tuscl

Intervening with management

Lone_Wolf
Arizona
Sunday, October 27, 2013 5:54 PM
Reluctant to get to specific here, but one of my favs has gotten into some trouble at the club and is being disciplined (not fired) by management. I'm a regular at the club and do happen to spend what I consider decent cash buying drinks, tipping etc. I'm tempted to ask management for leniency but I've never spoken to management and have a real bad feeling any attempted plea from me would ill received. Have any of ever tried to intervene with management? What were the results?

21 comments

• motorhead
    11 years ago
    An old favorite from years ago got herself fired. The manager knew I spent a decent amount on her so I infervened on her behalf. He was friendly and took the time to state the reasons for her firing. He told me he could not (would not) hire her back. But she was back to work within 2 weeks.
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    Like Motor's experience, I know a dancer who got fired from a club she really liked, and wanted to go back. She told me, it's pretty common for a dancer to wait three months, then ask for their job back. She went to another club for a couple of months, then she was able get her job back at her former club. I wouldn't have considered discussing it with management. But, I had no incentive to do so. She was at another club which was just as lenient, so it didn't matter to me.
  • VeryBigDawg
    11 years ago
    "But she was back to work within 2 weeks." Damn, had same experience. One of the cute girls was fired from Follies. Saw her at another shitty club, and she gave me her sob story on getting fired. Then 2 weeks later was at Follies, and she was dancing again as if nothing happened! Moral of the story? If you are stripper and forget to give the manager his weekly BJ you will get fired.
  • SuperDude
    11 years ago
    If you knew that she was fired for being a ROB, but nice to you, would you intervene? Dancers know what they are doing and the risks of breaking the rules. They don't need to be rescued.
  • rockie
    11 years ago
    I tend to stay out of the management/dancer dynamic. If she's important to you, establish a means that she will communicate with you through if she moves on.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I usually prefer to not talk to management. I did before though and it did seem that people treated me a little bit different when they kept seeing the manager shake my hand. It was like everyone wanted to be friendly. There's nothing wrong with that but I like to remain invisible as long as possible. I guess if I visited Follies and talked to Shadowcat, people might think there was a club meeting between the bouncer and manager, lol.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    My theory is if they get fired, that's their own damn fault. They know what they're getting into, so they ought to know what they're doing.
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    Maybe this should be a separate thread but I'm curious what could get a dancer fired.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    Ermita - Usually for prostitution or drug trafficking but I do know of one case where she got fired because she and her bouncer boy friend broke up and the bouncer had family ties with the owner.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Other things that can get a dancer fired: being continually late, not showing up for work, stealing, excessive drunkenness, fighting with other dancers.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    I have had one favorite fired and one suspended for a couple of weeks. The one who was fired was found drugged up and passed out on a set of stairs near the dressing room, which was simply the last straw in a long line of issues. Not only did I not try to intervene, but I was glad to see her gone as I wanted nothing more to do with a girl with those types of problems. The favorite who was suspended for 2 weeks was involved in a multi-girl fight on the main floor of the club. As good a spender as I was at the time in this club, I doubt that any intervention on my part was going to change anything. The owner was pissed and was trying to make a point, so he suspended the whole group of them and all of their pleadings were falling on deaf ears. So instead I offered her extra earning opportunities OTC - which she gladly accepted. ;)
  • Otto22
    11 years ago
    Being "Fired" from a SC is not the same as being fired in the rest of the world. I know a dancer who was not only "Fired" by her club, they had her arrested because of the fit she threw when they tried to fire her. She was charged with assault and disorderly conduct. She spent the night in jail, went to a different club for a while and, last week I saw that she was back dancing at the club that had "Fired" her.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Otto22 has it right on. SC firing is worlds apart from being laid off by Lockheed Martin.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I don't wholly agree with the idea of getting fired from a strip club being different than getting fired by a normal company. At my favorite club, they have a bunch of pictures (presumably their driver's licenses) of dancers who are never to be allowed to dance there again, at least according to the dancer who used to be the owner's girlfriend. OTOH, one of my favorites there said she got fired by them twice, but was allowed back each time.
  • Lone_Wolf
    11 years ago
    I appreciate everyone's input. I think I will stay out of this one. Perhaps this should be added to the "You know you've clubbing to much.." list.
  • curiositycat
    11 years ago
    I would stay out of it..It is not worth getting involved. As much as you like a dancer, it probably took a lot before the club got fed up enough to fire them. I hear enough about flakiness/lateness/drama I'm surprised there is any dancers left working lol
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    “… At my favorite club, they have a bunch of pictures (presumably their driver's licenses) of dancers who are never to be allowed to dance there again …” Perhaps it depends on the nature of the offense – if the dancer was for example stealing $$$ from the club somehow; then yeah; I don’t think she would be hired back after that.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    As I often post; SCs are bizarro world; everything is upside-down/opposite to the real world. Dancers being fired or suspended and then being allowed back in the club seems to be pretty common. I recall the last time I was ROBed (had my guard down) I said fuck it and spoke to the manager (I was in a black dive where “management” is often poor even by SC standards). Turns out the said ROB had just been allowed back in the club after having been suspended for 3 months. After my convo w/ the manager; I saw the ROB heading back to the dressing room and didn’t see her for the rest of the night.
  • Prim0
    11 years ago
    I try to stay under the radar...If the eye is on you, you may have less privacy for your dances.
  • TxVegas
    11 years ago
    I agree ^^^
  • rockie
    11 years ago
    Employee theft is among the offenses treated seriously in a strip club. Many other offenses are treated like a temporary layoff, with at least 10 lifelines - unlike in most jobs.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion