tuscl

What's the worst city?

Monday, December 12, 2005 8:36 AM
What's the worst city for strip clubbing? Are there any major cities that don't have any clubs at all? Or that only have bikini bars with no contact? Last time I was in Cleveland I don't recall any clubs to speak of. Chicago also seems to get bad marks. Yoda says Boston has improved but I think he's talking about places outside the city. Any others? What's you're experience? And why are some places like that?

57 comments

• chandler
    19 years ago
    The delegate from Kansas has told us what Kansas is thinking. I'm as interested as Randy Newman would be. Thanks for the warning about Wichita, FunSeeker.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    FunSeeker, I'm sure that Wichita is a great place. But when I talk about major cities I'm thinking of a couple million people or more, like one of the 10 or 20 largest US cities. Think NY, LA, Chicago, Philly, Houston, Miami, etc. Those are major cities. And some are great SC places, some aren't.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Phoenix AZ is number 3 I've heard. Scary.
  • FunSeeker
    19 years ago
    In above post, "2 for 20" should read 2 for 30. Sorry for the typo. For Wichita metro area population of more than half million, only 3 clubs worth mentioning. For this population, this metro can easily should have at least 3 to 5 more clubs. It's the opportunistic policticians trying restrict or shutting down the clubs. I understand Wichita used to be great and use to have more clubs. Hopefully, things will change. Not sure, when will it happen?
  • FunSeeker
    19 years ago
    By the way, when I say "Wichita is Air Capital" doesn't mean air dance capital. This actually means, Wichita has several aircraft manufacturers and designers. At Michelle's Beach House, the lap dances are good to great with many of the dancers. It's very pricey because, $25/song lasts on an average of 2.5 minutes. At Pleasure's lap dances are much better with songs are mostly full length. Normal price is $20/song, and a few ask for $25/song. Some dancers are willing to make deals such as 3 for $50, 2 for $20, 2 or 1, etc. The downside is the facility.
  • FunSeeker
    19 years ago
    FONDL: Wichita is a major and an important city with a population of 330,000. The metro area is more than half a million. Wichita is Air Capital. Also, home of BTK! With a very busy interstate I-35 passing through the city.
  • lopaw
    19 years ago
    runnoft: I don't know which clubs you went to in while in LA, but whichever ones they were, they were the WRONG ones. Before traveling to L.A., it's imperative to check in with either: someone in the know, or at the very least least "[view link]" (preferably reader's reviews).
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    FS, in all due respect, I don't think most of us would consider Wichita to be a major city. There are tons of shitty smaller cities strip-club wise. the question was what's the worst major city. Chicago seems to be the consensus winner.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Now that I think about it, when I lived in Chicago, in the late 80s, the sc scene was much different than it is now...sc's had not yet been mainstreamed, and they still were considered on a par with jack-off peep shows (maybe they still are, just not by me....). I, also, never thought of going to sc's while I lived there. As I have related before on this board, I was first prompted to go to sc's when in my early 30s (in the mid 1990s) when a court reporter friend of mine commented that I had led a very sheltered life, and that a trip to a sc the next time I was traveling out of town might have a broadening effect on my outlook on the world. God, was she right.....Of course, by then (approx. 1995), the mainstreaming of sc's was well under way. It was, of course, just my luck that the out of town business trip during which I availed myself of my friend's suggestion happened to be to, of all places, Houston. I've said it before, I'll say it again..."God looks out for drunks and the Irish" (Thanks, Grandpa) the shame of it is that my "steady" girlfriend in Chicago was probably the only woman I ever went out with (during a fairly active social life from my mid teens to my late twenties) who would have actually liked the idea of going to a strip club. The suggestion would not get very fair with Mrs. Chitown.....
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    I lived in Chicago for a year in my early 20s, and I still go there for fun several times a year. It's a great place for young singles or couples. I never gave a thought to strip clubs or the lack thereof while I was there. There's too many other things to do, and I'd probably miss out on a lot if strip clubs sucked me away. Same goes for Boston and New York, even though NYC had some wild clubs when I lived there, I just wasn't interested in them. I even half regret that my only trip to San Francisco was near entirely devoted to the strip clubs there, as great as they were. If I ever get back, I'll want to catch up on other attractions. runnoft: As for LA, it's such a huge metropolis there's bound to be something for everyone, and I don't think any single visit can give you a full picture of the strip clubs there. Besides, when I made a casual reference to "all the shitty LA clubs" here recently, lopaw testified for the defense most convincingly.
  • FunSeeker
    19 years ago
    Wichita, KS. Why? 3 or 4 bikini bars not even worth mentioning. Jezebel's - expensive dances, mostly air or one way contact. Michelle's Beach House - $25/song lasting an average of 2.5 minutes, and done out in the open with no seperate area. Pleasure's - better deal depending on the dancer. Very dirty restroom.
  • FunSeeker
    19 years ago
    All the Wichita clubs have customary tip-walks, after the dancers danced on the stage. Asking for and collecting tips from each of the patrons. This can be very annoying. Because, we asked to tip unfriendly, ugly and arrogant dancers too! When we don't tip such dancers, they get upset, angry or dissappointed.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Chitown, I don't think I've ever been in a strip club in Chicago. In fact I've spent very little time there. Probably the best time I ever had there was once when I was snowed in for 3 days in a hotel that was half a block from the Playboy Club. I got to shoot a lot of pool that week with some very cute ladies. Some of the Playboy Clubs used to be fun.
  • runnoft
    19 years ago
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned LA. I was out there a couple of months ago and all the clubs seem to be pretty much no touch. They even have to keep their tops on during private dances. I heard they have some nude clubs that are slightly better, but the VIP dances are $50 each!! On the plus side, it is a fairly short drive to Tijuana!
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Flint is actually a good city (for clubs). I used to like the Men's Club and especially Nathan J's before they tried to turn it into a gentleman's club, but I know both strippers and customers who like it as much as most Detroit clubs. However, there's nothing worth a shit north of Flint or west of Lansing.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    "Guess that tells us why Chitown left." It sure as hell didn't help!
  • whatevergong82
    19 years ago
    Anyplace North of Detroit in Michigan, ie Flint or Saginaw. Flint and Saginaw offer full nude clubs, but no alcohol is served, there is limited touching, and the girls are usually about a 6 on average (and I'm being kind!!) If you're in Michigan, go to the Flight Club in Inkster, right near Metro Airport. The dancers are nearly as pretty as the ones in Vegas and Texas, but the worst you'll get usually from the dancers is tits in your mouth to suck on and an outside the pants hand job.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    I've worked in Chicago a number of times, never had a chance to check ut any clubs. Sounds like I made the right decision.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Sounds to me like there's a consensus emerging around Chicago (limiting our quest to major cities, as there are a ton of shitty smaller cities.) Guess that tells us why Chitown left.
  • LonelyExec
    19 years ago
    Chicago sucks... 8 million people and a few lame clubs with many restrictions
  • T-Bone
    19 years ago
    In my experience - DC sucks the worst.
  • T-Bone
    19 years ago
    ...followed by Chicago.
  • chandler
    19 years ago
    Within the city limits, Chicago only has the Admiral Theatre and a couple of other no touch clubs, a pitifully small number for the nation's third largest city. Grand Rapids has a 3 or 4 lame, zero touch clubs and none anywhere nearby in a metropolitan area of a half million. Ann Arbor doesn't have any strip clubs, but it has a huge campus of hot young talent to draw from.
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    More bad cities Albany NY Syracuse NY Richmond VA Roanoke VA Montgomery AL
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    As someone who lives in GA, I am torn by the clubs in ATL. Total nude is certainly an attraction. But compared to other places, the clubs in ATL are boring.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I'm wondering if the cities that are bad strip club towns make up for it by having more of something else like hookers or massage parlors, or even legitimate clubs. Or do they tent to be poor across the board entertainment- wise?
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    Pittsburgh does suck. Liberty Avenue used to be a redlight district of the same par as the Combat Zone or Times Square. Alas, it was cleaned up and now all you get are pastie clubs inside the city. A short drive outside the city limits things change apparently. DC does suck, but at least there is the mitigating factor of a full bar to go with your full nudity. What contact is available is either under the table or OTC and while tolerated to different extents in different clubs officially forbidden.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I think we have to limit this to the city itself because almost all bad cities have something good nearby.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    SC: I've been to Platinum Plus a couple of times. There isn't any contact aside from an occasional boob across the face but it's nice place for what it is. Beautiful girls and a good atmosphere. It's got a topless donut shop out front which I've never been to but I'm sure it's an interesting way to have your morning coffee.
  • minnow
    19 years ago
    I'll second the sentiments expressed for Cincy, Orlando, Jacksonville, and Denver. Technically, I'll add St Louis, and Oakland CA to list. Neither CITY has a strip club. However, if you specify an indigenous metro area, neither would be a total zero, as the former has some great clubs a stone throw across the river in ESL, the later must drive 10-15 miles to SF.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Sounds to me like we have disagreement on whether places like DC and Atlanta that offer total nudity but no contact are good or bad. Aren't there places that allow neither nudity nor contact that have them all beat?
  • Doverman
    19 years ago
    Yoda: Yep, I've been north to NH, VT, and ME and yes they do suck. My current home allows me more trips to the southern tier of New England, so I'm a much happier sc'er.
  • travelingthrough
    19 years ago
    Officer: Charlotte isn't a bad city, it just pales in comparison to the cities around it. I find better places to spend my money in South Carolina, and in other cities in North Carolina. Most of the smaller clubs in Charlotte are too hit and miss for me, while the bigger ones are mostly Gentleman's clubs with poor dances. (I'm more of a local dive fan.) I've had fun in Charlotte clubs, but that has happened less often than I would care for.
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    Jacksonville FL Atlanta Chattanooga TN Raleigh NC Charleston SC Savannah GA AUGUSTA GA Birmingham AL
  • Officer
    19 years ago
    I have to disagree with shadowcat. I love the Atlanta clubs--all nude, all alcohol---only 10% of all clubs in the US are like that. The worst is probably Salt Lake City--full bikinis required and all clubs and bars require an expensive membership, which costs $25-35 just to get in the door. I agree that Virginia, where I live, also sucks. I drive 50-60 miles to West Virginia because the clubs there are all nude, all alcohol. I disagree that Charlotte, NC is a bad city--there are some very nice, entertaining topless clubs there.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    Doverman: You will see pigs fly out of Mayor Tom Menino's ass before you see a strip club in the financial district in downtown Boston. As you move west and south of Boston the clubs are competing with RI and CT. However they manage to do it, these clubs have been allowed to offer some fairly liberal contact in open areas and over the top stuff in VIP rooms. If you travel north the clubs still suck-since there is little competition in NH, ME or VT.
  • ArtCollege
    19 years ago
    Don't bother in Boise. The thing about Wash. DC is that clientele should be great--lots of out-of-towners with money in their pockets. Clubs outside the area may be OK, but I never rent a car when I'm in town. Anything good in the outskirts that's accessible by Metro?
  • Doverman
    19 years ago
    Massachusetts is kinda funny... the further away from Boston you get, the better clubs seem to be. I think if someone could build a good upscale club in Boston's Financial District it could be a gold mine. Is it politics that keeps this from happening?
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    Pittsburgh is pretty lame, but you don't have to go very far outside city limits to find some very good clubs. PA is funny, there are some really good clubs in Philly and some really good ones out in the boonies, but the clubs in smaller cities (except for Erie) are all pretty terrible. Harrisburg is probably the worst. Makes you wonder why local politics are tough on clubs in some towns and don't care at all in others.
  • Ewe
    19 years ago
    In Ohio Cincy is by far the worst of all of them. Only a lame and tame "Deja Vu" nude club that is all air. Seem like the people in Cincy are back in time or something. Columbus,Ohio is the BEST city in OHIO for clubbing. Sirens, Kahoots, and Dockside Dolls are the best in the city and in the state of Ohio.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    Dandy Dan, if you find yourself in the KC area, go west about 30 miles to Olathe/Lawrence. You'll find about five clubs that are just fine.
  • Yoda
    19 years ago
    FONDL: I'm pretty sure I said Massachusetts has improved. Boston still sucks and most likely always will.
  • travelingthrough
    19 years ago
    Charlotte has its fair share of clubs, they just aren't worth going to if you want anything better than air dances. (It may only seem to be sooo bad because it pales in comparison to nearby South Carolina clubs.)
  • Doverman
    19 years ago
    What do I think of Denver..... not much.
  • JC2003
    19 years ago
    Orlando is the worst city in Florida, with Jacksonville a close second. The clubs near Pensacola and Panama City are no good as well. Hawaii sucks for clubbing, at least in Waikiki. The women working Kalakaua Ave. are better looking than the ones in the clubs, all of which are clip joints.
  • lawfive
    19 years ago
    My hometown of Cincy (so far to the facist right it almost faces back to the left) offers next to nothing. There's a Deja Vu, all air of course, and nothing else. For even a mild good time, one must drive 45 minutes to Lawrenceburg or Dayton.
  • ShotDisc
    19 years ago
    Orlando Entire state of VA Knoxville TN Charlotte NC
  • DandyDan
    19 years ago
    As far as I'm concerned, Minneapolis sucks. That might be the clubs I went to there, however. Kansas City isn't worth it, either. On the other hand, Chicago probably is the worst city. I'm curious as to what anyone thinks of Denver, if anything.
  • messaround
    19 years ago
    Cleveland has a few clubs - the little known Executive Den east of downtown right off of I90 is probably the best - grinding and minimal groping most of the time - Akron clubs have more mileage lower quality
  • lousybuck
    19 years ago
    Northern VA and DC.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I agree that DC clubs are pretty lame, but at least you have total nudity. There are plenty of cities that don't even allow that. How about Minneapolis? I've never heard anyone mention any clubs there, are there any?
  • Doverman
    19 years ago
    Minneapolis has some good places, some decent places, and some dives. The girls in general are good looking, but the mileage is never that good.
  • Doverman
    19 years ago
    I hate the rules in Washington D.C. Plenty of clubs, but the crazy laws make it almost impossible to have any fun. Fortunately, once you get out of the district you can find a better time.
  • AbbieNormal
    19 years ago
    I'd have to say the entire state of Virginia seems pretty bad.
  • chitownlawyer
    19 years ago
    I practiced in Chicago for a few years, and I thought it was terrible. I think that it is a function of a couple of things--- 1. Overreaction to the organized crime in the twenties and thirties, leading to a very strict municipal code re stripping. 2 Zealous investigation and prosecution of police corruption in the seventies and eighties. With the fall of the last domino (Sending a quarter of the city's judges to jail in the mid eighties), Chicago really is a clean city, and I don't think that enough money can change hands to "grease the skids" for sc's as in other cities.
  • FONDL
    19 years ago
    I have a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    For a minute there, I thought that FONDL was back.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion