tuscl

dancer preferences?

anonymous99
Miami, fl
Friday, October 19, 2012 2:04 PM
I am a dancer who is relatively new at this who has not been doing so well on money lately so i would like to know from a customer's point of view When you go to a club what makes you want to spend money on a dancer? What about a girl makes you want to tip her onstage or buy a dance from her? What kind of things are turnoffs and makes you not want to?

53 comments

• Tecolote
    12 years ago
    For tipping on stage, it can vary. If the girl is my type (usually long, lean build with nice legs), then I'll tip to show appreciation. Legs are important to me, althought it's just a matter of taste. Dancers with thicker / more muscular legs are a turn off for me. I like nice muscle tone, but nothing too thick. If a dancer is graceful / acrobatic, I'll also tip. For getting a dance, it's the same physical attributes, and also the dancer's personality. She's got to get the juices flowing for me. Turnoffs for me include a high-pitched voice, bad skin (too much sun), smelly breath, being drunk or drugged out, legs that aren't shaved / smooth, noticeable fat, and selling the dance too hard / gettting upset when you get turned down. I've had lots of dances with dancers where I first declined, and then decided to go back later in the night. If you push too hard, it ruins the vibe.
  • cnyknight
    12 years ago
    You are opening up a can of worms, but I commend you if you are serious. 1) Don't build a reputation of being a scam artist. As you will read on here, rip one customer off the rest will find out eventually. 2) Hygene - Obviously 3) At least act interested in your customers ... make small talk, ask genuine questions, etc. Avoid what we call "stripper shit" we can see right through it. 4) You are selling fantasy, the customer needs to be #1. Acting uninterested, distracted, etc. will not get you far. If you read a recent point about lapdances, this point was embedded there. It may help if you post what kind of place you are working in ...
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    2 tits and a pussy
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    For me what makes me want to tip on stage are her body language. If you dance sluggish on stage, then I probably wouldn't tip you much or at all, unless I feel sorry for you. What make me want to receive a lap dance are if she have a real nice romp (butt), not trying to scam people or me, what I see you do to the other customers, nice personality, and etc. what are turnoffs for me are if a person is stiff in their dancing like giving me air dances or whatever, attitude, hygiene, conversation, how you treat other customers, and etc.
  • drewburner69
    12 years ago
    For me, personality is Number 1. The girl has to at least give the impression that she likes what she is doing and is interested in me. Looks are secondary – I think I have had the best times with the 5’s rather than the drop dead good looks dancer 1’s. They know they are hot and they act stuck up (well some of them do anyway). The big turn off is pushing too hard. I understand that it is all about the money – but hustling too hard won’t get a girl make part with my money. The chemistry is just not right. On the stage I like to tip most of the girls that are dancing. They are putting it all out and they deserve to be paid for the show even if it is $1.00’s or $5.00’s . The ones who show there appreciation and come over to talk and give a good floor show – then I keep tipping – eventually if I feel it is right I will ask (or say yes) to a LD or VIP. Good luck in your career – I hope you have a lot of fun and make lots of $$$
  • Omega22
    12 years ago
    I suggest [view link] There is plenty of helpful advice on that website for new dancers. What makes me spend money on a girl is that she looks good and gives good dances. I will tip a dancer if the dance was good or if we went to the VIP. Turnoffs would be a bad attitude or if the girl has a bad reputation.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    cnyknight has summed it up pretty well, and on his points I'd agree.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    The single most important factor for most of us is what you look like. Be friendly and don't be overly pushy. Do those and then it's just a matter of become a better salesman. Take all of these suggestions (well, hygiene and don't cheat are fine) with a big grain of salt. The people that make up this board are NOT the average strip club customer.
  • Corvus
    12 years ago
    A9, first thing for me is looks. And a natural attraction helps. Some of the best LDs I've had were with a dancer who things just clicked with. But that is not as common as it could be. Another great way to get my attention is to greet me with your name, ask if I'm having fun, maybe sit for a minute, and tell me what LDs cost (if I'm new to the club) and that you sure would like to dance for me. Even if I don't buy a dance or two, I am more likely to tip you on stage then--even if I have to walk across the room to do so. And while it will not lead to a certain refusal of a dance offer, the "wanna dance" line rarely works with me.
  • 2ndScoop
    12 years ago
    If they're my type (blonde spinner) I'll tip & prob dance at least once. If not my type, but great pole work will def tip.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    jester214 why should she take YOUR advice seriously then? Hmm...
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    For me, you would be a long haired brunette, with a killer smile and a true sexual openness for women (I'm a girl). Eye-contact from you onstage when I tip you, and a nice slow, sensual dance style tells me that you will (hopefully) give a great dance in the back. If all of this pans out, we would be on our way to VIP before you could say "will this be cash or charge?" ;-)
  • kittykate
    12 years ago
    This isn't the place to get good info, if you want to be successful at stripping. I'm not saying that anyone who posted above is wrong or that these guys don't have good ideas. But, you will get the best info from the other girls at the club where you work at. If your are a newbie, you will need to get on the ladies good side, first. If they think you are annoying, dirty or dislike you in anyway, they won't help you. So, be sweet, humble and don't drive them crazy. Don't ever ask them how much they make or ask to borrow their stuff. Once you've made some friends, it will be well worth it. The girls can teach you how to make money, regardless of what you look like. Honestly it doesn't matter, aside from your actual audition. Some of the homeliest dancers make the best money and have the most loyal regulars. The guys here can give you advice about their fantasies and what they would like to see, but no necessarily what your average strip club guy is going to pay for, night after night. To make money, you do need to have a good attitude, make people comfortable, be a good listener and carry yourself well. But, it's just as important to be able to identify the guys who will suck your time or disrespect you. You don't only need to learn what to give. It's more important to learn what to withhold. You also need to learn how to develop regulars who won't get crazy. They all have the same warning signs, for the most part. When I started dancing, I did had not learned this lesson. There was a guy there who spent piles of cash, but everyone avoided him. I stupidly felt bad for him, not realizing that a room full of recession strippers must be avoiding this dude for a good reason, and starting spending all my time with him, at work. For the first month, he made it worth my time. But, at the very beginning of month 2, he went nuts. He started calling my work line at 2 am with suicide threats and general insanity. He stopped tipping and buying dances. When I stopped sitting with him, he tried to blackmail me spread rumors about my around the club. He told other dudes there that I drugged him in the backroom and stole his credit cards and purchased a car. He told my boss that I was a prostitute. My boss tole me not to worry because he did this to the new girls on a regular basis. But with all the rumors flying around, I had trouble making money and eventually went to another club. Long story, but the point is it that you have to be smart. You will not succeed in this industry by doing everything you can to make customers happy. This isn't like working at the Olive Garden, where the customer is always right. In our industry the customer is rarely right. I'm not saying that there aren't some really nice guys that come to clubs. But, it's just impossible for them to understand what the job is like for us, even if they used to "date a stripper" of have "lots of stripper friends." It's hard for a man to understand what it takes out of us, to be in a room with a guy that we aren't attracted to and treat him like the man of our dreams for 20 min at a time, while he gropes us like a blow up doll. It's not always bad, but when it's bad, it's terrible. We earn that money. The average customer thinks that don't. They think that we should HAPPILY ignore their bad breathe, laugh at their stupid jokes, and have theatrical orgasms, while we grind on their pencil dicks for $20 bucks. And you probably know that it's not always like this. I've had some fun in the backrooms, with the sweetest, sexiest guys. I've made lots of great friends and met some amazing people over the years. But those events are rare. Pencil dicks are common. I don't dance to interact with the customers. I deal with the customers, because I love to dance, love the music, love the girls, love life that only exists once the suns gone down... Anyway, sorry for the rant, everyone. Just wanted to tell the poster to make some stripper friends and get advice from them. Stripperweb isn't terrible, but it's SLOW and can be pretty negative. Always listen to your customers, but don't get invested in their happiness. They'll never be happy, for the most part. Make yourself happy. Carry yourself with respect and be smart.
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    "jester214 why should she take YOUR advice seriously then? Hmm..." I said she should take them all with a grain of salt, with the exception of don't cheat people and be clean. Would you like me to explain what "all" means? And while we're out it, perhaps the phrase "with a grain of salt"?
  • kittykate
    12 years ago
    I've been dancing for 9 years. I know this is an online forum and NO ONE has to take me seriously, but I just thought I'd try to help a fellow stripper out. I think I said that there was some good advice from other people here. Yeah, I agree with your points. Good not to rip folks off and be relatively clean. But, I do think those are small, small points in the big game. Those are the basics. If she really wants to make some cash, keep safe and drama free, she's going to need to talk to other dancers. You had some good points, jester! But, there's a lot more to it, from a female perspective!
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    See PM please. Also you should PM Stiletto25. Take her advice ABOVE and BEYOND the advice of many members here, including mine if it should run counter to what Stiletto25 may tell you.
  • joey2002
    12 years ago
    Kittykate is right what she say. I say listened to her but also be true to yourself. Also don't let the life suck you too deep to not be able to get out. I seen girls allow it to consume them and they are apart of the statistics.
  • looneylarry
    12 years ago
    Good question 99, and don't shy away because of the responses. Nothing wrong about dancers and customers talking about the business. Kittykate, generally good advice, some barbs in there for us menfolk, but I respect your voice of experience. The regulars on this site generally have the attitude of "we are paying for a service and a fantasy, so you should buck up and perform if you are taking our money." We don't get to see or empathize with the other side, the soul-sapping dreariness of faking desire for legions of undesirable guys. I get that. Nothing wrong with each side having a better understanding of the other. Guys try to maximize their experience and girls try to maximize their profits. Same as it ever was.
  • lopaw
    12 years ago
    I think that there is enough diversity here amongst the customers (age,race,gender,economic status,etc) to supply a decent cross section of what we look for in deciding who to give our hard earned money to. Incite from dancers who post here, like Stiletto25 would be invaluable, of course. Keep in mind, kittykate, the context of the questions that the OP posted, and the simple fact that she asked them here, on a customer-based site. If she found TUSCL, I'm sure that she could also find sites like stripperweb or any of the other exotic dancer-based websites out there as well.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    See PM again.
  • boomersooner
    12 years ago
    Every guy is gonna like the look of a different type of girl so you cant help that. But the best thing is to be just having a good time and not be pushy. Most guys go to blow off steam after work and are just looking to relax and have a good time, we don't go with the intention of spending as much money as possible. If you're fun relaxed you'll get good tips. Also give lapdances like you'd fuck and they'll tip you well. If you give airdances no contact, and act like your just waiting for the time to be up you won't get tips
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    @ kittykate: "To make money, you do need to have a good attitude, make people comfortable, be a good listener and carry yourself well." That sentence that you wrote is best single sentence of advice on the OP's question that I have ever read. Some excellent thoughts in your contribution! @ all of the above member posters: Very good, sincere, posts here tonight. This is the best written and expressed thread in a long time!
  • rl27
    12 years ago
    OK, here are my answers. I'll state right off, that a lot of what I am saying is highly subjective and depends on a vibe I am feeling with the dancer at that time. A combination of many different things make me want to tip a dancer on stage, and it's different for each dancer. First the dancer has to appeal to me, after this her stage presence plays in. I don't tip a dancer who is just going through the motions. Also, if she is just going up to each person on stage like an assembly line with no personality then I won't tip. However if she looks like she is having fun and works the stage very well, I'll approach her for a tip. What makes me want to buy a dance from her. Like the previous question, some of it is attitude. When I am in a new club, or see a new dancer whose attitude while she is dancing good on stage is good and she is friendly to me when I tip her, the chances I will ask her for a dance is higher. Also how she acts if she walks up to the table is also important. If I get the robotic "Wanna dance," I'll just say no. However if she introduces herself and sits down to talk for a few minutes I'll give her more consideration. At this point the vibe I am feeling plays a lot into whether I decide to try a dance. I will say this. One thing that does not work is a line like the following "I'll give you a good time," or "I give a really good dance," or something similar. I hear this many times from dancers, and most of the time when a dancer has said this, it just wasn't true. Still, what I said above, does not alone make me want to get a dance from a dancer. If the prices are really reasonable I may just blindly ask her for a dance. However, most of the time I'll watch to see who is in the back for at least three songs with her customer, and consistently with multiple customers. This usually means a good dance. Once I choose a dancer, the first dance determines whether I quit after one dance or spend a lot of money on multiple dances. Of course this depends on the type of dance allowed in the club. Normally if she isn't dancing up to the clubs standards by the end of the first song, it's one and done. Unless the dancer is smoking hot looking, or I get the vibes that she may get better on the second dance, I'll go for a second. Them if she hasn't gotten a lot better I'll quit after two. As for turnoffs, I already mentioned two above, but others are pushy dancers. A dancer who gets mad when I say "not right now," won't get my money. There has been many times over the years, that I was considering a particular dancer, but didn't get a dance from her, because she got mad because I said, "not right now." Many times I'll say not right now, because I am waiting for a particular dancer. Another turn off is dancers complaining about the club, their boyfriends, other customers or how little they made that day. I visit clubs to relax with a beautiful woman, not to hear her complain. The final turn off is bad feminine hygiene. Far too many time have I had to cut short a incredibly good lap dance from an otherwise hot sexy dancer, all because of a bad odor down there. I post this here, because lately I have been noticing this problem with more dancers than normal.
  • kittykate
    12 years ago
    Sorry if I was rude. I don't think anything bad about anyone here or any of the other advice given. In general, I like almost all individual customers (aside from the guy I wrote about--I will hate that dude eternally). I really dislike groups of customers. And when your dancing, your not dealing with an individual. Even if you are in the back room, you are still dealing with the guy you had before and the guy who is waiting for you. You're always dealing with a huge mass of people and some of them are jerks. Others are whiny babies. Some are great. Some are vulgar. Some are sexy, while others are just disgusting. All of them have something nice about them, but that's impossible to focus on when your are dealing with everyone at once. So, while everyone is a beautiful, unique flower (except for the guy in my post) the overall group always sucks. Someone is always pouting. Someone is always complaining. Someone is always demanding the most unreasonable things. Then your regular comes in after some creep has left bite marks on your boob and you want to kill someone. Your regular can tell something is wrong, immediately thinks you don't like him anymore and runs off to a girl that he knows you dislike. There's never enough time to make everyone happy. Which means that a lot of people are going to lash out at you. Just from wandering around this site, for the last couple hours, it's clear that a lot of guys are really bitter towards dancers and their jobs. We have to take your money. It is our job. It's not our job to make you happy. Even if we wanted to (and sometimes we do) the business it not set up that way. I've had SO many regulars tell me that they would never be satisfied until we fucked, hung out outside the club, dated, etc... If I did any of those things, I'd be out of a job. My job is dependent on the premise that the customers will be left unsatisfied, so that they'll come back. So that's what I mean when it's out job to take your money and leave you unhappy. It is out job to pay our fees and make the clubs happy. We also have to pay our bills and take care of our families. Lots of guys do treat dancers with respect. But if the other half of the room is just consumed with "getting their money's worth," we are not having the time of our lives. A lot of guys come to the club just looking for a reason to be miserable or feel short changed. (I'm not saying that anyone here is like that.) It's easy for the customers just to see how I'm acting. They can never see how the room is treating me. I'm pretty tough, but I'm still a girl and we are emotional beings. Anyway, all I wanted to say is that there are a lot of things to learn to be successful as a dancer. It's totally valid to listen to the customers. This site is a great place for that. The reason most dancers succeed is because they've talked to so many customers, they've learned to read them really well. You gotta know what people want before you can sell it. But, you also have to talk to fellow salesmen to decide how to sell it, much to sell it for, when it's time to take the merchandise off the shelf.
  • kittykate
    12 years ago
    I'm really long winded today.
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    Kittykate- enjoyed reading your posts, you provided some great insight. I hope you stick around because we need more thoughts from dancers on the discussion board. Stilleto25 provides great thoughts, but we need more than just her! Anyways, my advice to the person who started this thread would just to be friendly as possible. What I would say was my best visit to a club was with a blonde stripper who approached me and was super friendly- ended up spending almost my entire time at the club with her. And the funny thing is i'm not even into blondes usually but you know what they say, there are always exceptions :)
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Kittykate it's NOT your job from my POV to take my $$$ and leave me unhappy. If you do that it is HIGHLY doubtful that I'd EVER spend another penny on you. By all means intice me to give you my $$$, BUT satisfy me & leave me happy. That will ensure repeat business. And that is you desire isn't it?!? IMHO making customers UNHAPPY is a VERY BAD business strategy.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I agree about Blondes GoVikings. LOL
  • GoVikings
    12 years ago
    Lol Alucard, I think you totally missed her point or misunderstood her.I can't speak for her, but the reason I think kitty kate said that is because if you leave the customer unsatisfied, they will be left wanting more and return to the club( like a tease) and in the long run that leads to more money for the club/dancer.
  • kittykate
    12 years ago
    Thanks Vikings! You got it. I wasn't talking about taking a dump on you and insulting your mama. I just meant that I can't ever give you the attention and physical affection that most guys want. If I did, I'd be out of a job. I've had a lot of regulars over the years. Once they realize that I'm never going to sleep with them, meet their families, or run away with them, they go away. They usually throw a fit, call me a money grubbing hoe bag, then go away. But it's the nature of the business to leave guys wanted more. If I had slept with any of those regulars, I would have lost them sooner. Who's going to pay for pussy they can get for free and have it be "real." Yuck. Anyway, form an economical standpoint, it's my responsibility to leave a customer unsatisfied. (I'm not saying miserable and abused. I'm just saying that I'm never going to sleep with them, hang with them, tell them my name, be a real person in their lives.) My responsibility it to the club. I worked at McDonalds when I was 14. My responsibility was to make a profit for Ronald, not to give the customers fulfilling, healthy meals. If you can't understand, still, read Vikings post. Far more concise.
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Kittykate, I agree with GoVikings. I hope you stick around and give us your insights. More dancer comments on our topics would be great.
  • xxxrated
    12 years ago
    The first thing i notice is the sexuality of a dancer. When i see a dancer walking around with a thong & high- heels ,that makes me want to spend my money. She should exude sexuality. You have to capture that oversexed fantasy of the customer. That first impression will determine if i want to buy a lap dance. An easy-going personality is a plus. Customers will avoid a dancer with an attitude. The ability to hold a conversation is a plus. Some customers attend strip clubs for that sole purpose.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    Easy answer... Take the number of those that visit strip clubs, multiply that number by 1, and the result will be the number of answers to your question.
  • drewburner69
    12 years ago
    Kittykate is right - it is all a tease- the fantasy is what we can't have. When I go to a club I try to keep that in mind - when the LD or VI{ is over then I am satisfied if the dancer was good - but the best dancer always seems to let me think that "just may be there is a chance to be with her" and of course that won't happen - that is the fantasy that SC's provide. The more us custy's understand that the "happier" we will be. Kittykate - you do your job well - you know the business. I also know that it is hard for a dancer to give so much of her emotions hour after hour and night after night - it has to be draining - and the money does not make it better after the tip outs. We have to keep in mind what we are paying is not what the dancer is earning. Keep posting Kittykate - it is good to have the honest perspective from a dancer! - Drew
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    If you ant sucking my juicy dick from stage to the vip then Fuck no....if so I will give a nice stack of paper for ya shortie
  • Tiredtraveler
    12 years ago
    I like the KISS priciple: 1) Hygiene- Clean- NO bad Pit, V, or Ass Odor, minimal perfume if any, 2) Grooming- shave legs,pits and trim or shave the V, No glitter make up or make up that gmears on to patron's clothing- Some are married and most do not want the mess. 3) Attitude on stage- at least act like you are interested in the customer, When on stage dance for the customers not the mirrors! look the guys in the eye. Be sensual. When tipped Thank the guy personally 4) Do not walk up and say "Wanna Dance" and when he says no don't be PO'ed- sit for a moment chat a little, introduce yourself, chat some more then ask for a dance than if he says no, then excuse yourself and say you'll stop by later. Do not start off talking about you problems. 5) in dances don't give it all away the first dance, build it up and go that little extra right and the end with the unspofen promise of more next time. 6) If you go to VIP do not promise what you are unwilling to deliver, Work will get around that that you are a rip off. Only 10's can get away with that and only in large clubs. You can see where this is headed. It is about the patron and sensing what he wants how much HE WILL PAY and giving it to him with-in your boundaries. Most patrons will respect your boundaries if they know what they are but you must gently enforce them don't staple them to his forehead (unless he becomes an asshole) and do not get mad if he pushes them a little just remind him of the limits.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I understood Kittykate's point EXACTLY. PERHAPS you're not understanding my POV. I'm not getting dances to be teased. I am looking for satisfaction of some type. If I don't find it with a dancer, she doesn't get ANY more of my time and money. I am a MAJOR repeat customer with dancers who satisfy me. IMO if you are being teased you are not getting everything you should, you're being left short of the end point. Hey that deal may be good enough for some people. Not me, if you want me to return.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    You appear to be a Dancer who DOESN'T do extras Kittykate. I'm not asking you to do sex in any form beyond the grind and touching of a standard LD. And if that isn't the type of Lap Dancing you provide, well I would end a session real fast. Anything that remotely looks like an Air dance is the end of a session. I EXPECT some reasonable touching identified with standard Lap Dances. Sorry about be verbose.
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    "Anyway, sorry for the rant, everyone. Just wanted to tell the poster to make some stripper friends and get advice from them" Wow, kate, good stuff. I've never really understood to what extent strippers seek out and/or get advice from the other girls. I assumed it's like any other business, where there are some old timers who are happy to teach the new guys, as well as some "asshole old timers" who are afraid the new guys will take all their great tips and with it all of their business. But I also wasn't sure how much the catty, "I hate her cuz she's pretty", attitude would prevail. If the girls help each other out, that's great. As customers, we all know there are a few absolutely awesome strippers who we all come back to see on a regular basis. They really know how to treat a guy. I only hope that those are the ones the other strippers seek help from, not the clueless sharks who piss guys off.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Like I said get on yo knees and suck my little slimmy cocky for a nice phat $500 bank roll princess
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    Kate sez: "Just from wandering around this site, for the last couple hours, it's clear that a lot of guys are really bitter towards dancers and their jobs." True. Lots of bitterness towards many dancers. And I'm sure you'd agree that some of it is well deserved. Not all, but some. Now, we'd all agree that it's not easy being a dancer. But if you surveyed all the working stiffs in all the jobs in the US, they'd all pretty much say the same thing: that their jobs are tough too. Guys dying from heart attacks and stress, guys working 12 hours a day and weekends to pay the bills, and on and on. Not to be critical, but geez, cry me a river. So yeah, their job is tough. No way I could do a sexy lap dance for an 80 year old woman and act like I was having an orgasm. However, it's a job they choose to do. So IMO if you're going to do something, be the best you can be. Now, we'd also all agree that there are millions of customers with millions of different attitudes and desires. Some guys (like many here) are 60 years old but expect you to be their girlfriend and like it. Like you say, you can't keep everyone happy all the time. However, why many guys get bitter is because so many strippers approach their job as if they are trying to extract the most amount of money from the least amount of customers with the least amount of effort. Kind of like the government employee who doesn't do shit but collects a paycheck, and makes us wait in line for an hour because she is too freakin' lazy to do her job. Strippers who are rude, lazy, and have no clue about doing a good job no matter how difficult the situation. They sit on their asses, noses in their cellphones, or sitting in the dressing room, ignoring the customers, or sit around talking to each other, or talking to a guy who's nice, and easy to talk to, but gives them no money, while a bunch of guys are sitting around waiting to pay her money. I was in a club the other day, during dayshift. I counted 16 guys sitting around, and there were 6 dancers in the club. Nobody on stage, most girls in the dressing room, a couple on the floor. Two dancers sitting together talking. Another dancer sitting with a guy, talking. The guy next to me was getting visibly pissed, shaking his head, looking at his cellphone to see what time it was. He looks at me and says, "Damn, this place sucks. I've been here for an hour and they just sit in the dressing room". About 10 minutes later he gets up and leaves. Two more construction looking guys enter the club, sit near me, look around for about 15 minutes, nothing happening, they get up and leave, about the same time I leave. Now, you can ask all the strippers in that club for advice, but how many are going to tell you to get out of the freakin' dressing room and circulate so that the customers don't get up and leave and never return? Absolutely, get advice from other strippers. But when it comes down to it, you need to treat customers and their time and money with respect. And while you might think that's obvious, it's clearly not obvious to a lot of strippers. Hence our bitterness.
  • SofaKing
    12 years ago
    anonymous9, Excellent questions and post! For me, several attributes are very important. First, a dancer should always be friendly. Even a new dancer, who may be unsure of herself, scores major points if she seems enthusiastic and wants to improve. Recently I was at a club where a dancer asked me if she could rest her ankles on my shoulders while she "danced" on stage. I of course agreed, and complimented her for her interaction. Second, that dancer while on stage was very proactive in taking my hands and moving them along her body where she allowed touching. Granted, the area where I club is rather high contact. But she adapted to that reality in a very appealing manner. In an area with less contact, the dancer could still captivate the customer by smiling at him and paying attention to him. As several posters have noted earlier in this thread, the club setting is essentially a fantasy. The msot successful dancers realize this dynamic and unobtrusively fulfill the fantasy. Third, after she finished on stage, she stopped at my table and talked with me for some time. Most importantly, she seemed interested in me as a person and not as a "custy" or a "wallet". Therefore, even though she was not an 8, 9, or 10, and I was there to see another dancer, I wound up having a couple drinks with her and buying a couple dances from her. In fact, based on the connection we seemed to make, I may just return to that club during her shifts and get more dance from her. To sum up, be authentic and care about the club patron as a person. Odds are decent that the customer will then care about you as a person. Very skilled dancers will seem to connect with customers so that the customers do not seem to realize they are being played, but rather become regulars of that dancer and the dancer makes more money in the long run.
  • kittykate
    12 years ago
    Jerki That was the first advice I got when I started dancing--stay on the floor, be nice to the assholes. Just because some dancers give up and get lazy, that doesn't mean they are retarded. We all know there's no money in the dressing room. We have bosses that yell at us, night after night for sitting in the dressing room. I spend a lot of time there, myself. And I get yelled at. And I know I should probably go talk to someone. But most of the time I stay in there. After so many years of this, I can ID a cheap crowd from a mile away. I'd rather hang with the girls, find out who's fucking who and watch the young ones who are always making out with each other or doing something else that's ridiculous and stay in a good mood. At 11:30, when the cash has arrived, I'll go out to the floor and play. If u can make more than what I need between 11:30 and 2, why not? If I beg for dances from a bunch of cheapies, I'll be cranky by 1130 and have a bad night. While its slow, a few girls will go out to make boss happy. That will come back to report if its worth it. And we all know which girls to trust. You said if we don't want to do the job, we shouldn't work. But, if I'm doing my job for part if the night, making $ that I'm very happy with, than why would I quit. What I don't understand is why u go to the club? It sounds like its often a terrible experience for u.
  • mrrock
    12 years ago
    I rarely tip on stage unless there's nobody in the joint and I'm one of only a few guys. I prefer to save my cash for VIP. The girl obviously needs to look good, no overweight girls for me. I don't care about race or hair color. What attracts me are her looks first. Then I watch her stage show. If she looks bored or seems bitchy on stage. Then I won't be interested in her. However if she looks like she wants to be there, at least sometimes smiles. Interacts with guys in the crowd. Those point to a girl who will be fun in VIP. I think most of us are ultimately looking for extras also. But the things I mentioned above is what would lead me to want to get a dance. Also talk to everyone and keep an eye on guys checking you out. It means they want to get a dance from you so go talk to them. Always be friendly and like others have said don't try to scam.
  • kittykate
    12 years ago
    I've never done a single extra. Make great $. Never had a legal issue. Also never felt like worn out crab meat. The girls who do extras get burned out. They make good money for awhile, then that have to take pills to get through the night and start hating themselves. If u want to last in the game, u got know where ur line is and never do anything u don't want to, for $. I'm 29 now. Started when I was 18 (although u wasn't full time for a couple more years). I make the same money then, as I do now. Recession and all. Very few girls make it this long and if they do, their money crashes when they burn out from letting creeps that don't deserve to talk to them, use them up and toss them out. If u wanna do extras, do it. Everyone will find out and girls will be horrible to u, so be ready for that. But, to each their own.
  • 3LeggedMan
    12 years ago
    When I saw the size of kittykate's posts I thought that this must be some serious ranting. But having read them, I have to thank her for sharing a lot of the thinking of at least one exotic dancer. I frequent this site for that insight. For me personally, I'm not looking for extras, but I'm happy when they do come my way. I'll keep my hands to myself with an unfamiliar dancer, but about half the time they will guide my hands to places they approve of or will give me a verbal invitation. As to my preferences, the girl does not need to be beautiful, just not one of Deja Vu's 3 uglies. A little contact at the tip rail is a good start. Any contact with my neck, ears, lips, or nipples will just about earn a LD sale. The dancers that DO want their custies to leave happy are the ones I want to meet. Note: That does NOT require ejaculation! Just the honest effort to interest me physically OR mentally. Ending my loneliness for an hour is a job well done.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    see also previous thread... [view link]
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    Kate sez: "What I don't understand is why u go to the club? It sounds like its often a terrible experience for u." Usually, as long as I go to my few favorite clubs, it's great. Other clubs suck, as I described. Luckily there are a few clubs, and in those clubs are a group of dancers who, thankfully, aren't like all the insane shit you describe. They're nice, and fun, and they come around and treat the customers (at least me) real well, and make me look forward to coming back. Others are the bitches you describe who hang out in the dressing room and think they know all about the customers and as a result are rude and don't give a shit. They don't get shit from me because they're rude and lazy and would rather sit on their asses in the dressing room and talk about who's screwing who.
  • kittykate
    12 years ago
    Well, I'm glad that u have some good clubs to go to, jerikson. Sorry for calling u Jerki, before. I misplaced the i. I'm sorry that the girls in the dressing room get u down. Maybe come later in the night, when more girls are on the floor? I know it sucks to come to the club and see a million girls messing around together and ignoring the customers. But, if slow, that's how it goes, in some places. Even if you and 1 others dude had 500 to drop, each, if there are 13 other men, who are freeloaders in the room, the girls aren't going to try. Even if they did, 1000 isnt going to go very far amount 20 dancers. That money will probably go to 2 dancers. The first girl you dance with, will probably lay claim to you and the other ladies will probably stay away, depending on who that initial gal is. I watch the girls that really hustle. If they are getting shut down, I don't try, at all. I've been dancing for a long time. The job works best for me, if I get there early so I can pay the cheaper stage fee. Then, take it easy, eat dinner, have a drink with the girls and get chatty and silly. Then, when the real crowd comes in, I out on my happy face, have fun and make money. Like I said, if I've already dealt with 10 rude, broke creeps and worked my butt off to make $80, I'm going to feel burnt out, when the crowd gets there. For 7 years, I worked 6 nights a week. This is how I learned to survive and keep my job enjoyable. Nothing worse than a miserable stripper. I do everything I can to never let a customer see me grumpy or disengaged. I'm not perfect, but I do my best. So, if my stratagy makes me a bitch, well, I don't really get that. I like my job. My boss loves me becuase I'm consistent and dependable. I have piles of regulars who adore me and I really like most if them, too (not sexually, of course). I'm able to put my self though school without a single student loan. I get to practice my nursing skills out on the dancers who don't have medical insurance... Kinda got off track somewhere. I need to go to bed. Point is, this works for me, but I'm sad if that upsets you and other customers. I just don't see why I'm a bitch just because I only work at night when it's profitable. I'm an independent contracter, so that's allowed. I don't really understand why girls in the dressing room offend you, so I might be answering this all wrong, but I don't think you should take it personally. For me, I can do a mediocre job all night, or be on fire for a few hours when it's busy. I'm not sure why anyone would talk that as an insult. But, like I said. I don't have the whole story and don't know your point of view. A few posts on here, have shown me things that bother people, that I never would have thought of. I like hearing you guys points of view. I don't agreevw ith them all, but I like to hear about what u guys thing. I always complain that so many guys seem to come to the club to mope. It's good for me to be able to see another side. So thanks. Also, thanks for the kind words, a few posts above your last one. Really appreciate that. And in response to that post, yes, aside from a few crazies, most of the girls like to help and groom the new ones, after it's been confirmed that the newbies arent awful or anything. There are selfish and selfless reasons for this. Selflessly, they remember what happened to them when they started and want to save the newbie from a similar fate. They also want friends. Another hot stripper to get into the club with! They also want the club to run smoothly. Normally, it's the dancers responsibility to tell the new girl the rules. The club delegates this to us. Selfishly, the girls like to orientate the girls so they have an opportunity to show newbie who the regulars are and inform newbie that she will get knocked out, if she talks to said regular. The girls all tall the new ones that they will get shot, fired, tossed in jail and become infected with syphilis, if so much as expose a nipple/lip/butt crack or whatever isn't technically allowed at that club. Girls don't want more compettition. That's where is starts, but it does on to advice about certain customers,, best shifts, what color to dye her hair, new clothes she should wear. When she doesn't have them, sometimes they are donated from another dancer who wants to be her friend, either because shes cool, or because the girl knows that' if they are friends, new girl won't touch her customer or because new girl is smoking and the other girl wants to hustle doubles with her. So it's not always selfless. It can be selfish. But, I love the girls. Never met a stripper I didn't love. They have the best stories and many of them are just amazing survivors. They appciate the things I do for them, deeply. They are sexy and independent. Love strippers. But, I don't have to deal with them, like you do. If they were after my paycheck, always lying and playing games, I might wanna shake them really hard. I gotta go to bed. It's light outside. I'm deleruos. Thanks again jerickson! I think we'd have some good chats, if we ever ran into each other, at the club!
  • canny
    12 years ago
    Hygiene and personal appearance are huge to me. That doesn't mean a specific look, that means being clean and taking care of yourself. I don't ask dancers for dances unless they approach me first. I've gotten too many bad dances from dancers who were beautiful but who didn't approach me. I've never gotten a bad dance from a dancer who approached me and talked with me. I tip almost everyone on stage, but only a couple of bucks so that's really nothing. Stay out of the dressing room and be approachable. You can't earn money if you don't do any dances and you can't do dances sitting in the dressing room. If there is a customer sitting there by himself, don't form a circle of dancers with your backs to the room, invite the customer in. You never know which customer is going to be the one who spends money that night and when I'm spending money the girls who form that circle whose body language says, "stay away" don't get anything from me other than tips on the stage. When that circle opens up and they say hi to me and include me in the conversation, I'm spending money on that group that night. Not all of them, but some of them and I do buy drinks for the whole group without being asked. Don't hustle too much. Asking if I want a dance works. Being obvious about using me as an ATM is a turn off and guarantees that I'll stop spending money on you.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    "When you go to a club what makes you want to spend money on a dancer? " Wow, way to ask the easy questions. :) In a word, "sexiness". Sometimes that's the long, slim brunette with the smokey look in her eyes, sometimes it's the fresh-faced, cherubic blonde with the freckles, sometimes it's the brassy redhead who looks straight into my eyes and licks the tip of her nose. (OK, that last one will get me *every* time.) Sometimes it's the girl with the little perky A-cups, sometimes it's those big firm monsters. Sometimes it's deliciously slender, sometimes it's pleasantly plump. Sometimes it's short, sometimes it's tall. But it's *always* attitude that will be the deciding factor. If you're reasonably sincerely acting like you actually want to be with me, irrespective of how you actually feel about it, you'll probably get some. If you're Jessica Biel or Gwyneth Paltrow, and you can't get the sneer off your face, take a hike.
  • blacky
    12 years ago
    Well...I read the first 20+ posts in their entirety and then the posters started getting even longer winded than I am, so I skimmed the rest, so if I am repeating, sorry about that. A few thoughts: 1) Every guy has a different opinion in terms of what they like - some like black girls with thick asses and others like white chicks with tiny boobs. You can't change who you are but each club has a bit of a personality and the type of dancers they attract and therefore the type of guys they attract. If your club is almost all skinny white girls and you are the only one who isn't, you might not get much business - just a simple matter of supply and demand. 2) I agree that you don't need to be a 10 to do well. However, if you are pushing 40 and have an extra 50 pounds on you, then many of the guys are going to simply walk on by when you ask for a dance. The girls we call "fugly" just dont get as many dances. For the rest of my response, I am going to assume that you are average to above average looks, and therefore should be able to make decent money. 3) While good hygiene and not being stoned/drunk are great suggestions, another major turn off for me is you smelling like an ashtray. All of the strippers I know smoke but most find a way to get rid of the smell - I don't konw what they use as I don't smoke but I trust you can find out. 4) I think the comments that I read from the other strippers were mostly right on the money, although I don't think most of the guys that visit clubs are necessarily as bad as we were painted - but getting advice from a stripper friend makes a lot of sense. However, this is a competitive business and if you start taking dances away from another dancer, no matter how much they think you are a nice person, they aren't going to be that friendly. I have never seen so much drama, other than at high school, as at a strip club. The girls are always trash talking about the other girls. Don't get into this shit - can't see anyway that this can be positive. 5) Attitude is key. The girls that simply go through the motions on stage or air dance are going to get a bad rep very quickly and as you can see, us guys love to gossip about our SC visits. Now, most guys dont even know about TUSCL, but the word is going to get out. The girls that move sensuously and make us believe in the fantasy are going to get our attention. The girls that smile at us and wink at us and make us feel like we are the only guy in the room are definately going to get our attention. A few well chosen words spoken to the guy when he is watching you stageside is going to encourage him to tip. We all know it is a game but at the same time, we all get lost in the game and the more we get lost the quicker we are to spend money. 6) What you say really counts. Don't treat us like 17 year olds and tell us we are so handsome and have such a huge cock. We know this is bullshit and at least for me, that is a real turn off. However, asking about our day and making an effort to engage in conversation is going to make us feel good - just common sense. Obviously, some guys aren't talkers. Your job is to size them up quickly and not waste too much time on guys that aren't going to buy you a dance without being a jerk about it. While you need to make money, don't be pushy - girls that are pushy get far fewer dances. Ask politely for a dance but these shouldn't be the first words out of your mouth. My favorite approach is when the girl sits in my lap and rubs up and down the legs while hinting at what might happen in the LD area, asking me about my day and asking if I want some company. Not all guys are going to like this, so respect what they want by asking. 7) Guys talk a lot about the girlfriend experience - girls that message the shoulders or give the hugs and especially the girls that give a kiss (not for every guy) are going to make us feel special and everyone likes feeling special. 8) How a girl dances can dramatically affect if I want to tip or ask for a LD or VIP. The smiling, sensuous moves, great pole tricks and if allowed at your club, side stage dancing (my club allows the dancer to sit in the guys lap and do a mini lap for a tip), all help me decide to part with my money. Note - while you work hard for your money, guys can spend $200 in an hour or so at a SC. This can mean a couple of days work spent in a hour. Respect the spender and be appreciative that they just spent that much money on you. 9) If I like the girl's looks and she has a decent attitude, I will oftentimes get a LD. Even if I don't like the attitude and think the girl is smoking, I will get a LD. However, if the LD is mechanical or if the girl continues to push my hands away (the clubs I go to allow mutual contact), then I will probably only buy one dance. If the girl asks me what I like - I am a boob man, so stick those in my face and let me play with them, I am happy. Don't grind on me so hard that my cock hurts - yes, that has happened. One girl kept jumping up and down on my lap - I stopped the dance. 10) I get VIP when one of two things happen. First, the girl is offering extras and I am horny and have the cash. Second, the dances are so sensual, I just want to spend more time with her, regardless of what else happens. And, all guys are different. Many don't want extras and some guys only want FS. Don't lie to the guy about what you are going to do if you aren't and don't be vague and say shit like "nobody every complains." If the guy asks a direct question about what to expect in VIP, tell him - no BS. If you don't do extras, that doesn't eliminate you, but giving me a BS line will. Hope this helps.
  • blacky
    12 years ago
    Oh shit, I guess I really was really really long winded tonight. Sorry.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion