tuscl

Amateur nights

So, i've been seeing some amateur nights pop up for certain clubs. my question for this is, what makes them an amateur? the strippers that work at the club aren't professionals. they are just workers. how does a fellow amateur contestant, a judge, or the operator of the club/contest know if they aren't a high money earning stripper from another club that is far away? for instance, a stripper that earns 30 or more dollars on a stage show each dance, gets lap dances almost continuously all night, and is the most popular girl in a san diego club. she comes to a COI club and tries to go for the amateur 1st place prize, when she very well knows she has an advantage. who is to stop this?

13 comments

• shadowcat
    11 years ago
    You're correct in your assumptions. Nothing to stop them and I sure it goes on. Just another reason I don't go out of my way to see one.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    I do amateur contests whenever I can (and I'm certainly no amateur) and often take 1st place. So, to answer your question ... Nothing can stop it. Muahahahahahaha *evilly rubs hands together*
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I was at “King of Diamonds” (KOD) last Saturday night.

KOD is a very large and upscale black SC here in Miami – lots of rappers visit and perform there and also a lot of pro athletes visit.

On weekends; KOD is more of an event or a party rather than a hardcore SC. One will see many women customers; often in large groups; visiting.

It seems to be a KOD tradition of sorts for a female customer whose birthday it is to get called on stage; along with her female buddies; and they dance to the music while custies make it rain on them.

The DJ will try to egg the girls in the birthday group (or the birthday girl) to take it off.

Last Sat. night, a birthday girl and her female “entourage” got on stage. The DJ started egging the girls to take it off – two of them stripped down butt ass naked – no bottoms or anything (one of them was not even wearing any shoes). I thought it was fun and sexy as hell seeing what I presumed to be amateurs going buck wild. But it made me wonder if the girls in the birthday entourage that got butt naked were really part of the birthday entourage or if they may have been ringers?
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    Amateur nights are contests where other club's dancers compete to win a prize offered up by the club holding the contest. For the one club I visit which has one, the only way to get hired on under normal circumstances is to participate in its amateur night, which occurs twice a month there. It's easier to have an amateur night than to have to have a formal audition for the large number of dancers who wish to work there. Of course, that doesn't stop there from being real amateurs in them.
  • gatorfan
    11 years ago
    First prize in a amateur stripper contest

money?
    a job?
    box of condoms?
  • sclvr5005
    11 years ago
    Amateur contests that I have seen weren't really contests. They were a way for seasoned strippers to see if they wanted to dance at the club that holds the contest. Usually the "contest" was just an audition for most of them. Every single contestant was already a stripper. Its a joke that everybody behind the scenes appears to be in on.
  • Estafador
    11 years ago
    Never went out of my way for amatuer night. Even if all that you guys said about it being a farce is a lie, why would I want to see girl give pathetic dances and turn me off. I'm there to see good provacotive dancers, or at the very least, someone that knows what their doing. Though even if "amatuers" did put on good shows, their just girls. Its just another day with different dancers. Nothing special
  • sharkhunter
    11 years ago
    I do enjoy seeing hot girls getting naked up on stage especially if I haven't seen them before. I don't care if they are a dancer from somewhere else. When Platinum plus had amateur night on Saturday night, I saw some real amateurs. I know one girl who won or was runner up who must have weighed more than me was an amateur. No way could I imagine her working as a dancer. I think many cheered for her because they thought it was funny that she could win. If a 200 pound plus girl could win, just about anyone could. I wonder if that's why they moved the contest away from the weekend. Too many non routine visitors. Probably not but I don't know.
  • crazyjoe
    11 years ago
    I was at a club once while an amature nite was going on and a 300 pound hunga got up and...lets just say it was naaaasty and not in a good way
  • bang69
    11 years ago
    a lot of strippers/dancers end up dancing after amateur night. the win money & a job. I'm sure at a club like Lady Godivas in Greenville. They would win a box of condom's & trip to the local std clinic
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    11 years ago
    DandyDan and Sclvr said it best. Amateur nights:

1. Give a club an opportunity to have different dancers appear for variety, rather than the club's own house dancers.

2. Are one means of auditioning dancers.

a.) They could be actual amateurs seeking employment as strippers.
    b.) They could be presently employed at other clubs. The club holding the contest won't care. They just want to get entrants for the contest.
    c.) Some clubs do require dancers to audition during the amateur contests. If a dancer comes into a club asking for a job, some club managers might ask her specifically to audition during the contest, even though the club will grant audtions at other time. That might be for strategic reasons.

3. Can be fixed.

A recent thread on Amateur Nights was posted by Gawker on May 13th. See:
    https://www.tuscl.net/postread.php?PID=2…
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    One other thing, at the one club whose amateur contest I am familiar with, it doesn't matter whether you win a prize in their contest. You only have to be in it and they give you a token you have to use before the next contest in order to be a house dancer there.
  • ilbbaicnl
    11 years ago
    One club local to me advertises a monthly amateur contest. But there has to be at least 3 contestants, so it's very hit or (mostly) miss that it actually happens.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion