tuscl

Ever Met Marraige Material At A Strip Club?

stenton1
Florida
Monday, May 7, 2012 6:56 AM
A good friend of mine met a gorgeous stripper last summer at a strip club in Maryland. It turns out that she was an elementary school teacher, and she was working as a stripper to supplement her income due to the tough economy. Anyway, he got her number, and they started a real relationship. She went back to her teaching job last Fall, and stopped stripping. Now that summer is approaching, she swears she won't go back to stripping, and my buddy is contemplating getting engaged to her. On one hand, it sounds great, but on the other hand, I told him that she could always go back to stripping if lean times hit. He said he couldn't deal with that, so I am staying out of it. Any of you ever had a similar situation?

41 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    "Any of you ever had a similar situation?" NO. But the teacher/Dancer could end up an ex-teacher if her Stripping becomes known to her Board of Education. NOT very tolerant people. Said friend better possibly plan on an unemployed teacher wife if he marries her.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    I don't understand this attitude. The implied assumption that the people one meets in strip clubs aren't marriageable is just as stupid as assuming that the people one meets elsewhere are *good* spouse material.
  • thesamurai
    12 years ago
    Bottom line is don't date a stripper if you can't handle her being a stripper. Teachers at the beginning of their careers often need to supplement their income with summer work.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    My ATF, were we within 10 years of each other. With the age difference, none, at least in the traditional marriage meaning.
  • stenton1
    12 years ago
    Agreed...I have dealt with a few strippers in the past, and every last one of them told lies, so now I take everything they say with a grain of salt. I will offer my friendly advice to him. If the school board ever found out, she's toast, which makes me wonder if that's true.....probably not! LOL
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Marriage ? Hell the fuck NO !
  • jerikson40
    12 years ago
    "I don't understand this attitude. The implied assumption that the people one meets in strip clubs aren't marriageable is just as stupid as assuming that the people one meets elsewhere are *good* spouse material." Um, no. Strippers are pre-qualified. For a woman to dance in a strip club is generally an indicator of other stuff going on. Not always, but almost always. Women are generally raised to believe that strippers are ho's. And most women would sooner die than to be seen as a ho. Of course there are women out there who you should never even consider marrying. But while there might be a likelihood of, say, 10% of the general population that fall into that category, with strippers it's more like 90%. Some would say it's more like 110%.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    Yes, but I wouldn't ever marry one. I like the sex with them, but I don't think I'd want to live with a stripper.
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    Yes. One. Thats all I'm gonna say
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    Marriage material in a strip club? I guess it would depend on what you want out of marriage. Most strippers I know have been married at least once, and so some guys must see them as marriage material. On the positive side, most dancers are young and attractive. On the negative side, most dancers are uneducated, dependent on alcohol and drugs, irresponsible, and promiscuous. I'll take a pass.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    At this point in time I don't intend to ever marry, so the question doesn't apply for me. I'll take the positive benefits of the relationship without the LEGAL requirements.
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    "Um, no. Strippers are pre-qualified." You're experience differs from mine. I've met plenty of strippers that don't fit into your stereotype.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "You're experience differs from mine. I've met plenty of strippers that don't fit into your stereotype" :)
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    "On the negative side, most dancers are uneducated, dependent on alcohol and drugs, irresponsible, and promiscuous." Yes MOST are. But the ONE that I would have married was not any of those things.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    I though I did twice, before realizing what baggage was involved. Honestly though recent xATF had potential before that went sour. The girl who was my ATF before being de-throwned by most recent xATF was also a moonlighting teacher. Got scared off by some of the baggage. Can it happen, yeh. are the odds good, hell no.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    George and drac spot the fuck on !
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "Marriage ? Hell the fuck NO !" The gene pool breathes a collective sigh of relief.
  • steve229
    12 years ago
    "The implied assumption that the people one meets in strip clubs aren't marriageable is just as stupid as assuming that the people one meets elsewhere are *good* spouse material." @GMD - I don't know, even if your wife didn't mind, it would still be bigamy, wouldn't it?
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "The gene pool breathes a collective sigh of relief" You mean you wouldn't breed the next Einstein or Newton? LOL If I were to consider a Dancer as possible wife material, then my current ATF is as close as I've come across in 20+ years. BUT I'm not looking to get within 1000 miles of that situation with her. A "Friend with Benefits" scenario is ideal for me.
  • stenton1
    12 years ago
    Update; I just talked to my buddy about this again, and he told me that he loves her, but he always has this gut feeling that she's not being completely honest. I told him to trust his gut, and proceed with caution. By the way, she just asked him for 200 dollars tonight. Guys, all of these stories end up the same way, but I guess we've all been kicked hard in the ass once or twice! Too bad, I can see this train wreck a mile ahead, but a hard head makes for a donkey style ass kicking!!
  • georgmicrodong
    12 years ago
    @steve: True, but I've never considered bigamy (or any form of marriage/commitment involving more than the traditional two people) to be any more immoral than any other commitment. Stupid maybe, but not immoral.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    If she stays away from dancing from now on & she doesn't get fired as a teacher for dancing & they as a couple can support themselves well enough, well then I can see the union succeeding. Of course, any marriage between any 2 persons has its challenges & needs to be worked at. "Agreed...I have dealt with a few strippers in the past, and every last one of them told lies, so now I take everything they say with a grain of salt" stenton1 have you ALWAYS told the absolute truth 110% of the time during your life? Unless you have, putting down dancers for being less than 100% truthfully is not being fair. I've told plenty of lies in my life, some white & some worse. Before denigrating Dancers for telling lies we should observe this old "Biblical" saying, perhaps a bit paraphrased: "Let He Who is Without Sin, cast the First Stone!" How many of you fellow members have never told a lie? Heh...
  • stenton1
    12 years ago
    Well Alucard, I would be lying if I said that I have never lied.:) The problem is that the lies I have been told by strippers have been Whopping, Life Changing lies! I have been lied to about about every topic under the sun by many strippers. That's why I am concerned that my buddy doesn't get jerked around. Yes, I've told them lies about my money, as to not dump out my bank account, or my whereabouts if I didn't want to go to the club. I guess what I've learned is that many of these women are master manipulators, who will literally craft a different persona that doesn't exist. So, throw the first stone if you must, it's just that I don't want anyone else to get reeled into a vortex of extreme bs and lies... Of course, he'll probably have to learn the hard way, like many of us have, until he wises up.
  • Dougster
    12 years ago
    Maybe about half a dozen over all the years.
  • Clackport
    12 years ago
    I don't think so.
  • MADDOG_ROMEO
    12 years ago
    Got to the thread late, but have to agree with Drac, gmd, MoHead and Juice as usual on this.... I'm not jaded enough to rule out a SC Marriage Material situation, nor would I go looking for it....
  • cnyknight
    12 years ago
    If you post a discussion aimed at the converse of this one titled "she turned out to be a-ok" and compared the responses there to all of the crashed and burned stories ... the numbers will speak for themselves. In theory, is there a stripper out there that truly is only dancing for a little extra money, has a real career, and is real relationship material ... sure ... cold fusion is a good theory too.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    Cynicism will get you nowhere.
  • looneylarry
    12 years ago
    Saw one dancer one time who could have easily been wife material. Stunning brunette with a very level head. Could carry a great conversation, had a plan to dance for two years and then get out of it. Booked her own shows and traveled a Midwest circuit. Owned her own house and had a nursing degree. She really had it together. I should have followed that trail.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    You NEVER know in Life when & where real great potential wife material will appear. You have to be ready to take the chance & pursue it when the opportunity knocks, if that is what you want.
  • steve_ny
    12 years ago
    I know a few that I would say are marriage material. I guess the main thing to understand is that bitches be crazy, inside or outside the club. Just like I'm the real world, you can sit in a club and eliminate about 90% of the dancers. It only takes about 15 minutes to figure them out. The rest have to be filtered, because they have something different and it takes time to.figure out if you can trust them. Even in the real world, they can lie, manipulate and Fuck you over.
  • rh48hr
    12 years ago
    NO!
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "that bitches be crazy, inside or outside the club" & "if you can trust them. Even in the real world, they can lie, manipulate and Fuck you over." With that sort of an attitude toward women, if I were a woman I wouldn't want to be within 100 miles of you & your toxic attitude!
  • steve_ny
    12 years ago
    Lol, bitches be crazy was from the Heartbreak Kid with Ben Stiller, basically all women will drive you crazy at some point and make you shake you head with no way to see it coming. Doesn't matter if they are a stripper or lawyer or hairdresser. My point "Even in the real world, they can lie, manipulate and Fuck you over." was basically saying don't be so paranoid about strippers, I hear so much negativity on this site but I have seen my friends have some pretty bad experiences with other women. I think strippers and women in general are pretty awesome. It's the guys at the clubs that are pretty much douchebags.
  • DandyDan
    12 years ago
    Considering that in my 12 year history at my present job, I've only met 3 women I would have ever considered dating, and considering how many strippers are just too crazy to date for real, no. Most can be eliminated simply because they have kids. A lot who don't have kids are just too crazy, or on drugs. I just can't say there is anyone I would ever consider marrying.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    If you're only thinking of marriage as fucking a hot girl, then yes a few times. In one case I thought because she was bi, we might be able to hook up and then I could have 2 or 3 females to fuck. That is if the marriage was considered open to fucking other girls. If you're thinking of marriage as some life long commitment where you spend countless hours with someone, then no. I'm not insane. I don't want someone telling me what to do. If a dancer reminds me of my sisters-in laws, then hell no, no way, you're crazy for even mentioning it.
  • deogol
    12 years ago
    It would seem believers ain't just in churches.
  • m00tpoint
    12 years ago
    I met a masseuse in a club around Chicago recently. She has the most amazing hands ever. If I could run off and marry her, I would. I told mr m00t that too. He just laughed. Guess he thinks IL will not have same sex marriages any time soon.....
  • Revo
    12 years ago
    There is only one reason in my opinion to get married. And that is to have kids. The rest is just an artificial construct, we have been conditioned to live under.
  • harrydave
    12 years ago
    All I can say is, the probabilities are low but not insignificant.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    harrydave - I believe that it can happen.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion