't work for me.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Modern Family
    True Detective
    Archer
  • steve229
    11 years ago
    During the football season I get the NFL Sunday Ticket. It's a great deal, you can watch any games you want in hiDef, works out to be under $20 a week.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    steve,

When the NFL package first started, I got it. Lasted one year. I found myself watching a lot of games, but couldn't tell which was which. Overloaded my brain, I assume. :)
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I like skimming through the news shows, checking out various newscasters and weather girls. I love weather girls.

Besides that, I watch an eclectic collection of travel/eating/drinking/smoking shows-

Brew Dogs
    Strain Hunters
    Vice Guide
    DDD
    Meateater
    And anything with Andrew Zimmer or Anthony Bourdain

Plus Boxing, MMA, and the Dodgers with Vin Scully anouncing the play by play.
  • sinclair
    11 years ago
    Game of Thrones
    Black Sails
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Sinclair-Great choices.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I canceled my only TV service because I only watched one program last year. Instead I watch a lot of movies on Netflix and get the news, etc from the internet.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I often fall asleep on my sofa in the evening watching tv. I like science fiction shows with action. I also like some shows on TLC and national geographic channels. When there is absolutely nothing on, I sometimes flip on the playboy channel to see if anything looks interesting there. I lost interest in Helix. I do not watch wrestling hardly ever so I think having that on the sci if channel is a bit of a mismatch but I also thought dropping Stargate Atlantis was a mistake. Not having an exclusion for a successful tv series to last past 10 years, was an even bigger mistake. I see better reruns at 5 am after waking up on my sofa on other channels than I see in prime time. I do watch the new sci if shows on Monday nights and the marvel tv show on Tuesday.

I also watched prospectors on the weather channel and some outdoor survival race show in Alaska. Last Sunday I saw a few episodes of Wildside builders. first time I saw the show. They typically come on when I watch something else. They build log cabins in a week sometimes from wood and material on your property if you have the resources. One week is fast. It was interesting. Logcabin builders was the company name I believe.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I watched 1000 ways to die at a relatives house to entertain myself a couple of times. When one of my sisters came over, she saw them talking about a stripper and saw girls in bikinis and said turn that crap off. Fortunately, I rarely see her and have to put up with that. I was being nice for the few hours I was visiting with her since it might be years before I ever visit that long with her again, of I ever visit that long again with her.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Some show about home builders and renovating homes and or flipping them seemed to be a happy medium when some of my sisters come to visit. Otherwise I never watch the show.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I have found more strippers who watch some of the same shows as me rather than my female relatives.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    ACC basketball and some football too.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    True Detective
    Shameless
    Travel shows with guys like Bourdain
    How it works - love that show it adds to my bank of useless knowledge
    Shows about Alaska I'm obsessed with going there and building a cabin
  • steve229
    11 years ago
    @Sinclair

Game of Thrones is a no-brainer (Red Wedding? OMG!) when it returns. I saw a free preview of the first episode of Black Sails and it looked good, but I only get HBO.

I might watch it when it comes out on Netflix. I watched the last couple seasons of Dexter that way, and also "Magic City" - a good "mob" show about late 1950's Miami.
  • rattdog
    11 years ago
    -law and order svu
    -shark tank
    -person of interest
    -suits
    -white collar
    -any Andrew zimmern show-
    -lifetime network movies
    -big bang theory
    -2 1/2 men -I think it's till funny and I love looking at amber tamlyn-david cross is one lucky mother fucker to be married to her.
  • ididthisonce
    11 years ago
    Farmer - "what is TV?"

It used to be the "boob tube" before selfies.

LOL
  • sinclair
    11 years ago
    steve229, you can watch Black Sails for free online. There are websites streaming the episodes. Just make sure you have a pop-up blocker. It has about one or two sex scenes every episode.
  • snowtime
    11 years ago
    Pawn Stars
    Golf (if Phil Michelson is playing)
    NFL night games
    WWE (if bored)
    American Pickers (a little)
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    Jeopardy, except for the kids/college/teachers tournaments, I watch religiously.

Game of Thrones and True Detective on HBO
    Justified

I did finally break down and watch some House of Cards, not crazy about it

Everything else I DVR and watch it when time allows

Big Bang Theory, Modern Family, Archer, Parks and Rec, South Park

I watched The Americans last year, don't know if I'll watch this season or not.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I don't care for most reality TV. But I do like Pawn Stars. Something about that show got me hooked.
  • jester214
    11 years ago
    I used to watch a lot of Pawn Stars and even made a couple trips to the shop itself but my interest faded and everything I have read says they all seldom show up at the shop.
  • Essdub
    11 years ago
    I watch a few sports, mostly college basketball and MMA, a few reality shows like Counting Cars, Gold Rush and Wicked Tuna. I also like Big Bang Theory, Parks and Recreation, and my favorite is Workaholics. Workaholics is pretty polarizing though, there isn't a lot of middle ground between thinking it's hilarious or completely ridiculous.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I do my best to visit Gramma once a week. I watch Spanish TV with Nona.
  • steve229
    11 years ago
    @SlickIc - Telenovelas?
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Yup. And Republica Deportiva, Sabado Gigante(the place for hot chicks pre-Internet). Mun2 has the good bilingual action.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    I'm afraid that I have turned into a bit of a BBC wank. Waking the Dead, DCI Banks, Death in Paradise and MI-5 are all on my DVR list. Domestic shows include How I Met Your Mother, NCIS and NCIS LA.
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    I watch
    The Blacklist
    Marvels Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
    Archer
    Parks and Recreation
    Brooklyn Nine Nine
    plus I'll watch most sports
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I forgot, I enjoy the LBC at times.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Shark Tank, The Profit
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Electric Company
    New Zoo Review
    HR Puff N Stuff
    Reading Rainbow
    Sigmund The Sea Monster
    Groovy Ghoulies
  • magicrat
    11 years ago
    Slic...major +1 on Vin Scully! I'm from North Carolina but have always been a Dodger fan.
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Past season of Game of Thrones was a mixed bag - some great battle scenes, offset by the lack of naked Khalesi

24 has been good, but only 12 episodes, damnit!

True Blood seems to have gone off the rails, it's the final season and apparently they plan to kill off all the characters by the end
  • steve229
    10 years ago
    Football cannot get here soon enough!
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I mainly watch the news and now the science channel. Everything else is just background noise I fall asleep on or hear while surfing the net.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    I don't always watch much TV, but when it I prefer:

Frontline
    Nova
    Estudio 2 (Mexican TV show in LA with some insanely hot chicks dancing in TINY fucking bikinis and platform stiletto heels while some fucking stupid Banda musicians are playing accordians and trombones and wearing cowboy hats and boots and thinking they're cool, which I REALLY don't fucking understand)
    Free movies from XBMC (sweet...)

Other than that, not much
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    "...and the Dodgers with Vin Scully anouncing the play by play"

Absolutely. I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I'll watch the Dodgers with Vin Scully only because Vin Scully is the best damn announcer that has ever been born in the entire universe. I can listen to that guy for hours.
  • SlickSpic
    10 years ago
    Electric Company
    New Zoo Review
    HR Puff N Stuff
    Reading Rainbow
    Sigmund The Sea Monster
    Groovy Ghoulies

And Scooby Doo.
  • jerikson40
    10 years ago
    "...Sabado Gigante(the place for hot chicks pre-Internet)."

Yeah, kinda. One of the hottest chicks on the planet is a blonde who was a "model" or whatever on Sabado Gigante maybe 5 or so years ago. Can't remember her name dammit. Hell, maybe she's still there.

Anyway, there are definitely some hot chicks on that show, but you have to sit thru HOURS of inane BS of guys wearing silly hats and just stupid shit that is much worse when you don't know WTF anyone is saying.

I'm sure Don Francisco is adored all over Mexico, so I won't knock him, but geez, it's like 4 hours of silliness and game shows and hand clapping and talent shows. Has to be the longest TV show ever. Do people actually sit thru all of that? Although Mexican TV has never been known for having much more than silliness. Not gonna find any Mexican science shows... :)
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    SlickSpic Scooby Doo.

Could be a song title!
  • georgmicrodong
    10 years ago
    I don't watchuch in the way of broadcast TV anymore; Netflix is my choice for shows now:

Mythbusters
    Breaking Bad
    Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    X Files
    Deadliest Warrior

Somebody told me Band of Brothers was on Netflix, but I haven't seen it yet.
  • sharkhunter
    9 years ago
    I think I left out Ninja Warrior. If they wanted to get kids and people to work out, schools and playgrounds could set up mini courses to start training to see how far they could go.
    One of mine not too bright sister in laws heard ninja and said her kids would never be allowed to watch such a show. I was thinking it's about doing athletic obstacles. It has no violence. Ignorance abounds.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    Walking Dead. I can't stand watching zombie movies but this one is more about the people instead of a non-stop onslaught of undead so maybe that's why I like it. Zombie movies creep me out. I do not like horror.

I seriously hate reality tv but I do watch Pawn Stars and American Pickers. They always joke around and have fun. Not mean and pointless like other reality shows.

Football - pro and college

I love sci-fi but most new shows get boring and I just stop.
    Helix - watched when it came on but it seemed to go off the rails really quick so that got deleted from the dvr.
    12 Monkeys - got deleted after about 6 shows.
    Haven - watched for a while but got bored
    Defiance - was getting bored with this last year
    The Last Ship - still has me watching
    Falling Skies - can't wait for the last season

Love me some Stargate in all forms. SG1, Atlantis, Universe

Game of Thrones - dvr it but I'm so lost with that show I may stop watching.

I can't think of any network shows I watch besides Wipeout because the kids love that and we watch it together.
    Basically, anything mrs sea hates is what I like...lol.

Mostly I watch stuff on our Android MX box so I can watch movies or full tv series.

Oh, me and mrs sea love Castle so there's a network show.
  • seaboardrr
    9 years ago
    It drives mrs sea crazy when I watch sports. I still haven't gotten her to understand that live sports trumps everything else that may be on.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion