tuscl

Hotel without ID? Fake ID

Saturday, December 14, 2013 4:13 AM
Anybody know how to get a hotel room without showing ID? I want to do some OTC fun but do not want to use my real name. One place I tried wouldn't give me a room, even using cash, unless I showed ID. I declined and later, gave cash to my dancer and she got the room and showed her ID. So I may have to get a fake ID. Anyone have a mail order one they can recommend, or one in the Dallas area? Do I need a scan-quality drivers license to get a hotel room?

14 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Reliable hotels require I.D. for 2 reasons. The first reason is to protect customers from fraudulent credit card use and theft. Requiring identification upon check-in is a way that hotels can ensure that a hotel room was not booked with a stolen credit card. The second reason that hotels check identification is to protect the safety of their guests. Requiring an ID for check-in is a way to make sure that only registered, paid guests are admitted to hotel rooms, and prevents strangers or criminals from comprising the personal safety of those staying in the hotel. Good luck trying to buy a fake I.D. They don't come cheap. Now if you can find a notel motel that rents by the hour, cash may be king.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Be careful. In many places it is illegal to use or even possess a fake ID.
  • pabloantonio
    11 years ago
    WildBill: You are worried about the hotel having information on you? Man, wake up. You lost your privacy years ago. The "Patriot Act" which sounds like a red-blooded American program, opened the flood gate to the Orwellian world we now live in. The Government monitors your text messages, your e-mails, your phone calls. They track your bank account. They know who you associate with. They know you are a member of TUSCL. And they do all this in violation of the 4th Amendment, but who cares about your "rights"? You lost all your rights years ago. The last thing I would worry about is whether a hotel knew my name and address.
  • georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    Even the local cash-by-the-hour notell requires ID. If you trash the room, they want to know who to go after. Pablo, he probably cares more about the wife/gf/so than anything else right now. :)
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Who are you trying to keep this secret from? A wife, a S.O.?
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    There are guys that will spend $1,000 on a Champagne Room for an hour just to avoid the paper trail left by going to a hotel. I'm not one of them.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I believe I've gone to hotels without them asking for Id. One really cheap place wasn't even listed online. I was just hoping my vehicle was safe in the parking lot.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    My ATF used to have a regular OTC customer who didn't want his name or credit card used, so she would rent the room using her own id and then tell him she paid $200 for the room (usually $125 to $150. He was paying her $700 an hour and with the room charge he'd owe her $900 and usually just made it a grand. Hustle, hustle, hustle.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    After 9/11; getting fake IDs got a lot harder. Also; b/c of 9/11; the consequences of being caught w/ a fake ID could be potentially serious. Going the fake ID route may be more trouble than it’s worth. Try to come up w/ a system that works 4 u: a) stick to ITC b) let the dancer rent the room I don’t recall the last time I was in a hotel or even a cheap motel; that I was not asked for my ID.
  • slick316
    11 years ago
    I'm in the hospitality industry and shadowcat is correct with his assessment. No decent hotel rents out rooms anonymously, not happening. But with that said, what are you worried about? I don't know of any hotels sending out stuff to guests in the mail. Maybe email, but you can opt out of that. Also, most hotels won't give out personal information of any kind to anyone. Go to the hotel, pay cash, give your ID and keep your mouth shut about what you are there for.
  • wildbill972
    11 years ago
    Wow guys! I have never posted a discussion item before, and am very appreciative of the quick and helpful responses. To answer a question, I am married and don't want to use my real ID just in case it ever got back to my wife. I know it is very unlikely, but I will sleep a lot better knowing there is no paper trail. I can see certainly why hotels want to know who is in their facility. I was very surprised about the dangers of a fake ID; if you go on line, you will see all kinds of adds for making them. Seems like if it was illegal to have one, it would be illegal to make one too (and advertise it). Anyway, the best solution appears to be what I did: get the dancer to get the room and give her the cash. Only trouble is you can't do it ahead of time to be sure you have the room, and can't get the good on-line price. Well, maybe she has a credit card -- will see. Thanks again to all who contributed.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    damn must suck to be married huh? If it were me, I'd bring the chica back to my place. I can walk around butt naked in my own house
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Most hotels blame the patriot act, may Bush 43 go to hell for that, and hold fast to their rules event though it is bullshit. I was traveling for business and had booked a "high rated" local hotel that was close to my destination. They wanted to make a full scale color copy of both sides of my drivers license and credit card. I declined accused the desk manager of attempted fraud and left. I drove 10 mile away to a national chain and all I had to do was to show ID and a slide my card. I sicked my travel service on that hotel and my credit card company. My credit card company got my deposit back and the travel service dropped them from 3.5 stars to .5 stars and pulled their recommendations. The ID requirement can be used as excuse to defraud you so take care.
  • sofaking87
    11 years ago
    Having the babe rent the room sounds like a good idea. Just make sure you give her exact change! Lol!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion