tuscl

Can not be this dumb

alkdesmo
California
Monday, June 24, 2013 8:37 PM
I was chatting with a dancer I'm friendly with this past weekend when the topic of traveling came up. I asked her where she'd like to go if she had the opportunity, and she said Italy. Since I've been there quite recently, I gave her a couple of suggestions about locations and the like. It was pretty clear from her questions that she hadn't traveled much, let alone internationally. The killer question was when she asked me how one got there, as in whether you could drive there or if you'd have to fly. We were in California. After taking a moment to realize she was serious, I informed her that it was pretty far from California to Italy and there was an ocean in between the U.S. and Europe so she'd have to fly. She's a really sweet girl and super cute so I didn't want to offend her by laughing in her face, but in my mind I was thinking that she was destined to be a stripper for the rest of her life. Before this conversation, I wouldn't have thought that you could be this dumb, but I guess that's what happens when you don't finish school.

26 comments

• SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Geography has never been a subject mastered by hot chicks.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I had one tell me that she thought there was a canal between California and Mexico. I didn't waste my time telling her differently.:)
  • GoVikings
    11 years ago
    What did she say or how did she respond after you told her there's an ocean between the US and Europe? I've never been outside of the USA, but I'd also go to Italy if I could choose. It would be hard to make up my mind between Italy or Brazil. BRAZILIAN WOMEN, OMG!!! :D
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    " I wouldn't have thought that you could be this dumb, but I guess that's what happens when you don't finish school" There are a lot of people who graduate who probably might NOT be able to tell where Italy is & how you would have to get there. People's knowledge of Geography these days is appalling. They don't learn it properly in school or don't learn it at ALL!
  • alkdesmo
    11 years ago
    It took her a while to process what it meant that there was an ocean in between continents, but after a few moments she was like "that makes sense" when I explained how far it was from California to Italy. She also asked me how you would pay for stuff in Italy. I told her that they had ATMs and used credit cards just like in the U.S. In retrospect, I can probably let that part slide since, given her line of work, she might just deal with straight cash transactions and might not actually have a credit card.
  • Alucard
    11 years ago
    Most dancers that I've had financial business talks with have no bank accounts & have ABSOLUTELY no credit. All cash on the barrelhead.
  • dallas702
    11 years ago
    OTOH, About 15 year ago I was in Italy, in a small village near Pisa, having a breakfast conversation with two young women (Unfortunately, they just happened to be sitting at the next table when I ordered - instead of a more intimate connection). BOTH of these women were clueless about international travel and monetary exchange. They both had credit cards but didn't know people in other countries could get them too! They were surprised that banks would take Lira (I was there just before the Euro became the common currency) and give Pounds or Marks or Dollars. Since my Italian was somewhat limited, I didn't even try to explain different exchange rates. These women did know all about the club scene in Pisa and several other cities. When music came up they knew every band, every song and even the names of band members (if the band had toured in Italy).
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    There are fewer women than men who are interested in geography. I knew a stripper who didn't know the difference between a Mexican and a South American. But she bought a salvage boat for cheap and knew how to fix it up and make it water-tight again. I don't know how to do that. If she thought I was stupid for learning where Italy was before learning how to repair a boat, there'd be a certain logic to that.
  • mjx01
    11 years ago
    Sigh. The one's with no other life skill(s) beyond being born with a holy grail between their legs are surprisingly hard to tolerate.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Nearly as bad ad txtittyfan's "knowledge" of finance or the jestie-girl's "knowledge" of history.
  • Experimental
    11 years ago
    I've had similar experiences. I was surprised the first time but since then I've met so many that think the basic act of owning a hooptie is the high life, it no longer phases me. I've also met strippers that can recount tales of adventure in thailand or hosteling around europa soooo it all evens out.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    The ignorance of some strippers is appalling. After getting back from Paris, I was chatting with a dancer friend and told her I had seen Napoleon's tomb. She said, "Who's Napoleon?" I don't expect dancers to be history majors, but I would expect high school graduates to recognize the names of great figures in history like Napoleon.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    I haven't been outside the US, and other than a week or two here and there, haven't really been outside the Midwest, but I know enough about geography. But the thing about geography is that a good portion of humanity, not just the stripper population, is clueless about it. My personal favorite uninformed stripper geography story is I was at the Lamplighter in Ottawa, Illinois, a couple hours away from Chicago, and I told the stripper I was going to Chicago the next day, and she wanted to know where Chicago was. Gee, with the Chicago stations on the TV there, you'd think they might figure it out that Chicago's close.
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    A recent survey found that more than 1/2 the recent "high school graduates" could not pick out the US on a globe or map of the world and the soviet state of California was in the top ten dumbest. That is what we get for not preventing the 60's reject-retard protesters from going into teaching were once they get tenure do nothing. Please note I grew up in the 60's and as a teenager thought they were reject-retards to lazy to get a job and I was correct.
  • ime
    11 years ago
    In college after a very hot girl who was about to graduate that year "convinced" me her tits were real by showing them to me and asking me to touch them to confirm. She told me her spring break plans were to drive to Jamaica, and it would be easy because she didn't need a passport because it was the the 51st State.
  • Dougster
    11 years ago
    Had a stripper tell me that antibiotics are used to treat viral infections like a cold. When I told her that wasn't right, she told me she should know because she was in nursing school. I told she was still wrong, and she to "prove" her point she told me about a cold she had, how she took some antibiotics and it went away. I asked her if that was just a placebo affect... She had no idea what that was.
  • azdd
    11 years ago
    I can't remember which movie it's from, but I always liked the quote "Body by Fisher, Brains by Mattell!" I had a convo recently with a dancer that I consider to be quite intelligent. She runs a couple of independent businesses in addition to dancing, and seems fairly competent at it. I made a joke about the favorite President of every stripper being Benjamin Franklin. She didn't seem to get it, so I finally said, you know FrAnklin was never President, right? She said she was always better t math than history...,.,
  • magicrat
    11 years ago
    "...The one's with no other life skill(s) beyond being born with a holy grail between their legs ....." Great line mjx!
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    if it's not cheerleading or being a video vixen, why do hot blondes need to know about geography. That has nothing to do with being stimulatingly sexy.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I saw a blonde dancer once with big bolt ons and a shirt that says I wish these were brains. If some dancers were just a little bit smarter they would wish the same
  • Tiredtraveler
    11 years ago
    Obama stated in a campaign stop in Oregon that he had been to 57 states and had one to go! You elected this Dumbass Chicago Criminal. I learned there were 50 states in 1st grade. I guess he missed that because he was in muslim school in Jakarta. The douchebag supposedly graduated from Harvard, can anyone say cheated his way though. [view link]
  • Ermita_Nights
    11 years ago
    SC, I once had a Canadian tell me she wanted to take a canal boat trip across the US. Like from coast to coast. She wasn't a stripper as far as I know.
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I do remember having some conversations about flying (for business trips) with dancers and I have often heard that they have never flown anywhere. Then I run into a dancer who wants to go to Vegas before I know it. Some don't travel by air, some do. Of course I think all the dancers I meet from other countries know where their countries are located. Maybe they still teach geography in my area. I don't know.
  • yndy
    11 years ago
    Geography is one of my favorite topics. I learned about this when I first visited the "Land of Enchantment" in 1997. [view link] New Mexico Magazine has a monthly compilation of stories about Americans who don't know that New Mexico is a U.S. state. The editor, Walter Lopez, talks with Lynn Neary about the bank tellers, cell phone providers and ticketing agents who tell New Mexicans that they reside in another country.
  • rickdugan
    11 years ago
    It just makes an older, educated guy look snarky and insecure when he feels the need to bolster his own feelings of self worth by lording it over the young and generally under-educated women who work in this business. And as unsophisticated as some of them may be, they know enough to get you to hand over your money to them, no? ;)
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    57 states, huh? Was one of those Heinz?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion