tuscl

OT: The Heisman Trophy

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Sunday, December 15, 2013 2:13 AM
The Heisman Trust mission statement: "The Heisman Memorial Trophy annually recognizes the outstanding college football player whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity." "...with integrity" Just sayin'

17 comments

• jackslash
    11 years ago
    If a famous football player can get away with murder, why can't another get away with rape?
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    An even larger farce, "...outstanding college football player...". Are you serious? That guy is always a QB,RB, or WR. I think there was a guy a bit back that did play some defense, but... Just sayin'
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I don't think the latest winner probably/possibly fits the definition. NOR did the voters possibly vote with integrity IMHO..."Just Sayin'"
  • Tyres
    11 years ago
    Clubber, you are thinking of Charles Woodson.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Charles Woodson, baby. Commitment to Excellence. I won the Thigh's Man Award. I love me some juicy thighs.
  • mikeya02
    11 years ago
    Did you know Joe Theismann's name is pronounced "theesman"? Notre Dame decided to call him Theismann cause it rhymed with "Heisman"
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Kinda like Anthony Weiner is Wine-er not Ween-er but since he flashed his junk, it's forever Ween-er.
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    I feel sorry for the woman. If the news reports are correct and she didn't know that he alleged attacker was Winston there is no way she was lying. Nothing to gain. Hope she leaves FSU and gets her degree elsewhere.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Cam Newton won it the year the NCAA was investigating him for getting paid among other things. I just think Winston is the best player, so he deserved to win it.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Perhaps ANY player under investigation for any wrongdoing should not be in the voting so that he meets the standard of "Excellence with integrity".
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    It will forever be an offensive award. The idea it goes to the "most outstanding football player" is a joke. As a former interior lineman, i want to mention Pitt lineman Aaron Donald. He won 4 major awards this week but wasn't even in the conversation for the Heisman.
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    Alucard: What happened to "Innocent until proven guilty"? The whole thing is just a total mess - I can really identify with your desire to throw him under the bus, but legally, he has been cleared. @motorhead: Amen brother! Props from a former offensive guard.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    Lineman will never get the respect they deserve, but they are the difference between a good team and a great team. Former O and D Tackle
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    That is in court. Doesn't have to apply to the Heisman. I agree with motorhead. Aaron Donald perhaps should have won it.
  • Clubber
    11 years ago
    I start to stock a football team, I get excellent O and D lines first and foremost.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Then there is Rothsenbeger of Pittsburg that was accused of date rape several times while at Miami of OH and the girls were either bought off or so humiliated by the athletic director the charges were not pursued because he was their star. It was shortly after that Miami of OH got out of big time football because of the divas and deviants you have to babysit and clean up after. He is the only player in the NFL I hope has a career ending injury every time he plays. Rape-senberger has had to many incidents over the years to bimbos trying to take advantage.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I believe they found DNA evidence of 2 men in the accuser's panties. I'm not sure what that means, but it seems if you can suggest the female is promiscuous then it certainly *must not* be rape.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion