tuscl

SC Financial Advice Needed from the Masters

Papi_Chulo
Miami, FL (or the nearest big-booty club)
Saturday, February 18, 2012 6:07 PM
I would like feedback from some of our more seasoned TUSCL brethren w.r.t. SC expenditures. I have always worried that I may be spending too much money on SCs - don't get me wrong - it's not like I don't pay my bills b/c I am clubbing. But I wonder if I should be spending less and saving more especially towards my retirement so I may have a comfortable retirement and maybe still club in my golden years!!! Obviously this is a very personal/individual thing/question. But for any of our more "mature" TUSCL(ers) whom may be in retirement or near retirement age, what are your thoughts in terms of having fun now (age 42) vs. having less fun (cutting back on SC(ing) which I LOVE) in order to be able to enjoy SC(ing) into my "golden years". Would love to hear from our "mature" TUSCL(ers) in particular, but would appreciate comments from all.

31 comments

• Alucard
    12 years ago
    Obviously retirement savings & Bill paying are important. I'm 57 yrs old & I spend more on the "Hobby" now than I did 15 - 20 yrs ago. That's because my income is higher than back then. I'm not married & have NO dependent kids that I know of! LMFAO Just a couple of pets to house & feed besides myself. It all cums down to much you're comfortable spending & how much the time spent in Clubs means to you. Your DECISION!
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Let me clarify. I really enjoy SC(ing). My dilema is whether I should enjoy myself now (i.e. enjoy/take advantage of it now), or "perhaps" be "smart" and have some fun now but not all the fun I want or can get and save $$$ so I can SC when I am older. I know this is an individual thing. But I guess I wanted to hear from the old timers who would say yay or nay; i.e. "I wish I would have done as much as I could when younger" or "I'm glad I saved when younger and can do it now when I have more free time and I'm perhaps lonelier"? Thanks.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I've always spent as much as I can afford, while taking care of Financial obligations. I guess there is NO universal right answer. It is personally what YOU want & need to do.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Thanks Alucard, Short, sweet, and to the point, as always!!!
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    You're very welcome Papi_Chulo. I try to be honest with my opinions & feelings here. Sometimes they rub some people the wrong way. That's LIFE!! LOL
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I'm with Alucard. I'm in my 50s too. No wife. No kids. So I have no problem spending some money now. I don't have a bunch of kids to leave it to. And I don't really see myself cruising or having an expensive lifestyle in my retirement.
  • shadowcat
    12 years ago
    I agree with Alucard. The important thing to remember is to be financially secure when you do retire. I am coming up on the 3rd anniversary of my retirement. I can live on 1/3rd of my retirement pay. Another 3rd goes to strip clubbing. I always had enough money when I was working just not as much time as I do now.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    @motorhead: Do you see yourself clubbing or having the means to club when you are retired? Or you haven't given it much thought?
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Thats awsome shadowcat. Hope I can be in your position when I get there. Thanks for posting!
  • motorhead
    12 years ago
    I guess I haven't given it much thought. But I guess I've assumed I wouldn't go. I dont know why other than sometimes I feel a liitle "old" now. I still tend to go late night so I'm "out of place"
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    I prefer Days despite my Vampiric handle. LMAO I don't like travelling so far from home at night in my "Old Age"! So I'm not out of place among the "Oldsters who go in the afternoons. LOL
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    @motorhead: Screw that "so I'm out of place ..." stuff! If you enjoy it then do it/go-for-it. What else are you going to do, go to the library! I'm sure if you stopped now you would regret it a few years later when you are older. SCs are "bizarro" world where everything is turned around. At a SC, you don't have to be good looking, don't have to have the best lines/rap, etc. I think most dancers only care that the customer spends a descent amount of $$$ and is cordial. Often times, I see myself been bypassed by the dancers as they give more of their attention/loving to the older guys! Plus you are there for you - who cares what others may think. I'm sure you apprciate the ladies/loving/attention and I'm sure the ladies appreicate you. Thanks for your post.
  • Alucard
    12 years ago
    "I see myself been bypassed by the dancers as they give more of their attention/loving to the older guys" We old guys have been around the block often enough that we know how to treat a woman RIGHT...Whether she is a Dancer or NOT. That's a lesson some "youngsters" cannot seem to learn. Plus we tend to have a bit more $$$ usually.
  • mjx01
    12 years ago
    Life is a crap shoot. Some people live to 90 or 100. Some only get 60. Some get even less than that. The key is balance. You have to live somewhat now becasue you may not get much more, but you have to save enough to be prepared for being around awile. Step one, pay all your bills. Don't take on unnecessary debit. It doesn't make sense to be droping a grand on strip clubs if you've got 10k on your credit card at 19+% interest. Step two, figure out what you need/should be saving for later. If you can cover that plus money leftover for fun, you're set. If not, you have to decide how you're going to ration what left after paying bill between saving and enjoying.
  • brimmy
    12 years ago
    Fuck it.......spend until the wheels fall off!!!!!!!!!!
  • jackslash
    12 years ago
    I only became a strip club regular a few years ago, when I had already reached maturity. Well, maybe not maturity but at least the appearance of it. I can afford to hit the clubs 2 or 3 times a week, and I want to be able to continue the same level of activity in my golden retirement years. My advice is to fund your IRA accounts to the max to prepare for retirement, and then spend all that's left in strip clubs. I regret that I did not go to strip clubs more often when I was young. Why was I so good and responsible? What was I thinking? Little Emily and Diana did not need to attend college. They could have become strippers.
  • farmerart
    12 years ago
    Spend your money as you make it. Just make sure you have a supply of dog food set aside for nourishment in your golden years. The stuff is cheap as chips when you buy by the gross at warehouse stores. It never goes bad. There is an infinity of taste choices available. Just this week I opened a case of chicken liver in gravy that I bought back in the 70s. Go for the canned stuff. That dry kibbles and bits dreck turns into petrified stone after 30 years.
  • gatorfan
    12 years ago
    What you need is a taxpayer bailout to increase your long term risk. I would suggest buying into silicone based companies but diversify with some Apple stock. Take 100% of your dividend and capital investment gains and shove them up her ass. Now that turns a stripper on.
  • vincemichaels
    12 years ago
    I'll join ya, Art. Sounds tasty. Spend what you want, Papi_Chulo. People get hung up on saving until retirement. For all you'll know, you might die suddenly, without warning.
  • BadBitchesOnly
    12 years ago
    Also consider cutting other hobbies out, such as golf, vacations, don't dine out at high end restaurants....etc. There you can save several hundred bucks/mo and BOOM....there's your club cash.
  • bhunter5252
    12 years ago
    My rule is to take CASH to clubs. No plastic. Pay the bills and yourself (savings). Then go have fun
  • bobvz
    12 years ago
    SC'ing is part of my retirement planning for sure. I am 58 and get way more attention than I ever did years ago. I think the thing about knowing how to treat a woman is very valid. It works both ways in that I know what to expect, how to treat a woman, and they know we know what the deal is.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    I'd say pay your bills first. Get out of debt first. Spend on yourself first. Set aside a certain amount of what is left over for savings or retirement, if you have employer matching, then that amount is often 6 percent to get matching money. Not getting employer matching money is like burning money. Then if you can, a Roth Ira. If you really want to save you can max out your work IRA but I would fully fund a Roth IRA first each year if you can (everyone's situation is different). Then with the extra disposable income, have fun. Of course you should have an emergency fund in case you need cash for emergencies. If a large comet hits the ocean early in 2013 and wipes out everyone along the coast and strip clubs shut down next year, will you regret not having had fun because you saved too much or will you regret having saved too little because you made it to old age? A lot of decisions are personal. At some point you do need to set aside money for a rainy day.
  • sharkhunter
    12 years ago
    After paying bills and setting aside a certain amount for other things, I go with a balance. Just think, if I had saved a lot more, I could have lost a whole lot more money in the stock market crash in 2008. At least I got something out of going to strip clubs. Most of my life savings is getting wiped out by our politicians spending money like crazy which in effect is devaluing the dollar and robbing me of most of the value of my retirement funds. The dollar doesn't buy as much gasoline or food as it used to just 5 years ago.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Here is something to think on. If you go clubbing twice a week are you enjoying yourself twice as much as if you went once a week? If you go twice a month are you enjoying yourself twice as much as if you are going once a month? Think before you spend is the key. Is this really the best use of my money? Would I rather spend this money on more trips to the club or a dinner at a good restaurant or an upgraded piece of tech or some new clothes or on monthly payments on a better car or...save it for retirement. The worst spending is the spending we do purely out of habit without getting much real enjoyment out of it.
  • inno123
    12 years ago
    Here is something to think on. If you go clubbing twice a week are you enjoying yourself twice as much as if you went once a week? If you go twice a month are you enjoying yourself twice as much as if you are going once a month? Think before you spend is the key. Is this really the best use of my money? Would I rather spend this money on more trips to the club or a dinner at a good restaurant or an upgraded piece of tech or some new clothes or on monthly payments on a better car or...save it for retirement. The worst spending is the spending we do purely out of habit without getting much real enjoyment out of it.
  • Clubber
    12 years ago
    PC, Here are my $.02... Before I retired, I spent a lot more in clubs. Easy to do when income fluctuated. After retirement, I just about quit clubbing, since the "extra" cash stopped flowing. Now, back at work, I am sort of in-between, but I tend to follow vm's rule. You never know when you're gonna kick out of this life, so enjoy while you can! I had a very difficult lesson in this about 40 years ago. Just as I started my "career, and old time retired. This guy and his wife (childless by designed) worked their lives to save for extensive travel worldwide during their retirement years. When he left work on the Friday, he was complaining of back pain. He spent most of the next week in traction. Comes to the office for some paper work. Goes back to the doc and is found to have multiple cancers throughout his body. Bottom line, he never traveled one place other then the hospital and cemetery. He died inside a month after he retired!
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    @Clubber: Wow - that is a sobering statement/story my friend! Thanks for the post.
  • Papi_Chulo
    12 years ago
    Many thanks to all that have contributed to this thread. The comments were very insightful and I will strongly take into account many of the suggestions/advice given. For anyone else reading this thread in the future and would like to chime in, please do. Thanks again to all.
  • JuiceBox69
    12 years ago
    Papi I'm younger and way from being maturee lol ! But this is my $1.50 Quick side note this is my plain lol ! #1 do some deep soul searching. What I mean about this is thank about life and what it and the thangs in it mean to you? What are the thangs you can and cannot live without ? Thank about every large and small thangs ! Important and the seamingly unnportant. Thank about how long you thank you will live ? Be honest ! Thank about your eating habbits,smoking habits, sex habbits, exercise habbits and so on.....then look at what you will need saved/invested for retirement. Juices plain: I'm almost 30 and have 12 more years of raisen my kids.....so for the next 12 I'm going to fix up my house to rent out and a van I'm going to fix up to live out of when I'm 40.....(not kidding) I've looked deep into my life and want nothin more than to travel the country enjoying what God has made ! I realy love ladies that much !....I'm getting fixed just so I have no more kids lol !......since I will not need much on food and housing and so on it will only cost me $2,000 a year to live on...besides clubbing lol that's a whole diff number lol ! I also plain on buying more trailers and real estate to rent out and let a prperty manger handel the bs just send me my check in my po box . #2 papi by the time I was 23 I had barried mother, father, brother and a small child then my wife up and leaves....I also lost the family business. So I say live for now we are not promised a tommorow....now plain and hpe for a future but I would put little into it cause now is more promising Good luck from juice
  • Bishop4224
    12 years ago
    Papi - As my parents told me, pay yourself first. I'm fairly young (31) but I've determined how much I'm comfortable saving per year, what my bills are, and how much I'm comfortable spending on frivolous activities. While I know you may be gone tomorrow, save what you can now and let it compound so you can retire rich, fat, and comfortable. Contribute yearly to an IRA (if you don't exceed the income limits) and to a 401k (if you have access to one), and keep an emergency fund. Remember, you may help a dancer out financially when they're in a pinch but it most assuredly won't be reciprocated.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion