tuscl

The reality of being a stripper

Tuesday, December 17, 2013 10:01 PM
As my name implies I am a former stripper. I haven't danced in years but danced for several years. I am tired of hiding the truth so here goes. Most of the strippers I have danced with did extras. I did not (honestly!) but so many did. They did not do it in the clubs usually but outside the club. Quite a few were hookers. Most of the strippers were not going to college. Most were either doing it for drugs or because they were single moms. This is true and if you don't believe me go to Stripperweb and look at all the posts about being a single mom or doing drugs and drinking on the job. Very few of the strippers I knew were from middle class or above income levels. Many of them were also from single moms and from low income families. Quite a few were receiving welfare. Dancers generally hate men. Many come into the industry hating me and others develop it. Many never had fathers. The posts about $1000 nights are often lies. Yes some dancers will make that but others will not unless they do VIP shows and often those involve sex.

32 comments

• former_stripper
    11 years ago
    I don't want to post photos for obvious reasons but I do understand why people question things. I no longer dance so I don't like my photo getting out there because I work in a field where this could be a liability.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Hey, welcome. I think if you talked about your own experiences, that would be great. We just go around and around here speculation about what "the" truth is about dancing, who's lying here, yada yada. Of course, whatever you say, someone's going to call it a lie.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Where did you dance? Can you tell us the city or the clubs?
  • former_stripper
    11 years ago
    Several, but one of the ones I started at was Jimmy's in Chicago Heights. Others are long gone such as the Cherry Club and the Bikini Club.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    We like stories. ..
  • former_stripper
    11 years ago
    There are many but one was a stripper in the dressing room talking about charging $80 for bareback anal outside in his car. She told a manager she needed a break and went out to the guy's car. I didn't see this, just saw her mention it.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    ^^^ Based on your "story", you must be a stripper from the 70's. That's when strippers really were sluts and $80 was a lot.
  • former_stripper
    11 years ago
    I was a stripper in the 90's and back then $80 was not a lot of money, especially for sex. One dancer told me she did OTC for about $300 an hour. The one charging $80 was likely a drug addict judging by her looks.
  • Electronman
    11 years ago
    Welcome. Nice to have some women on the board, especially current and former strippers.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "i am tired of hiding the truth so here goes" It's human nature to need an outlet to discuss secrets. But why here? We are all a bunch of fat, old guys that pay strippers for extras. That's all we're interested in. We welcome you, but this particular board is a curious choice.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Moto-Speak for yourself, brother. I am neither fat, bald, old or overweight. But you do speak the truth-People can't keep secrets. The truth comes out.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    "We are all a bunch of fat, old guys that pay strippers for extras." Motor, I take offense! I'm not fat!
  • dennyspade
    11 years ago
    Welcome "Former": Most likely, we have probably met. I know Jimmy's in Chicago Heights. IL and I used to frequent the old Cherry Club on Mannheim Road in Melrose Park. Yes, Drugs were a big part of that culture and some of the dancers were actually seen outside on the Melrose Park or North Avenue stroll.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    Thank you for sharing with us.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    I don't think former_stripper has said anything that's not already common knowledge. Of the few dancers whom I know personally, they generally prefer emotional relationships with women (but sex with both), most are single moms, all do some kind of drugs. But none of my top 3 C/F's do OTC. I'm sure other dancers do though.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Slick, If you are not "fat, old, or bald" you should be shagging chicks for free every nite my friend. Lol.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Welcome to TUSCL former_stripper. I would have to agree with you, in the last of couple of years it seems like most of the strippers I've dealt with were doing extras and weren't in college.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Moto-No woman is ever free. Shit, the supposedly free world of civie sex ends up being more expensive than stripper sex. Ask Johnny Carson. His squaw took half.
  • victor2
    11 years ago
    I am familiar with truth and fiction regarding dancers. I have had one that I saw regularly tell me she didn't allow customers to touch her boobs, only me. She must have forgot that I saw her offer a friend of mine a feel!
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    Yesterday I had a conversation with a lady who has been stripping 15 years and her comment was: its amazing what guys expect for $50 now compared to the 90's. Then again before we went and did our 2 2for 1 dance specials she excused herself to go freshen up and to get some wipes to clean me up after our dances.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    Welcome former_stripper! It is always nice to have the ladies chime in around here.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    "@Moto-Speak for yourself, brother. I am neither fat, bald, old or overweight." Yup......
  • former_stripper
    11 years ago
    Thanks everyone. Why mention some of these here? simply put I can't on stripper sites because there is this attitude of this never happens. The reality is it does and it's why I left the industry. After awhile I stopped making money because I didn't do extras. In fact I am definitely a different type of stripper because I never really liked most of the dancers I worked with and yes I love men.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “…. It's human nature to need an outlet to discuss secrets. But why here …” I guess it’s the subject matter – this *is* the best place to discuss all things strip clubs
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    @former_stripper - I don't do extras either. Truthfully, I'm a bit of a snob and I've got become very good at playing head games with the types customers my particular club attracts and that's why I consistently make money. What was dancing like in the 90s? Was it really like Striptease and Showgirls? Did everyone really wear such high thongs?
  • Digitech
    11 years ago
    You know the lingo awfully well. I don't think you are really a woman. But, if you are, then welcome aboard.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I can only remember one dancer posting on here that admitted to doing extras. Odd because most of the customers on here are into extras.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    “…. It's human nature to need an outlet to discuss secrets. But why here …” [TUSCL] Indeed. BEWARE of the Hacking Assholes. Doubtful any reality meets the rubber in a club.
  • joker44
    11 years ago
    Welcome former_stripper. Delightful, fresh post. Don't get run off by TUSCL trolls = 'One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument' former, duo, hotstuff please comment on this from former manager of SoCal SC in response to reader of his blog about asshole/misogynist customers: "Don't think most dancers think about you at all except as someone who may put some money into their purses or g-strings. That's all you are to most dancers. Yes, there will be some who will think that if you go to strip clubs, you must be a creep or a psycho. Just as there are some men in strip clubs who have problems with all women, there are some strippers in strip clubs who have problems with all men. You can't do anything about that.... There are some guys who go to strip clubs for the chance to treat women like shit or to at least feel superior to them. They see the act of the dancer stripping for tips like her humiliating herself before someone who has power over her. In most cases, the opposite is true. The dancer has the power over the guy but most guys don't see it that way. I doubt most dancers see it that way but it's usually true unless they're really desperate for money. Dancers have often asked me why men go to strip clubs. Some of them when they start out assume that the customers must be men who have no attractive women getting naked in their private lives. They're either married to someone who no longer turns them on or they're hopelessly single. After a while, they realize that there are cool guys who go to strip clubs who just enjoy the entertainment and the interaction. We had celebrities in my club who obviously didn't have much trouble getting laid by supermodel types outside the club. They still enjoyed spending a few hours in a strip club. However, there are rude assholes and misogynists too. There are usually at least a couple in any crowded club and there are always a few on message boards that discuss strip clubs. Don't be afraid to mingle with them. You can't avoid them if you want to go to strip clubs unless you only go to the most expensive gentlemen's clubs which are usually very costly and no fun. Just look at the assholes, study them and learn how not to be like them." [view link] Ladies, based on you're experience, your thoughts. And again keep posting, gals, some of us 'old' guys love it.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    People lie about sex. Men tend to lie more about having it, and women about not having it. Strippers are not special in this regard. Women who are not strippers will often date men because they will give them expensive gifts or work promotions. The fact that human females have disguised estrus is strong evidence that sex for resources is a common female behavior along with sex for good daddy genes. There is nothing directly immoral about it that I can see. The taboo against using women using their sexual services as a commodity is just a negotiating tactic by men, to keep said services cheap.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    "The fact that human females have disguised estrus is strong evidence that sex for resources is a common female behavior along with sex for good daddy genes" I never realized that, but it's 100% correct!
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    Good quote joker.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion