tuscl

What ever happened to happy dancers?

THE CHAINDOG
Massachusetts
Monday, December 2, 2013 2:13 PM
I have been playing with dancers off and on since 1990. Dancers used to be upbeat, friendly , sexy, ditsy and fun. I loved Dancers Under the Influence! ( DUI) Now I go to a club and its drama city, girls not friendly, no small talk , no smiles on stage and off stage it is all " My babies daddy will not pay child suppoet" " my car needs work", " My land lord is mean. " Ect. Girls I don't go to clubs for drama! Smile!, Be friendly! act like you want to be there! If I do not know your real name and you do not know my last name then I do not to hear about yout outside the club life! A dancer that flirts with me is more likely to get my money!

29 comments

• georgmicrodong
    11 years ago
    I'll be meeting one tomorrow. For "lunch".
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    I hear ya dog. "Fun" dancers make for an enjoyable experience. Anymore, the drama and downbeat approach make me want to not club.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    All around, club-going hasn't been as much fun for me either, since the spring of 2008. That's when the recession hit here in Seattle. Between that and the chain of four clubs that were raided in June 2008, and later closed altogether, there's far less fun in going to strip clubs here than previously. I hear about a lot of the crap you mentioned.
  • kingcripple
    11 years ago
    didn't know they existed
  • 62025male
    11 years ago
    Agree. Guys go to clubs for fantasy - if we want to hear that kind of griping we can stay home LOL. If you can make up a name you can make up a character, and please make it a happy one to stimulate our upper head while your body stimulates the lower one - the two ARE connected! Tell me your name is Aurora, you're the love child of second generation hippies who met during a spectacular northern lights show, you grew up in a wild, wonderful place I've never visited, and being naked around old perverts makes you happy and horny. I'll buy those dances all night long, baby. That is UBER better than "I'm Jane, my kid's dad ran off with my little sister, and I need a new muffler for my 1982 Dodge Dart. Without a diploma it was either this or hooking. So, want to buy a dance?"
  • THE CHAINDOG
    11 years ago
    I pretty much heard that Saturday night.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    With a still crappy economy and plenty of competition many dancers are impatient and arent willing to play nice-nice to get into our wallets. Their shitty attitudes are at least in part a sign of the financial times.
  • Rachelmmm
    11 years ago
    Honestly I would say 95% of the dancers I work with have really great attitudes. Granted, most of them are in their 20s and don't plan on doing this long-term. Even if you had major baby daddy drama it just seems like a bad business strategy to bring it up to customers unless you're hoping they'll tip you out of pity. So maybe try a different club?
  • THE CHAINDOG
    11 years ago
    only two clubs local to me
  • Briguy78
    11 years ago
    So I have never had a lap dance, but am considering going. The thing is, I'm overweight and a little self conscious in the sense that I don't want the dancers to be dreading giving me lap dances. I'm very new to the whole strip club thing. I know to them it's all about the money anyway, but can fat guys still get good lap dances, and is it common for bigger guys to be in the clubs? I just don't want to show up and have all the girls run for the dressing room!
  • Rachelmmm
    11 years ago
    @briguy78 literally every single type of guy is welcome in a strip club. Personally I think it's sometimes easier to give bigger guys lap dances because I can balance a little better. I can't really explain why without demonstrating but basically their chair is less likely to move around. Girls won't avoid you :)
  • Briguy78
    11 years ago
    Thanks Rachel. Hearing that makes me feel a little more comfortable about going :)
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    @Briguy78- There are plenty of lame dancers that wont dance for some groups that they dislike for whatever reason- fat guys, old guys, black guys, women, etc. You name the group and there will be someone who wont dance for them. But rest assured that for every stupid dancer who discriminates there are plenty more that would be more than happy to dance for you.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I sometimes get the sense that a major difference b/w happy and grumpy dancers may have to do in large part how management/ownership treats the dancers. If management treats the dancers like crap; that is already setting a bad environment/vibe for the club that will trickle down to the custies. I often get a feeling in some clubs that most of the dancers look like they hate being there and in other clubs where dancers are having a good time and smiling even if they are just hanging w/ you and not making $$$.
  • Briguy78
    11 years ago
    Thanks Iopaw. I guess that's true for everyone. Since I've never been to a club that gives lap dances before, I think I'm over thinking it. But basically, I'll set my mind at ease in assuming if I am having a lap dance, my weight isn't that much of an issue. And it's not like I can't get out of my front door or anything, so I'm sure it'll be a fun experience.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    Most Americans are either overweight or obese. I've seen several fat dancers on occassion as well. I prefer not to see super fat dancers. As far as customers come, they are in several sizes. I remember seeing one guy who must have weighed over 300 pounds look like he was really enjoying himself. If you get a big enough crowd or enough people, someone might always be negative but if you want to have fun, ignore those people if you can. Most people are far more concerned with their own lives and bodies and the little bit of fat they may have. If the club music is super loud, you won't hear a word anyone says unless they shout it in your ear. If I suddenly lost a few pounds or gained, dancers don't care.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I think some guys are talking to dancers a lot more than I have been. Well I had a conversation discussing football or where one dancer was from. She was from an area where a lot of the opposing team was from. I'm not originally from South Carolina so I didn't care who won. I think she was a gamecock fan. Another dancer said her club was undergoing remodeling. I said you mean Heartbreakers and she said yes. Then she told me the new club is just down the road a few additional exits. Then it was the announced two for one again. not much time to talk.
  • CaptDan
    11 years ago
    My club has this weird mix of happy dancers and ones who dump all their problems on you. Sadly, the ratio seems to be 1 happy dancer to 3 problem dumpers. I don't want to hear about how your ex abused you and refuses to be a part of your kid's life. Why do I know you have a kid? I don't want to know that. Generally, though, I can tell pretty quickly if they're a problem dumper and usually turn very cold to them until they start leaving me alone. It works fairly well. A few are persistent, but most go away. Then you have the fake problem dumper. there's this black girl who told me, "I haven't gotten dick yet this week. I hate it." Well... that's a problem, I guess... not sure what to think of that.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… Then you have the fake problem dumper …” LOL – sounds like this could have made a good Seinfeld episode
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Maybe I'm not just slick but lucky since I know plenty of fun and happy dancers.
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    I only let my ATF talk about "reality" with me. If anyone else starts a pity party, they won't get any repeat business from me! But a lot has to do with us too...if we start whining about our personal issues, it's infectious. So I try and set the tone as playful, and see if she will embrace the mood. It usually works.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Man, some of you fuckers must be getting really old with all your non-sense nostalgia about how much better things were decades ago.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    Nothing in strip clubs was better in 1993 than now. A full contact dance in Providence in 1993 is what we now call a rip off air dance. The human mind is wired to forget the bad and remember the good, hence the good old days. Remember how great high school was? I sure don't, but I do know that for the last 10 years here strip clubbing has been like going to a bj buffet.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I second what Skibum has said.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    I agree with lowpaw. With a bad economy. girls today don't want to waste time, trying to butter you up because it may take an hour and you may only pay for one dance. I'm not saying that any of you fellas (and lowpaw) will just pay for one dance (unless the first dance sucks) but they're impaitent and need money now. Thus they care less for interaction and more for business. I mean unlelss they love their job. sad truths
  • rockstar666
    11 years ago
    There's this one 'new' dancer at my club...she's very bubbly and bright, and hot. She's come up to me a few times and I told her I was just dancing with my ATF and I didn't want to waste her time. She said that was fine, she knows and just wants to chat. I did end up tipping her. This is a smart dancer. She may never get a dance from me (I bet she will though), but she is ATF material if circumstances change. She is definitely contrary to the trend that girls are more pushy these days, and if she has a bunch of non-starters who nevertheless like her (like me), she WILL get business down the line. More dancers should be like her.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I agree with the theory that club management sets the tone in that if they rip off the dancers, the dancers aren't happy and it trickles down to the customers, but if they treat them well, that makes them happy. That's one thing my #2 club does well, at least lately, because they never seem to be miserable there lately. That's one thing my favorite club could change, because they've had too many girls who expect too much lately.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    @DandyDan my friend, that could be generalized for any sort of business that deals with customer interaction, most noticeably retail
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    GWTW...?!?! In the burst Bubble???
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion