tuscl

OT: Alabama/Auburn

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)

Anyone see the Alabama/Auburn game today.

Was a heck of game and a heck of a finish.

I'm not necessarily a fan of either team; but I don't like Alabama and in particular Nick Saven looks like a dick – so I will often watch the Bama games hoping they will get beat.

I must say though that Bama always plays at a high level which makes their games entertaining to watch and when the lose it is often a very close an exciting well played game.

11 comments

• Clackport
    11 years ago
    That was the game of the year! It was so good to see Alabama go down.
  • snowtime
    11 years ago
    Two weeks in a row Auburn has won on a fluke play. Last week it was the unbatted down pass that led to a last second victory against Georgia. Seems to be their year. Great game, though I think Alabama wins that game 3 out of 4 times, if they play it 4 times.
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    The ending of OSU vs Michigan was pretty exciting as well. I wonder who will be ranked second in the bcs tomorrow - Ohio state or Auburn.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I would think an undefeated OSU would be ranked ahead of Auburn – but one never knows.

I was actually looking forward to Bama against FSU in the national championship game b/c I thought that would be a heck of a matchup.

Maybe FSU vs. OSU will also be pretty good? Not really that turned on about FSU vs. Auburn though.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    I remember when Nick Saban was the Head Coach of the University of Toledo.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I watched the second half. A great game with a great ending. Now I can taunt my coworker who loves Alabama for some odd reason. (Then again, we in Nebraska want to kill our coach after this weekend).
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I wonder what would happen if FSU lost to Duke (how did Duke end up with a football team, much less one with a division championship?), OSU loses to Michigan State (a sleeper team all year) and Auburn loses to Missouri (how in the world did Mizzou end up in the SEC East, much less champions of the SEC East? Don't they understand geography down there?)
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Remember that SEC trumps all else in college football. That's how ratings get done.

After that, good for Auburn. Fuck Bama. That was a great play. It doesn't matter how many times that Bama should/would win, they lost.

• ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    My dream game: Alabama vs Ohio State,

... and about a one-ton meteorite landing soon the 50!

My gut feeling is that a 100 pounder would be sufficient, but if it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    It was an excellent (and crazy) college football day.

I'm not a UM fan, but boy was I rooting for the upset of OSU. It was a seriously ballsy call by Hoke to go for two, but either the play call or the read SUCKED! The problem for Hoke is that he's been stinking it up at UM in other games, so I think most UM fans will see this as another bad call by Hoke instead of a good call that didn't go UM's way.

The fate of the world is now in MSU hands. Only MSU can end the Buckeyes run and ensure an SEC in the championship. I'd take Bama, Auburn, or Missouri as better than OSU for the championship game.

Great end to Bama/Auburn.

Wisconsin gave PSU an early Christmas present.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Snowtime, neither of those game winning touchdowns was a fluke. The Georgia defenders went for an interception instead of playing smart football which says you play to keep the ball away from the receiver. There have been many similar plays all year, just none quite as dramatic.
    In the Alabama game, Auburn set that play up. Did you observe the Auburn players form a wall along the side of the field that Davis ran for the TD? Also, some Alabama players assumed that regulation play was over when the field goal was missed and didn't keep playing. Only five Alabama players came close to Davis while there are 8 Auburn players in the area.
    Disclosure: my two daughters and a lot of my money went to Auburn. War Eagle!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion