tuscl

2012 US Election

Monday, September 17, 2012 10:52 PM
Video leaked of Romney talking to fundraiser about how to win the election. Nothing to damning. I actually like the fact i get to hear Romney talk honestly about things. He's always so egar to please, you have no idea what he really wants. [view link] That said. I'm still voting for Johnson.

66 comments

• londonguy
    12 years ago
    Will his religion be a factor against him getting votes?
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    That's not him talking "honestly". That's him talking to a bunch of rich people trying to get them to give him money. Honesty is practically non-existent in American politics.
  • smokeshopjoe
    12 years ago
    AAAAHHHHH politics, I truly believe America's best days are behind her. I think we have devolved into such a shit show that it will take a monumental amount of cohesive support to get us back on the right track. I also feel there is no fucking way that this amount of support can come from this election. Look we have a government of addicts, addicted to getting reelected and spending money on stupid fucking shit. Our glorious leader currently is probably one of the worst in history. He makes bill clinton, a man who as president sold secrets to fucking CHINA (I wont hold monica against him hell I would fuck that over hillary any day), look like middle of the road level headed leader. I dont believe we can rebuild america, I think we can only salvage it. that means we really need to hit rock bottom and smash apart. I think a Romney Ryan government could do a good job at minor repairs but anything they would do is just kicking the can down the road. On the question of religion there are 2 religious groups whose members I will NEVER vote for Muslims: Islam is a religion that came from a schizophrenic nut bag, sure it starts nice and then he gets KILL happy. He talked not to god no no no but the the arch angle Gabriel during fits (seizures) and Mormons: They wear MAGIC UNDERWEAR! I shit you not. That religion was started by a guy who just wanted to fuck more women (to which I can respect). But the belief that if you are a good mormon man you get a magic planet where you will be a god when you die and women can only come along if their husband pulls them along. They will mary dead people so they can get the magic planet. Thats just the tip of the iceberg. Caffeinated beverages, doomsday stockpiles, the belief that you are black because god is punishing you( they dont officially hold to this one any more but it isnt too uncommon of a thing to here when you get them one on one.) My past experience with mormons is watch your fucking back around them that thump sound might just be you getting thrown under the bus.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    A Mormon & Muslim running for President. Who would have ever thunk it. The Harvard educated secret society boys must be turning over in their graves. Oh wait....
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    What 2913 Erection I have one every day
  • bjag625
    12 years ago
    I see absolutely nothing wrong with this video.....he's stating the truth! Can you liberals/democrats please look at what is going on in the world today? We cannot afford to have four more years of Obama!!!!! At I love how all these feminists spoke at the DNR....meanwhile they can forgive a president that gets head from an intern. Hypocrites!!!!! If you love your strippers, then vote for Romney. Some left wing loon will be sure to oust clubs altogether in the near future. Gatorfan you crack me up!
  • Prim0
    12 years ago
    I've said it before...both parties are wrong in my book....why: Republicans want government out of how you run businesses but want it in your bedrooms. Democrats want government out of you bedrooms but into your business. I want a strong party that will stay out of your fucking business...bedroom or corporate! The problem with government is that it stops serving the people and starts serving itself. I think it will take a major revolution to change things because both parties are out for power and themselves, not for us...the people.
  • txtittyfan
    12 years ago
    This should be an interesting election as we now appear to have more people voting for a living as opposed to working for a living.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    LIEING, THIEVING WHORES !! ALL OF THEM !!! OH WELL !! We get what we deserve. I'm moving to the Northwestern Territories up by farmerart and will start hunting and fishing. LOL
  • 10inches
    12 years ago
    once the user/moocher class takes over, the hard working taxpayer will never get it back.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    I think he is saying some true shit. Today's "revelation" is palestinians don't want peace. Well no shit. Yet all the talking heads are about "the peace process" which really seems like welfare for palestinians.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    Looking at the US election from afar via TV news, newspapers, magazines, and internet sites I can only say that Romney is running a pathetic campaign. Obama is eating his lunch as a campaigner. Both of them are pretty smart guys but Romney just seems to be unable to communicate to the average person. Occasionally in the cook shack up here in camp the rig pigs will talk US politics. The big Romney issue with my boys is his refusal to come clean with his tax returns and his record of killing jobs with Bain. The big Obama issue with my boys is his social agenda, not health care but everything else. Good luck making your choice, my American tuscl buddies.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Thanks Art, but we are doomed either way. LOL
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    As an independent voter, I see Romney as quite possibly the poorest candidate the GOP has put forth in my entire lifetime. His stumbles on his big foreign trip a few weeks ago and his recent mideast speak before you know whats going on bumbling has convinced me that man is pure 100% clown. I don't want a silver spoon like that in charge of the military. Obama is bad enough but Romney has made it clear as day that this election is a choice of two evils and we have to decide the lesser. Romney is not the lesser. The GOP should be ashamed for nominating such a poor candidate. If they wanted a Mormon the other one was far more qualified and somebody I could vote for. I could even stomach Santorum and his cocky mouth. I can't tolerate a clueless flip flopping piece of shit like romney though. My biggest decision will be can I vote for a disaster like Obama or should I waste my vote on someone else? Stupid GOP.
  • londonguy
    12 years ago
    What does GOP mean? My perception is tha Obama has promised a lot and delivered little, is that right? Much like Cameron over here, promises everything to get in power, doesn't deliver and panders to the coalition party.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    GOP - Grand Old Party.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    GOP = Grand Old Party, born in my home state of Michigan back in about 1830, londonguy. The lovely small city of Jackson where I lived with my girlfriend gave birth to the GOP. Why, you may ask?? Beats me, I'd have to look it up. The GOP is a needed counterpart in American politics. As the world changes, it behooves us to have choices in our elected officials as it does there in your nation. I'm an Independent these days voting my conscience irregardless of Party affiliations. I'm very liberal, perhaps not a particularly well-liked position amongst many of our TUSCL people, but oh well.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    Romney is indeed a weak candidate for the Republican party. He is a product of the social conservative wing of the party. As a result, he will have a very difficult time attracting independent voters who will decide this election. Last time, John McCain, was about a modeerate as the republicans can come up with, and even he could not win. If you took the time to read Romney's "off the record" comments at the fundraiser he was absolutely correct. He said that 47% of the people in this country are dependent on government checks to survive. At least 47% of the people do not pay any taxes. Who do you think those people are going to vote for. The 47% figure will continue to grow as long as Obama continues to increase the number of people getting government aid. In my opinion., the Republican party will NEVER win another National election because of this huge, and growing, base of support. Because of unemployment benefits, undeserved welfare recipients, disability recipients who are not really disabled,etc. the incentive to work and provide for oneself and family is quickly disappearing. Unfortunately I do not see this changing in my lifetime. My only hope is that they keep the strip clubs open.
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "I'm very liberal, perhaps not a particularly well-liked position amongst many of our TUSCL people" Well, cranky middle-aged white guys are the GOP base after all, lol
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    Snowtime that isn't correct at all. Are you suggesting that the entire 47% of voters who don't pay taxes or receive government assistance are all democrats who vote for obama? That is patently ridiculous. If that is the case Obama should win in a landslide from people with jobs or wealthy who happen to be democrats or independents voting for him. Come on. There are lots of "Republicans" receiving government assistance of some kind.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Personally, I think in the next four years the money is going to run out. It won't matter who wins.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    TortillaChip-- The 47% figure was from Romney's speach. The number itself is not particularly important. The point that I (and Romney) was trying to make was in respose to the questiod "How do I (Romney) get elected". His answer, which in my opinion was correct, was that those who choose to live off of the government during their productive years are always going to vote for the party who is supporting them, i.e. Democrats. Obviously we are not talking about retired Social Secutity recipients as those people EARNED that money, and many of them are indeed Republicans. Hell, if were dependent on the government for my food (food stamps), housing (govt. housing, aid), cell phone (govt. issuedcell phones), etc. I am sure that I would vote Democratic. The simple point that Romney (and myself) were trying to make is that there is NOTHING he can say to get this block of voters to vote for him. If the use of the 47% figure was confusing, I apologize. That was not he point of my comment. And for the record, I am not a fan of Romney. I detest he positions on social issues and will probably vote Libertarian, as I often do.
  • snowtime
    12 years ago
    Steve229-- You are absolutely correct that a large base of the Republican party is made up of cranky old White guys. However, I think you are mistaken to take that a step further and include TUSCL's older members as hard core Republicans, as I interpreted your post. I do consider my self a cranky, old, White guy and have personally met about 10 other TUSCL guys who fit that description. However, most, if not all of them, are VERY liberal on social issues. Yes, we are quite conservative on fiscal issues and are concerned about excessive government spending. But most of the guys I have met are very liberal on social issues(abortion, religion, recreational drugs, prostitution, strip cubs, etc.) I suspect most of us would be thrown out of a Republican meeting if we attended and made our opinions known. So, feel fre to call us "cranky old men" (White or Black), but please don't lump all of us in with the Republican party.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Vote for me. I'm the only guy who promises to do my best to shut the government down.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    Ron Swanson 2012!
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Both candidates are "turrible, just turrible" How bout voting Charles Barkley for prez
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    True or not Romney shot himself in the head with those remarks. Democrats must have had that in their pockets for a while which is why they put Obama on coast during the democratic national convention. I was hoping for a horse race, but it's all over now. Oh well, see what 2016 is like.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Snowtime: liberal on social issues, conservative on economic issues = libertarian. Probably the predominate outlook on the interwebz, and definitely here.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @Dougster: A fair bit oversimplified, but not far off.
  • zipman68
    12 years ago
    Hear hear Doc_H on Johnson. Probably the one honest politician out there. I didn't vote for him when I was a New Mexican, but grew to admire him. He makes sense much of the time and says what he thinks. Of course, that is why he has no chance... I'd vote for him if he did. That said, the anti-liberal stance here has always puzzled me. Everybody here is fairly liberal socially -we all want the gov't out of our bedrooms. What party wants in? Does anybody really think federal spending would really drop significantly under Romney?If you do I've got a bridge in NYC I'd like to sell you. I predict that Romney will keep spending,lower taxes, and might but into our lives more on social issues. He ain't gonna be no libertarian. The 47% number is BS. It is income tax. But there are other taxes. The CBO says the lower 20% in the income distribution has a negative income tax rate (consistent with 47% not paying) but a positive overall tax rate. The actual number of "no federal tax payers" is more like 10%. Are there mooches in the US? Of course. But this 47% line of Romney's is just BS. He has to be smart enough to know federal income tax Is not the only federal tax. So he is just lying (more accurately, telling a half truth to intentionally mislead). I'll hold my nose and vote for Obama - he sucks but Romney is going to be much worse.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    I just want the goddamn budget balanced.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "That said, the anti-liberal stance here has always puzzled me" Really? Generally speaking, a majority of the regular posters are (IMHO) older, white, and have above average incomes. Doesn't that = textbook Republican? I think it's a huge misconception that either the Conservative or Republican label means anti-strip club.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    @motorhead: I think the other factor is if they are Christians and if so how religious. The religious Christians Republicans are the ones likely to oppose strip clubs, IMO. I doubt have many religious (as in active) Christians in the board. Dudester was one, but super whacko, so might explain why it was a consistent set of beliefs in his autie-brain.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    What fo you mean? Jesus loved whores! John 8:7
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    @smokeshopjoe- Totally untrue about mormons for the most part. Cant tell you how I know but I do. Ill be voting for Romney.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    @doc: now what on earth do repulican Christians have to do with anything Jesus taught?
  • Longneck
    12 years ago
    Republicans and Democrates are both owned by the same group of people the GOP just has more nutters in its base. Obama would be a Republican if it were 1990 but GOP has gone so far right they've let most reasonable people behind and are now dependent on crazies and extremely wealthy. Which is not a large voting block.
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    haha! Thats funny, a stripper defending Mormons. I guess when Mormmons live in sin they do it with strippers and divulge information that can't be repeated.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    How are the Strip Clubs in Utah? Maybe Romney might be good for business?
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    I personally don't have much of an issue with the Mormons, sure they're a wacky bunch with some odd beliefs but I also think they're generally a honest and positive force. I won't say the same for a lot of other religious groups. Romney was a weak candidate, but the GOP was lacking in good ones and anyone with any sense could see Obama would be a tough guy to oust. Republicans are still reeling from Bush and (Romney was correct about this) a lot of people don't want to admit they were wrong about Obama. The serious Republican candidates sat this one out and will duke it out for 2016. Unless something changes drastically I fully suspect a Republican president when Obama's done. But in reality it's all academic. Until our government decides to reign in spending and start reducing the deficit, it really doesn't matter who is in charge. If I vote, and I'm not sure I will, it will probably be for Romney but only because Obama has been an even bigger disappointment than I thought he would.
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    @tortillachip- Yes yes, I'm sure it seems funny (eye roll) The stupidness from a few on this site makes me cringe
  • londonguy
    12 years ago
    Thanks for that Vince, and others. Maybe you need a third party that can offer the people a real alternative to the Democrats and Republicans? We def need a third party over here to break the monopoly of Labour and Conservatives. I have always voted before but as things stand I will NEVER vote again over here.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    Even if you stop making moves, you are still in the game. You need to find someone who is not Labor or Conservative - Greens?
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    Stilleto if you don't see the funny in that, look in the mirror for stupid, or maybe a sense of humor.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    Mormons are no more (or less) deluded than any other religious. The Gaians, Wiccans and other so-called pagans are probably the most rational of the bunch. I mean seriously. Anybody who's ever been in an old growth forest at night *knows* that tree trees are watching you.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Strip clubs in Utah suck. It isn't worth going to one.
  • bjag625
    12 years ago
    Republicans against strip clubs? Look at the city of Chicago and the state of MA -- hardly run by conservatives! Not to mention republicans are willing to spend their money and aren't looking for free lap dances. jester214: please vote.....we need you! To all the Obama fans.....we gave him a chance and he failed. Let us not go through four more years of his failed policies. Let's give Romney a try and at the very least get this economy back on track. Putting social issues aside, which are all decided on the state level anyway, who do you honestly think has a better business sense and can pull us out of these very difficult economic times? C'mon people come to your senses!
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    @tortillachip- Nope I actually dont see the funny. Im looking in the mirror though, and I dont see stupid. I guess I should take "your" word for it though.( And another eye roll)
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    When you roll your eyes, I picture your mouth slightly open and audible sigh. Also your drinking yerba mate or that robobos tea, cause it's Seattle and weathers always crappy.
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    @Doc- Lol, you got it. Seattle weather has been good lately. Its been a pretty amazing summer here. Come November though, weather will suck again
  • Club_Goer_Seattle
    12 years ago
    Certainly is weird weather here now in Seattle. It's in the low 80's in the daytime. Virtually a summer free of rain, and leaves are already turning for the beautiful fall folliage we have here. It must be having an effect on us club-goers. I've had some great success in a couple of the local clubs lately!
  • jester214
    12 years ago
    Shut up. I'm already jealous of the PacNW, don't go waving your fancy weather in my face.
  • TortillaChip
    12 years ago
    LOL, strippers with thin skin *rolls eyes It wouldn't be funny if a fireman voted for an arsonist. A policeman voted for a guy with a felony rap sheet three pages long. It certainly wouldn't be funny if a stripper voted for a Mormon, considering that stripper claims to have information about Mormonism that she can't reveal(maybe that mormons in secret love strip clubs, drug abuse, wanton sexual activity and wouldn't condemn or try to abolish that way of life), we just have to trust a stripper. (LOL!) Sorry baby, but your thin skin is either funny or stupid. You choose. In light of our exchange, I already have LMAO. I can tell you're a last word kinda gal too, so go ahead, I'm done here lol
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Careful, Tortilla, Alucard is not only psycho but thinks he is on love with Stiletto. Keep it up and he'll be flooding you with psycho PMs.
  • Stiletto25
    12 years ago
    @tortillachip- Well I guess thats all ya got huh? And you wont be coming back around these parts because your obviously such a gentleman (and another eye roll.....plus a scoff) that you will let me have the last word. Sorry Chip, but an eye roll doesnt equal thin skin, or maybe you just dont get women. You can make fun all you want but I'm keeping my religious history to myself. The stupidness from a few on this site makes me cringe
  • nickifree
    12 years ago
    TUSCL users, clinging to their silicon breasts and beers.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    ^^^ NICE!
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    I hate talking politics on a strip club website, but... Bin Laden was killed in Obama's term. The country isn't worse now than it was 4 years ago when Bush left it. I'll admit Obama hasn't lived up to all his promises, but he deserves another chance. This would be a different story if there was a stronger Republican candidate. Obama might be bad, but Romney is that much worse. It's gonna be Obama in a landslide.
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    It will be Obama, easy. But he doesn't deserve it with all the Hope & Change talk and little delivery. Plus hype of Lobby reform all the while hiring a record number of lobbyists to push through his Healthcare Bill. And then the expanding Patriot Act and NDAA, SOPA, etc. He's a poor liberal and a hypocrite. All this, and minus the Fical Cliff, a decade of poor budgeting by both parties. So, I'm voting a third party because the two in power are irresponsible.
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "That said. I'm still voting for Johnson." Wait, libertarian? third party? I just realized you guys have been talking about GARY Johnson All this time I thought you were voting for DICK Johnson.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I know I'm voting for Dick Johnson. Obama awaits his 72 virgins. Romney hides his 72 wives. All I want out of life is 72 blow jobs next year.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @motorhead: Cutting back, are we?
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    After the debates, I feel better about Romney. However his record of policy changes is confusing. This election is less the 'lesser of two evils' than it is 'the devil you know vs the devil you don't know'.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Is that Lyndon Doc?
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    I was going to stay completely out of this, but I have but a single comment/rhetorical question. I find it incredible that there are still those that are "undecided"! Do they remain locked in a cave somewhere with no input, at all, to their senses?
  • Doc_Holliday
    12 years ago
    Clubber- usually I'd agree with you, but Romney is the most indecisive candidate the Rebulicans have ever nominated. The RNC and Fox News had to fight harder and longer for his nomination and against more opponents than I have ever seen in my lifetime. Personally, I've been set on Johnson for a month or two now. His policies and record I agree with. And Romney will win Texas by about 800,000 to 900,000, votes anyway. No exaggeration. Alucard - which Lyndon? I may have. It's an old proverb and I just feel uncomfortable about Romney's changing positions. He did do well in the debates and it did make me feel better if he wins. Poor guy, he's been running for President for so very long...
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion