tuscl

Congrats to Seattle!

Sunday, February 2, 2014 8:06 PM
I enjoyed the game. The quarterback played at my college at one time. I had fun watching it. It wasn't nearly as close as their last game with San Francisco though.

19 comments

• ime
    10 years ago
    NC State? or Wisconsin
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    NC State.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    Thank you, Shark !
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    Thanks, shark!
  • fun12times12
    10 years ago
    NC State is my college too. He was amazing there, but probably best role model in the league. #allrussellwilsoneverything
  • jester214
    10 years ago
    So are your degrees in Chickens or Cows? ;) I too was pulling for Seattle because of Wilson. Met him a couple of times, nice kid.
  • GoVikings
    10 years ago
    Congrats Dougsta and Club Goer. But man was this a terrible Superbowl. We're about to have 6 straight months of no football and this is the last game we get? You've gotta be kidding me
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    10 years ago
    @ GoV: True, but it was our first Super Bowl victory in 37 years of franchise history. We'll take what we can get. (I didn't think the commercials were "Super Bowl-caliber" this year, either.)
  • sharkhunter
    10 years ago
    I had previously rooted for the Carolina Panthers but when they lost, I heard about the Seattle Sea Hawks doing well. I have relatives all over the US so I feel confident someone was probably rooting for Denver. I thought the game was going to be a lot closer. NCSU is one of the top engineering schools in the country. They do have a multitude of degrees you can major in. When the President was talking about research in Raleigh recently in his state of the Union speech, that was where he was at. Unfortunately recent teams in basketball and football at NCSU haven't inspired a lot of confidence lately.
  • jackslash
    10 years ago
    Congratulations to Seattle! But what happened to Denver?
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    jack, Perhaps the real Broncos were snowed in back in Denver. :)
  • Clackport
    10 years ago
    Seatlle's defense this year has to be considered one of the greatest defenses in NFL history, especially with all the rules nowadays benefitting the offense.
  • rickdugan
    10 years ago
    I'll add my congrats. I wanted to see Seattle do exactly what they did to Manning. This just further cements Manning's legacy as a guy who chokes when conditions are not perfect. Give him a dome or warm weather, and then add refs who call a game tightly in order to keep the D from harassing his receivers, and he is deadly. But when it is a cold weather outdoor game with a little wind, he chokes every time. Same holds true when his timing routes are disrupted by aggressive defenses that rough up the receivers. Net-net, there is no doubt that he is very talented, but he is also a prima donna, which is why he has only won a single Superbowl despite being in three of them, along with the playoffs almost every year of his career. So again, Congrats Seattle!
  • Clubber
    10 years ago
    ranukam, True enough. Haven't seen a Bronco run so poorly since Al and OJ. :)
  • crazyjoe
    10 years ago
    Broncos really shit the bed
  • mikeya02
    10 years ago
    When Marino and Brady set passing records, they lost the Superbowl. Now Manning. I guess its offense for show, defense for the dough.
  • Dougster
    10 years ago
    I'm thinking of taking Wednesday off work to check out the victory parade downtown.
  • skibum609
    10 years ago
    Good defense kills great offense I.E. 01 - greatest show on turf ...lost; 07 record setting Brady to Moss...lost; 13 record setting Manning....lost. Hell. Jets beat Colts; Bucs beat Raiders; Raiders beat Eagles; everybody beat Buffalo and the no huddle.
  • Papi_Chulo
    10 years ago
    I agree wit GoVikings – although I was pulling for Seattle; I thought the game was boring; never close; and very few big exciting plays. Denver has a finesse offense and Seattle a very physical defense – finesse does not work very well against thugs :)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion