tuscl

Pickpockets at Inner Room in Cocoa Beach

GooberMan
Florida
Friday, December 14, 2012 2:23 PM
I posted this review in the appropriate section but it bothered me enough to want to discuss it with others here. Before I entered the Inner Room on a Friday afternoon, I stopped at my local bank ATM to get $100 cash (five $20 bills) to avoid the ripoff ATM fees charged at non-customer ATMs, especially in clubs. When I checked my wallet, I had that plus at least another $20 bill in the "high" side of my two-sided wallet with a few dollars in small bills on the "low" side. I am writing this review as a warning to others of possible pickpockets at the Inner Room. I have not visited the Inner Room in quite a while. Tessa, an old favorite from back in the day, is still there. Tessa greeted me warmly before leaving me for break. I was wearing dark gym shorts and a dark polo shirt with short white athletic socks and white jogging shoes. I stopped at the bar and ordered a $3.25 Diet Pepsi toward the two drink minimum, breaking a $10 bill from the "low" side of my wallet. I left three quarters as a bar tip and pocketed the remaining $5 and $1 bills in the "low" side of my wallet. I did not check but I am sure at the time that my supply of $20 bills I had withdrawn earlier remained still in the "high" side of my wallet. Tessa returned from break and took me to the back bench for some dances. As I have done many times, I removed my wallet and my keys from my pockets for comfort and placed them on the adjacent table in my own plain sight. Tessa expressed worry about leaving them on the table and placed them on the bench next to us with her removed dress. Dances at the Inner Room are still $10 and I had promised to purchase four dances. She did a fine job as usual. Upon completion, we noticed that the wallet had fallen behind the bench. When I opened it, the entire "high" side of my wallet was empty! In fact, even the "low" side only had the $6 in change I had earlier placed there. I swear I recall having other $1 bills on that side as well at the bar. Tessa freaked as much as I did. Whether she was the culprit or not remains a mystery. She swears she had nothing to do with it. I gave her the benefit of the doubt, withdrew cash from the ripoff ATM, paid her the $40 owed, and left. In my many years of strip clubbing, I have never, ever had anything like this happen to me. I am not a happy camper right now. My unhappiness explains why I rated this club a "1" in terms of monetary value, i.e. "Broke before you sit down." I still cannot determine exactly when and where the money vanished. But I guess that is why they call them "pickpockets."

32 comments

• tenisbum1776
    12 years ago
    That's a bum deal man. I always keep my wallet in my back pocket when getting a dance but I do put keys, cell phones and the like on a table for added "frontal" comfort. I'd say it's likely the lady was involved. She was the one that had you move your wallet to a location of her suggestion. Kinda reminds me of a story from my home club, one of the dancers has told me that she has had her money stolen by a customer while dancing on the stage. It's always the same. The money disappears while she is at the other end of the dance runway, there is nothing on the camera film and the guy who was sitting next to her purse runs out of the club when the commotion starts. She's told me the exact same story the last three times I've been in the place only varying the dollar amount; ranging from $300 to $1300. Then comes the worry about not being able to make rent or buy food, then comes the request for some private dances. Either she is the most careless girl with her money or this is just one of the stories in her repertoire of SS.
  • GooberMan
    12 years ago
    I did a Google search and found [view link] which reports of dancers picking pockets during lap dances at Inner Room from summer of 2011. So I guess I have been scammed by a dancer I once trusted. Is nothing sacred? Oh, wait, I need to remember that this is a STRIP CLUB. Still, it is disillusioning for sure considering all the good memories and positive experiences I previously had there years earlier. Lesson learned: Trust NO ONE in this business, leave your valuables locked in your car hidden in a safe place, and store your car key in one shoe and your cash in the other!
  • wwpmi
    12 years ago
    I had a dancer at the IR appear to be drunk and while she was massaging the boys with one hand hand her other hand was deep in my pocket. I had shorts on with very deep pockets. At first I thought "wow what a great technique, both hands outside the pants but one closer then the other". Then I realized what she was doing and grabbed her hand and pulled it out with nothing in it. She sober up real quick and demanded her dance money and left. Weird experiance. I have been to IR many times and never had anything like that. Stay alert and sober.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Well; having any amount of $$$ stolen is upsetting – but I would imagine there have been guys that have had a lot more than $100 stolen. Your story also reminds me of one time I got ROBed out of 200 smacks – this was approx 5 years ago in a black dive in Ft. Worth, TX (lived in Dallas at the time). It was a Fr. night and I’d had a very rough week. I got to the SC about 11:00 p.m. and was pretty tired and sleep deprived from a rough week at work. I had $200 in one pocket and a smaller amount in the other pocket. I go into the SC, get frisked by this big black bouncer (all black SCs I’ve been to frisk at the door); and I sit near a stage. There is a really hot ebony on the stage right in front of me. I get up to tip her from my small cash pocket. She asks me if I want some LDs and I oblige. I get two or 3 LDs from her on a sofa in the LD area. I get up, reach into my high cash pocket, and it’s empty! I freak; and I am pissed. I give the dancer a look thinking she is the one that ripped me while I was in a venerable LD position. She genuinely seems concerned about my lost cash. She helps me look in b/w the cushions but nothing is found. The dancer knew I was extremely pissed and said to forget about the money for the dances (I had actually gotten dances from her in the past and she knew I spent well in the SC). Of course I had no prove she took the cash. So I went to the club’s ATM, got more money out, and paid her. I stayed for a short while longer but decided to leave. Thinking about the incident the next day, it occurred to me that it was probably the big black bouncer whom had frisked me at the door that took my cash. I wear thin black cotton pants similar to sweatpants to the SC and these pants have very lose and shallow pockets. I think it was very plausible the slick bouncer was the one who took my cash and me having been so tired on that night and having other things on my mind (like boobs and ass) – that I didn’t notice the bouncer’s move (but I do recall him touching around my pockets as always when one gets frisked). I subsequently went to that SC about 3 weeks later and ran into the same dancer. I told her that after thinking about it that I thought it may have been the bounder whom ripped me – she said “oh yeah – he was an asshole – he only worked here a few days and got fired” – she did not tell me why he got fired. I still visit black dives and still wear the same type of pants (they are great for LDs – both the pants and the black dives :)) – but now I hold my cash in my hand while I am being frisked at the entrance (I hold my cell phone in my hand and have my cash in b/w the cell and my palm) .
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    Never take your money out of your pocket except when paying. For comfort, I leave the wallet at home or in the car, and just take cash and driver's license into the club. If your front pockets are deep enough and are proper pockets, you can slide the bulge down and outward and it won't be in the way. You could use a back pocket but I prefer not to. And it's not much of a bulge if you only have a dozen bills plus license. I normally bring $200 to $600 in fifties or hundreds.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    Quicksandman, I'm glad you told us the details of what you were wearing at the time...it should help nab the culprit. Now are you certain you were wearing a dark POLO shirt and WHITE socks? That's very important to the case. Because if it was just, say, a t-shirt with black socks, that would change everything. So it's important to be real clear about it. Now, can you tell us what you had for lunch that afternoon?
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Maybe wearing a dark POLO shirt; WHITE socks; and gym shorts; is the reason he got ROBed. Just kidding sandman :)
  • GooberMan
    12 years ago
    We sometimes talk about what we wear on this list in terms of maximizing tactile payoffs from dances, hiding any busted nuts, and trying not to look too conspicuous, so I included those details for better or for worse.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    Okay, whatever... Now, more importantly, when EXACTLY was the last time you actually checked the high side of your wallet and saw the $100? None of this "I'm sure it was there", when did you ACTUALLY see it last? One reason I hate wallets is because the bills are just folded in there, no zipper closures or anything. Too easy to just fall out if the wallet gets unfolded. And I'm sure you searched up and down on the bench, floor, whatever when you discovered it gone? Seems like a perfect time for money to fall out of a wallet when it falls to the floor and unfolds.... I dunno, I just find it hard to believe a dancer would do that, especially if she was a long time dancer there. If she was gonna steal she would have done it long ago and would have been caught long ago. It only takes a few customers who were with the same dancer when their money became "lost" for people to realize who's the bitch.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    What do you prefer to a wallet, fanny pack?
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Lol
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    Y'know, the more I think about it and read your story, the more I'm convinced you screwed up and dropped the money somewhere. Look, it's not easy for someone to inconspicuously open your wallet and take money. Usually they'd just take the whole freakin' wallet, it's so much easier. Are you saying your dancer actually did a one-handed wallet manipulation during the dance, and emptied both pockets without you knowing about it? And then she somehow pocketed the bills somewhere on her semi-nude body? Hard to believe. I think you screwed up.
  • Joe from NJ
    12 years ago
    I have never been ripped off in the Inner Room. I also don't bring that much in with me, since dances are only $10, and there is no VIP.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Lol
  • GooberMan
    12 years ago
    With the wallet out of my immediate sight during the dance, and her able to lean over me with her hands on the bench near the wallet with her black dress on the bench, yes, it is possible for her to have done that and hidden the cash somewhere in the dress. I also admit it is possible though unlikely that the cash somehow fell from the wallet somewhere. She and I did search the club thoroughly with a flashlight after the loss. I just know for sure that I went straight from the bank to the Inner Room and had at least a $10 bill in my wallet to pay for the drink at the bar before going to the bench for dances. None of this matters now. The money is gone. I will use more care from start to finish in future club visits.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    Okay, but the problem is that it's really not very nice to imply there are pickpockets at a club unless you're like real certain. I have no allegiance to that club, never been there, probably never will, but it's a business and they're trying to make money, and if someone says stuff like that it's not good for business. And sure as hell not good for poor ol' Tess, who could be just a nice, sweet stripper who was in the wrong place at the wrong time. Hell, next time you go in there all the customers might spend the whole night on edge, twitching and frantically looking over their shoulders for possible thieves. BTW, did you try the 3rd grade teacher trick? Get on the PA and say we're gonna turn out all the lights, and whoever took the money just put it back and nobody will know.
  • GooberMan
    12 years ago
    No, but I will consider marking future bills with ultraviolet pens for that purpose, thanks. As for the rest, my earlier link provides corroborating evidence from others regarding pickpockets at that club. So I am not alone in my experience.
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    @jerikson- Omg! Youve really got me laughing
  • Revo
    12 years ago
    I am still stuck on the .75 cent tip.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Lol
  • GooberMan
    12 years ago
    The purpose of details like the $0.75 tip was to show the start and finish of where the money went. If somehow the initial wallet contents money fell to the bar floor while I waited for change from the $10 I gave the bartender, that might explain why exactly $6 remained in my wallet. That seems unlikely though not impossible. We inspected the bar floor and found no cash, so if it fell there, it is gone, baby, gone.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    Your just stupid. You took your wallet out your pocket? for what good reason did you do this for, so it wouldn't get in the way of a LD? AND you let HER put it to the side, with her dress over it. You sir, set your own self up. Common sense should have been taken in this situation. HOLD your own damn wallet or empty that shit out and keep only your stack of cash in your pants. OBVIOUSLY she had the PERFECT opportunity to rob you and you just let it happen. I hope you learn a lesson from all this.
  • GooberMan
    12 years ago
    Oh, yes, absolutely, Estafador. Yes, my shorts only had front pockets so I removed the wallet for comfort. Yes, I had done this in the past with this dancer with no impact. That was why the event shocked and disappointed me so much. Yes, I have absolutely learned my lesson as mentioned in an earlier post in this thread and wanted to share that lesson with others even more naive than I.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    "@jerikson- Omg! Youve really got me laughing" And you guys really think that having a stripper post here is really beneficial, and can provide some really awesome insights? As far as I can tell, the best she can come up with is snarky one liners and useless "I agree" posts that aren't worth shit.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    jerikson40: That's because you haven't been paying attention.
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    You're right jerikson. I dont need to post here anymore
  • rentz2
    12 years ago
    You tipped 75 cents?
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Seriously, Stiletto? You can put up with *Dougster*, but not jerikson?
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Why would the pickpocket take out the bills and leave the wallet? Seems far more efficient to steal the entire wallet.
  • Ermita_Nights
    12 years ago
    "Why would the pickpocket take out the bills and leave the wallet?" Maybe she could conceal the bills in her skimpy dress but not the wallet? Maybe she didn't want to be caught with the wallet if management searched her? But yes that seems fishy.
  • GooberMan
    12 years ago
    I am with Ermita_Nights in that she could more easily conceal (and explain) the possession of cash than a wallet with my identity all over it.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    If the dancer did it - yeah that makes sense. But I guess I was thinking of pickpockets in the club ( not dancers)
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion