tuscl

Niggers, Niggers, Niggers.

Saturday, December 1, 2012 10:42 PM
No I'm not talking about black people in general (of which I am one). But rather how much that word is a part of rap music, and by extension how much I have to endure hearing it strip clubs. I have already reached the point where I do not get dances from dancers who play that shit. And when those same dancers later come by and ask me for a dance, I let them know how I feel. One white girl was surprised to find out how I felt, and thought I was taking it too seriously. I then told her how would she feel if she heard a song where women were referred to as cunts. She then got up and walked away. Obviously its worse in clubs with a majority of black and mexicans dancers which features rap music. I just avoid those types of clubs. But hearing it in a club that builds itself as upscale is a bit disjointed.

41 comments

• mrrock
    12 years ago
    Yeah I don't care for it either. But I'm not much for rap anymore either. Haven't liked it since the early 90's. I much prefer rock. I can understand what you mean though.
  • police
    12 years ago
    the only places I hear it are black clubs....if it doesn't bother them, it certainly doesn't bother me
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Didn't like rap at first but now I do. Most tap they play in clubs is now "pop", but I like the harder stuff too now. Since you can't get any whiter than me, I think me liking it means the rap era is almost over.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Self-hatred big time
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    And the word cunt bothers you?
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    I eat your girl up for breakfast, Won't save you no extras. Say she fucking with me cause A real nigger is her preference.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    nick, I am right with you on this one, except that it now seems those that DON'T dance to that crap are becoming extinct. I'd have to give up clubs if I used that as a reason not to visit.
  • Estafador
    12 years ago
    choose your titles better
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I just tune it out. The dancer is a lot more important.
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    Amen
  • rell
    12 years ago
    i am a black man and i learned a word is a powerful and bothersome as you make it . that word used to hold so much weight with me then i realized why spend my energy being mad at a word thats never going away and let it get me upset when it has different meaning for other people..to go to the extent of having a conversation with a stripper about having that word in a song she plays just plain extreme to me
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    I hate the word, but I'm not going to not get a dance with someone over it being in the song. Many rap songs, even the ones in the early 90's referenced the word so I have tuned it out, its not going away unfortunately. Biggie Smalls and DJ Quik for example all had to redo their songs with the word in it for radio play and both had many popular radio play songs. But for "street cred" the word is in there on their original versions. Don't condone it, but it is the reality of the situation.
  • Hugh_G_Rection
    12 years ago
    50-something white guy here. I remember being extremely embarrassed once in an formerly mixed nude juice bar in Detroit which became an all-black club. The DJ started playing a song with the lyrics "..if you love my n-gg@s like I love my n-gg@s etc. etc". I was the only white face in the club and wondered how the hell I was supposed to react when everyone was stomping and clapping to that. Finished my drink and left when I might have gotten dances, I just didn't feel comfortable being around with the vibe that particular song created. So, yeah- I totally relate.
  • nickifree
    12 years ago
    Thanks and I appreciate all the comments. Perhaps its a generalization thing and growing up in a time of music that had very positive messages. I try to drown it out, but it is very difficult.
  • Otto22
    12 years ago
    I don't think the girls request that music and many clubs give the girls no control over what is played when they are on stage so I don't believe it is wise to try to punish them for lyrics of the songs. I do agree that many SC clubs play music with extremely crude lyrics.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    I prefer funk and soul over hip hop any day of the week - Sam Cooke, Otis, Sam & Dave, James Brown, I could go on... but there are some great rap songs. Take all the immatute snickering over the language aside, and this is some dark ass poetry. [view link]
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    Don't really see the point of this thread. ALL you ever do is complain. Every thread you make is whining/bitching about something. And, not getting a lap dance from a dancer because of what type of music she likes is STUPID
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I'm a 50's white guy and see the word used all the time by young black men (and women) on Facebook. (though usually spelled "nigga" or "niggarz" - as if that is supposed to make it right. It really disturbs me they disrespect the work done by Ralph Abernathy, James Meredith, Andrew Young and many many others. Have these kids opened a history book? I think to then, MLK, is just a name on a street sign, or a day off of school. I was just a kid, but wax old enough to watch the nightly news on TV and see what happened in Selma, Birmingham, and Montgomery.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    Take a crap and be happy
  • staxwell
    12 years ago
    SMH. Fuck the music. Enjoy the girl. And you definitely could've come up with a better title for this thread.
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    I agree with Stax and GoVikings.
  • neon44
    12 years ago
    Dont like the ghetto/hip hop scene either.
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    "the rap era is almost over" LOL. Hip hop/ rap is the most popular form of music today. Most of the young strippers dance on stage to that music. If you don't like it, get over it and just focus on the girls because rap music ain't going away anytime soon. BTW this isn't a shot at Dougster, I'm just talking in general.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    Rappin' isn't going anywhere, but soul is making a comeback. Most famously through white acts like Adele, but also in places you'd not expect like this dance (dubstep) track I'm currently running to, Poppin' Off. [view link] And then more traditional Motown sounds like Janelle Monáe. [view link]
  • gsv
    12 years ago
    Times change, and IMO the word doesn't have the same connotation anymore. I'm sorry, but I just don't think it should bother you so much.
  • SoonerSam
    12 years ago
    As a SC deejay, I can tell you that many clubs try to avoid rap/hip hop because of the "crowd" it brings in. However, I have more young subnurban white boys asking me to play hip-hop than young urban black kids, so I'm not necessarily buying that argument. Having said that, I also am a believer in what the late George Carlin said about "the N-word." He said that we don't get upset when we hear people like Eddie Murphy or Richard Pryor use it because we know they're not racists. Therefore, most hip-hop artists who use the term are young black men and so are using it not in a derogatory manner but as a shout out to their boys. Still, I can understand if someone took offense. But the same songs that use the N-word also do use derogatory terms for women, like bitch and ho, and strippers eat that shit up. In fact, most girls will, upon seeing one black guy walk into the club, immediately come to the DJ booth and ask me to play rap. Forget about the 30-40 old white guys with cash in their pocket, let's cater to the brotha. Of course, we don't hire them for their brains.
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I was in a club a while back that had banned rap music and one of the owners was black. They got tired of the trouble it brings with it. I was told the crowd it drew (the younger punks both white and black) had limited money to spend and they drove away the older crowd that had money to spend. There is really only one color in a club and that is green.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    As an almost-40 white male, I am not a fan of that word. But being that black men "own" that word, I don't think it's going away anytime soon. OTOH, Axl Rose of Guns n Roses, who is as Caucasian as it gets, used that word in one of his songs and got into big time trouble. Slash, who is black, refused to play on it. This was the first event in the eventual dissolution of the Axl-Slash partnership. But while I don't like that he did that (or the fact he once played a Charlie Manson song on one of the GnR albums), I'm not going to disown Axl either. I think one other thing that's been said is that dancers often have no control over their music. At one club I go to, they have absolutely no control over it, and pretty much every black girl there will dance to some rap song, whether she likes it or not. So there is no reason to reject a girl based on the song they danced to.
  • lovemetiddys
    12 years ago
    you people obviously don't get properly entertained because you wouldn't care about the music
  • Travis833
    12 years ago
    One doesn't go to the strip club for the music.
  • bang69
    12 years ago
    you are there for the stripppers not the music
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    But music IS a part of the atmosphere and the total experience. Also, in many clubs it is overpowering, so it would be nice to be overpowered by something pleasant. And you forget one VERY basic item, WE are the customers!
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I agree with Clubber not Bang & Travis You go to Red Lobster for the food, right? But imagine if there was huger speakers blaring out a sermon from Jimmy Swaggert...Joel Osteen.....Rush Limbaugh....Keith Olberman. Name anyone you don't like. Kind of ruins the meal doesn't it? It is the TOTAL EXPERIENCE. Actually I don't mind a lot of hip hop/rap. I grew up on Led Zeppelin and AC/DC but I'd rather listen to hip hop than most of the crap white rockers are putting out today. But enough of the hoes and bitches and niggas
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    motor, You, have to love to hear some "Nuge" in a club, correct?
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Stax said it best
  • nickifree
    12 years ago
    So for those who disagree, I wonder what would happen if you starting hearing some Sister Soulja the club. Hey, it's only music right. And you're there for the strippers not the music.
  • joewebber
    12 years ago
    as i remember in the early 80s, rappers stated they needed explicit lyrics in their raps because they were expressing their stories of growing up in the hood. about how violent and territorial everything was. fine. express yourself. but then don't come back 10 years later with stupid gone more stupid. the late 90s, we had tootsie roll, laffy taffy, doo doo brown, etc. and just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, we're inundated with lyrics about 'the vip', 'drinking patron', 'needing a brinks truck for all my money', 'blowin more money in a day than you make in a year','lojack on your ho' plus all of the other lyrics that use the n-word and fucking and abusing strippers and hoes. we have rick ross, 2chainz, lil wayne, and a handful of others to blame for this abuse of money and music. it really does sour the strip club experience. i hope two things come from these raps: 1) that there is a backlash and an outcry from all of the communities where this music is played and sold, so much so that these rappers will be guilted into investing money back into their communities. 2) that the IRS listens to these lyrics and insures that these flaunters pay their taxes. after all, those tax dollars should go toward the food stamps these offenders were forcing their 'baby mamas' to live off of. thank you nickifree for calling it to our attention, albeit the title was a little out there
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Everybody go to YouTube and search nigger rap its the black dude saying nigger nigger nigger lol.....its sum funny Shit
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    Nas agrees with joewebber and OP [view link]
  • staxwell
    12 years ago
    "So for those who disagree, I wonder what would happen if you starting hearing some Sister Soulja the club. Hey, it's only music right. And you're there for the strippers not the music." I honestly can't tell you anything about the songs being played my last visit to the club, other than it was a mix of rap and rock. I CAN tell you the stage names of the girls I got dances from, bits and pieces of what was talked about, what I had to drink, how much money was spent, and all the other shit I put in reviews. That's what my attention was on. The music is just background noise to me. There has only been one time where I actually paid attention to what the DJ was saying. Every other time (like the music) he was part of the background noise. I'm there to try and get my dick sucked by a stripper for the lowest price possible. Not to critique the lyrics to club hits. They could be playing "achy breaky heart" and I likely wouldn't give a shit.
  • rell
    12 years ago
    those who want to talk about history .. get the fuck over yourselves... im 30 and fully well aware of the word but also im fully aware that you can let bother and get under your skin what you want.ive been called the word many times..some in a racist form and some in the embracing form .niether one of them bother me now because that word no longer has power to me .. some hick wants to call me a nigger to get a rise out of me will be awfully sad when i smile and walk away.. now thats true power
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion