tuscl

Consumer Reports

motorhead
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Sunday, November 24, 2013 4:01 PM
ATF Lite wants me to buy her a new washing machine for Christmas. Any recommendations for the best brand? Best quality and price combination.

29 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Yeah, buy a a Maytag. Women love the Maytag man.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    In all seriousness, does she have a matching dryer? That can make a difference. Does she have space for front loading or top loading?
  • samsung1
    11 years ago
    Samsung brand rated #1 for top-loading washers and ranked #2 for front-loading washers. [view link]
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Samsung bringing the heat! Right on. I must admit that I do love the aesthetics of my Samsung flat screen.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    My Bosch takes a lickin; keeps on tickin. So's my Johnson.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    @Gawker-I had a Bosch dishwasher that isn't the epitome of German engineering. Now, my Krups coffee maker is the shit.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I had a hand-me-down VW from my dad. Rusted out. (thank God for duct tape - lots of duct tape) And no heat. German engineering. Ha!
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    68 VW Baja Bug bought in 1990 for $50. My first car. Got it running and sold it in 1992 for $100. No money invested. Not bad for a kid, 14-16 years.
  • chattguy123
    11 years ago
    Maytag is owned by whirlpool now. Samsung and lg are good. If youre looking for a good price pt topload set hard to beat the whirlpool 5800 series. Lgs in the 1101 series are good too
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Reminds me of an old joke - q: why shouldn't you try to pick up women at the Laundromat? a: because if she can't afford a washer and dryer it's very unlikely she'll be able to support you while you sit at home all day
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Ain't that the truth, Dougster.
  • joker44
    11 years ago
    samsung is right. check Consumers Reports website. You'll be spending hundreds so the few bucks paid for access to the members-only ratings will be worth it. be sure to check the companion brand reliability report. also be aware that some front-loaders tend to vibrate badly on any floor except concrete or specially framed wooden flooring. CR usually notes those that do.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    If you don’t want to spend the $$$ for a CR subscription in order to look at its recommended models; you could make a quick stop at your local public library as they may have CR and you can just make a photocopy or get a printout for a few cents.
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    @Dougster so that's where alucard gets his women.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Q What's the difference between a stripper and a washing machine? A A washing machine doesn't follow you around after you deposit a load in it.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    What brand does LDK have? He must be a laundry expert.
  • txtittyfan
    11 years ago
    I just bought a new LG large capacity HE washer last month. It is light years ahead of the 6 yr old Whirlpool it replaced. One of the nice things is that the motor/ajitator is direct drive instead of belt driven.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    The Whirlpool did last 6 years. That's longer than most marriages these days.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    ....and why is a dryer at the laundromat like a stripper? It gets hot when you feed it money
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    A shy young couple invent a name for making love "doing the laundry." One night the husband wakes up and asks his wife if she wants to "do the laundry."She complains that she's got a headache so the husband goes back to sleep. In the morning he asks if she'd like to "do the laundry," but his wife complains she's too tired, after having a restless night. That afternoon he asks if she's ready to "do the laundry," but she's too busy with her chores. The same evening his wife snuggles up to him and asks if he still wants to "do the laundry." "No, it's okay," he replies. "It was a small load, so i did it by hand!"
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    A lot depends on how much laundry a person does. A single person's washer will last a lot longer than a family of 4. When I needed a replacement a couple of years ago, I just shopped for what was on sale and bought a GE at Walmart for about $300.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    It's not scientific but I bought a Kenmore back in either 97 or 99. Both machines washer and dryer still work fine. I only use them once very week or two though. Someone suggested I could get something newer but why replace something that isn't broken especially if I do not use it much? I see they. are still selling similar models.
  • farmerart
    11 years ago
    Your ATF Lite sure has some chutzpah to ask for a washing machine as a Christmas gift. Would you consider an ancient ripple washboard as being suitable, motorhead?
  • ATACdawg
    11 years ago
    How about a couple rolls of quarters and a bottle of ERA to feed the local laundromat?
  • zipman68
    11 years ago
    What sick and twisted sexual act did she offer in response to the request for the washing machine? I'd use that to establish cost.
  • skibum609
    11 years ago
    Kenmore.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    The most expensive on the Market.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    How about a washboard? Or jackshit. Assuming lite means something akin to backup atf, that means she isn't that important to give flowers to. Besides I thought these sorts of things were meant for girlfriends and such? What the hell is she, a beer?
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Nothing wrong with Kenmore products as sharkhunter says.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion