tuscl

Given a Choice - Smokey or Smoke Free

bubba267
Livin my inner redneck
Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:29 AM
Last visit to Follies,was almost unbearably smokey. During a quick visual survey, I saw three customers smoking and 8 dancers. All else being equal, how many of you would prefer a smoke free club? (Loved Baby Dolls in Dallas for the clean air and beautiful girls!)

25 comments

• Braz5152
    11 years ago
    Definitely Smoke free for me. But, I am not a smoker. I was just at Follies on Wednesday and it was so smokey my eyes were burning by the time I left. Well, I guess they could have been burning due to the amount of staring I was doing, but I think mostly it was the smoke. When I got back to the hotel even my socks smelled like smoke.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Smoke free. But, I really don't have much of a choice.
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    This is a pet peeve for me. I HATE cig smoke. In the area I live in, there are only 7 clubs to pick from and all of them allow smoking except two. I usually go to the smoke free clubs for that reason.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    I'm with you GV. I take care of myself and my clothes and can't stand the effect that cigarette smoke has on them.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I quit smoking over a year ago and I guess that since I was a previous smoker it doesn't bother me one way or the other. As a frequent visitor to Follies I am more bothered by the smell of pot.
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Only smoke free where I club in Cali. Much preferred over the smokestacks here in LV.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Since I DON'T smoke, my answer is pretty obvious. :) :)
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Smoke free. But smoke doesn't really bother me unless someone is smoking right next to me.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    Smoke free except for weed.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    Smoke Free!
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Smoke Free Please, I don't want my clothes smelling like smoke when I leave.
  • tenisbum1776
    11 years ago
    I really enjoy a good cigar when visiting a club and now only The Harem in Dayton allows smoking in the dancing room. During the winter months, it's basically the only place I can go to smoke indoors. The place is very well ventilated and I only smoke good cigars (over $10 a stick). Most people tell me they don't mind the smell of a good cigar. Other than my occasional cigar, I don't smoke and am not generally sensitive to cigarette smoke in a room.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Smoke free. That's one of the biggest reasons I don't spend more time in the downscale Detroit clubs. The upscale clubs and the Toledo clubs are smoke free, so that's where I usually go.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    I prefer smoke free, but it doesn't really bother me. It seems most strippers who smoke also chain smoke and that is a bit of a turnoff.
  • gawker
    11 years ago
    I am a smoker and prefer smoke free. I am glad to step outside when I need to poison myself.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Non smoker and thus much prefer smoke free. Baby Dolls in Dallas used to allow smoking until the mid to late 2000s when a city ordinance was passed prohibiting smoking in public places. I enjoyed my clubbing a lot more at BDs when it became smoke free. On busy weekend nights prior to the ban; it felt as if one needed a gas mask in order to breathe in there.
  • joker44
    11 years ago
    Smoke free. Non smoker now. Previous pipe and cigar smoker. Like pipe and some cigar smell. A faint cig smell isn't bad but most clubs that allow smoking have a pervasive strong smell of smoke. AND I hate cig breath on a dancer!
  • mausercat
    11 years ago
    I have never lit up a cig in my life and have two lousy lungs after a long term marriage to a smoker. In my view, a drunk can't do as much damage to you and your clothes as a smoker unless she pukes on you or gets behind the wheel of a car.
  • deogol
    11 years ago
    Smoke free.
  • lopaw
    11 years ago
    Smoke free is my preference and as other Angelenos have stated it is the law here. But what sucks is walking into the ladies room and walking into a wall of stripper cigarette smoke. They smoke like chimneys in there despite it being illegal to do so. That shit gets in my hair and clothes and I smell like an ashtray for the rest of the damned night.
  • jabthehut
    11 years ago
    Smoke free
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I prefer smoke free but all clubs I visit have people smoking like nothing ever changed. My choice is to never visit a strip club or endure the smoke. Fortunately I tend not to notice too much until I get home and notice the stench. Cigar smoke stinks. A stripper told me. I agree. The smoke in the clubs is not as bad as it was one place I worked at before it was banned. I was relieved. My health was going downhill fast due to all the second hand smoke cloud I had to work in.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    ny seems to be smoke-fee so im lucky
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    Smoke free. Most of the clubs in my area are smoke free due to ordinance of no smoking in public bars/ resturaunts. One qualifys as a cigar bar so smoking is allowed
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Seems like the non-smokers won this thread
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion