tuscl

Decision 2 Discuss

Sunday, January 5, 2014 10:57 AM
We have many more members that don't comment on the discussion board than do. This site had many, many reviews. With all the reviewers, I'd figure that we'd have more commenters. I wonder what makes I one evolve from a reviewer into a commenter. Anything specifically that turned you onto commenting?

23 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I started because it was something new to me. I had never made comments on any other sites.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Shadow-That's the same for me. I'm not on Facebook or Twitter. Never did Myspace. This is my first foray into social media, per se.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    I never comment on other sites. TUSCL is a funny place so I took up commenting her. Perv on brother...perv on indeed!
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I started out reviewing and reading other reviews. Sometimes a thread would catch my eye when I got bored. Then I realized how funny the comments were. Then I wanted to see what shit juice came up with...lol
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Stupidity and injustice.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    I wouldn't be on this site nearly as much as I am if it weren't for the discussion board. Very few reviews for clubs in my area pop up and I don't have much interest in reading a ton of reviews for clubs I know I won't get to visit anytime soon. I pretty much started posting on this site right after I got a feel for it
  • toysales
    11 years ago
    I don't comment a lot. Only when a topic interest me. I could do without some of the BS comments and personal attackes. So I just block those members.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    I think a lot of people with good intel don't comment on the threads because of the trolls.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    ^ the non sense definitely drives people away from the discussion board
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    I belonged to TUSCL for a couple years before I joined the discussion board. I thought only creepy perverts would want to discuss their strip club experiences. I was right.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I started commenting because I have an opinion on almost everything. I also feel as if I have experienced things that others could benefit from hearing. Do as I say, not as I do.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I started commenting because I have an opinion on almost everything. I also feel as if I have experienced things that others could benefit from hearing. Do as I say, not as I do.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    Honestly? I was attracted by the wide diversity of points of view and ages, and the general respect for others' points of view. Would I like it better without some of the trolls and blindly opinionated folks? Sure, but even they put out some thought pieces on occasion.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    As I recall from many years ago, there was a review I rad that seemed pure BS. I think I came here to mention it and have been around since.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    Jackslash, as creepy pervert I resemble that remark. I am almost appalled that you would make such an outrageously accurate assertion. Your insightful allegation is an affront to almost every pathetic troll on this board. Such insidious self diminishment leaves me near hyperventilation and not nearly flabbergasted. Personally, I admit that I do occasionally enjoy posting here to tweak those participants who do not seem to be able to distinguish be sarcasm and social sophistry or discourse and dissimilation.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    ". . . distinguish be sarcasm . . ." should be ". . . distinguish between sarcasm . . ." One day I will read what I type before pressing 'post comment'.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I had come across TUSCL prior to joining it but never really paid much attention to it. The 2 or 3 times I briefly looked at TUSCL I dismissed it b/c one could not read the reviews w/o joining/paying (I was not aware at the time one could get a free VIP by writing a review – I never really looked at the details of the site). I was planning a trip to Houston in March 2012 and wanted to get some intel by reading the reviews; so I joined and paid for a lifetime membership. Once I joined; I started browsing the site and took a peek at the discussion board – I was not expecting much and like jack I thought it would be a bunch of weirdoes. I was pleasantly surprised by the folks on the board and learned A LOT not only w.r.t. SCing but other topics also. As some have mentioned in the past; I enjoy the discussion board b/c one gets to interact w/ others that also enjoy; appreciate; & understand the hobby. Similar to SS; I often wonder why certain TUSCLers that have a lot of reviews; will have zero comments.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    I remember finding TUSCL in various searches long before I actually joined. I seem to recall a time when one could read at least *one* of a club's reviews without joining; maybe the latest one? At some point, I noticed the forum, and started reading the discussions. It wasn't long before the, um, Shared Experience Syndrome kicked in, and I joined.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    It's interesting to hear how other people's mileage varies.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Ibby-Tell me about your Prius.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    I have no need to buy a Prius, as I have always loved the smell of my own farts.
  • joker44
    11 years ago
    Ditto ranukam & GoVikings
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I believe for the first 3 or so years of me having an account here, I didn't do much but look at reviews. There were probably times when I had forgetten what my password even was. Then one day, I must have been bored and decided to comment on something and I have ever since. Besides, I'm like gawker and have an opinion about everything.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion