tuscl

Whale spotting...

Monday, April 29, 2013 4:41 PM
"Thar she blows!" Or more acurately "He" because in the vast majority of cases the whale is likely to be male not female but being savvy veterians you knew that already didn't you. Last night I was at Baby Dolls in Dallas and I struck up a conversation with a very delightful youg lady named Rio who was just finishing her last set on the 7th stage of the rotation and as she walked to the dressing room to "tidy up" she promised to come and meet me for a drink and some 1:1 time but alas she never made it back because low and behold she got caught up by a whale who was visiting the club and buying up all the talent. Now this wasn't your common everyday species of whale mind you. No, this was your "rich and famous" variety and on this particular occasion his name was Pauly Shore (raise your hand if you remember him) and he was intent on gathering a harem last night so I lost out. But lest you think I was undone I am happy to report that I rather quickly recovered and found another PYT who escaped the dragnet to occupy my time and accept my crisp green bills. That is the second time in the last 5 years that I've been in a club while a "rich and famous" whale harvested talent, the previous time being Jay Jenkins (aka Young Jeezy) at Cheeta's in Atlanta. So the question is how about you? Have you ever been in the presence of greatness at your favorite club? If so tell us about it...

40 comments

• deogol
    11 years ago
    I would hardly call Pauly Shore great, but point taken.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    Ever time I walk in
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    The only famous person I recall seeing in a SC was also at Baby Dolls Dallas – it was Dennis Rodman and this was about 4 years ago (he was already retired from the NBA). Dennis was very low keyed and just sitting talking to a pretty bleached blonde – actually I noticed her talking and him just listening politely. There were two older white guys in suits sitting by Dennis which I assume where some sort of business managers? Dennis didn’t seem to be there long since I did not see him again the rest of the night.
  • JuiceBox69
    11 years ago
    No but for real it was almost rick ross down in charlette NC
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Yeah – I’m kind of surprised Pauly was able to hoard up, and afford, all that talent. I don’t necessarily keep up with what is going on in entertainment, but what has he done in the last few years? Although his family/parents may have $$$ - I “think” I heard his parents owned the comedy store in LA or something like that?
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Actually I do recall another instance of a Dallas Cowboys football player but I didn’t know who he was – I think it may have been some kind of backup receiver or something. It was in black dive in Arlington, TX (Hardbodies) around 2007 or so. I was in the back LD room when the football dude came in w/ his posse. None of them were getting dances but all the dancers were hovering around him and the posse since football dude ordered a bottle or two – guess the dancers wanted to get their free drink on?
  • 23cambyman
    11 years ago
    John Abraham at Platinum Plus Columbia and Follies in Atlanta
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Magic Johnson came back home to Lansing. My former ATF stuck with me all night. She knew she could bank more from me than fight with 20 other girls for a piece of the pie.
  • sinclair
    11 years ago
    Motorhead, weren't the strippers afraid of getting HIV from Magic Johnson? I saw Allen Iverson in a Denver club back when he played for the Nuggets.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    "Whale spotting" Something that happens to fat girls after their period ends
  • MondoGoGo
    11 years ago
    @deogol, agreed. I had no idea that he was still active but I found this at "[view link]" Pauly Shore is an actor and comedian whose net worth is $15 million. Pauly Shore earned his net worth through his performances in films, as well as producing, directing, writing and starring in his own mockumentary and a film about him adopting a child from Africa. He was born in Hollywood, California. His family has owned the world famous Comedy Store on Sunset Blvd in Hollywood for decades.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Sinclair - no I guess not. But not many extras at that club.
  • jackslash
    11 years ago
    Once I was in a club and some dancers began twittering and pointing out someone famous. I asked who it was, and they said Danny Bonaduce. I asked who the hell was that. They said he had been on TV. He did not look very impressive.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    You don't know Danny Bonaduce? He's a cultural icon [view link]
  • Player11
    11 years ago
    No never saw one except one time at Ricks South years ago when a rich dude came in put three tables together and girls filled them up.
  • mmdv26
    11 years ago
    Evil Knievel sat at the stage with a few bodyguard type guys sitting around him. He politely tipped the dancers as they showed him everything they had to offer real close up. He didn't get any dances as far as I know - the pain he would experience from the contact would probably be too much...
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I know John Abraham, #55 Falcons, is a regular at Follies and I know that my favorite table is also his. One of my buddies had to give up the table for him at the request of the club management. That hasn't happened to me yet but I am not gonna give it up that easily. As for Atlanta Cheetah, you didn't lose a thing. The club is strictly for eye candy. Even the dancers can't make much money there.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Evil Knievel - that's cool Always hear about athletes and rappers and second tier actors like Pauly Shore, Andy Dick, Jeremy Piven, and guys like that but Mr. EK, that's cool
  • rh48hr
    11 years ago
    Pauly Shore was never even mediocre. He would have had to work really hard to get to that level. But no one said you had to be good to make money.
  • duomaxwell
    11 years ago
    @motorhead - I don't know why, but I've always been under the impression that Andy Dick was gay.
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    I think he claims to be bi.
  • DandyDan
    11 years ago
    My one and only time in Brad's Brass Flamingo in Indy was noted for the presence of some member of the Indianapolis Colts, or so I was told, but I'd be hard pressed to name who it was. I doubt it was Peyton Manning, that don't seem like his kind of club.
  • RossVa
    11 years ago
    Mike Tyson at the Vegas Rhino.
  • Timbuck12
    11 years ago
    I've seen John Abraham at Follies many times, and spoke to him a couple times as well. Very nice, polite guy---hope the Falcons find a way to bring him back next year. I also saw comedian Ron White once at Oasis during the dayshift. One of the dancers told me later that he always goes for dancers that are a little redneck-ish and trashy, so I guess he knows how to play to his base.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    The only whale I ever saw was Minnow.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Once saw this poor cross-eyed bastard handing out t-shirts at PP Cola,sap said "I always get 2 fer 1's.
  • shadowcat
    11 years ago
    I saw a 52 yo man still living with his mother.
  • MondoGoGo
    11 years ago
    @RossVA I ran into Mike Tyson in Dulles Airport one time (One of his ex-wives Monica Turner lives in Potomac MD)and was really surprised at how short he is. He was traveling alone and toting his own bag. I said hi and he responded in turn but he wasn't interested in talking to me so I left him alone. This was well after his downfall but I wouldn't fuck with him even if you paid me cause you can still see he has the means to take your head off if he wanted to.
  • minnow
    11 years ago
    t-dice- I don't think we've been in the same club. I have yet to visit PP-Columbia. MGG- I haven't spotted any famous whales, but a "ball froster" happened at Baby Dolls Dallas. I was barely into introductory chat with a hottie passing by, when waitress broke in whispering something in dancers ear. Dancer excused herself- saying that someone wanted her for VIP. This was a gray area in that I hadn't consumated a deal with dancer (yet). Kind of like getting kicked out of a hotel room you were getting ready to rent. I could understand/shrug off interested party taking dancer before I could get a word in, but being cut out in this manner sucked. I "recovered" from this snub by bailing, and going to the Lodge.
  • tumblingdice
    11 years ago
    Damn those faster rats.
  • SlickSpic
    11 years ago
    Adelita's, TJ, and one of the Arellano's came in and bought everything. A real whale, a KILLER WHALE. Those rappers and athletes make bank and act tough, but cartel dudes are NOT to be messed with. I was cool and ended up getting a cutie for free. Interesting experience. Probably will never happen again. In the States, no whale hooks up an unknown with anything. In TJ, make a drug lord laugh, and you get action. Khan!
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Last night I saw Greg Oden at Club Rouge in Portland. For those who don't know, Greg Oden was the number one pick in the 2007 NBA draft. He had a bunch of injuries and he wasn't in the NBA for that long. He is considered one of the biggest busts in NBA history.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I remember Greg Oden from when he played at Ohio State and came out as a freshman – he was teammates with current Memphis point guard Mike Conley and they had a really good team. Did you notice Greg getting any dances or spending $$$?
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Greg Oden wasn't spending any money or getting any dances. He was just posted up at the bar the whole time I was there.
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    Was Greg alone? With some buddies? Or with an entourage? (if he’s out of the league I imagine he can’t afford an entourage these days?)
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    So Greg Oden didn't score any dancer pussy. Kind of like his NBA career
  • Papi_Chulo
    11 years ago
    I don’t think Greg can get any dances b/c of his bad knees :)
  • motorhead
    11 years ago
    Greg Oden and Mike Conley were high school teammates at Lawrence North High School in Indianapolis where they won 3 consecutive state titles. They both went together to Ohio State. It was rumored that Ohio State only offered Conley a scholarship as an incentive to get his friend Oden to committ also. The ironic thing is that Conley has turned out to be a better NBA player.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    @Papi- Oden was with a couple of friends. I hear the Miami Heat are interested in adding him to their team next year. If he can play it will be a good addition because the Heat need a big man.
  • Clackport
    11 years ago
    Slow couple of days of TUSCL, I thought I'd bring back some enjoyable threads. Anyone got any other whales they've spotted?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion