tuscl

Wear a pink shirt to a club?

Tuesday, January 25, 2011 1:59 PM
Just curious as to whether or not dancers would take notice ... maybe wander by to say hello more often, etc. And whether it has a positive effect on the sacred odometer in the VIP? Yes this is some out-of-the-box thinking, but what with major sports leagues (baseball and their pink bats and football's go with pink this past fall) getting on-board the idea of guys wearing pink seems to be more socially acceptable now. Any budding social scientists willing to give it a try and report their, ahem, *findings*???

29 comments

• metaldude
    13 years ago
    I think that's a great idea. I might have to add to my SC wardrobe.
  • EarlTee
    13 years ago
    I have had excellent results with t-shirts depicting cute things from childhood. Curious George got me a LOT of extra attention, all positive. I'll bet Winnie the Pooh would be a big hit. I don't know about plain pink.
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    My stepfather once said to me "You wear a pink shirt and I'll skin you alive. You hear me ? I'm serious. Men do not wear pink shirts."
  • Dudester
    13 years ago
    My stepfather once said to me "You wear a pink shirt and I'll skin you alive. You hear me ? I'm serious. Men do not wear pink shirts."
  • jackslash
    13 years ago
    Pink? You want to look like a pussy? The way to get strippers' attention is to wave money at them.
  • EarlTee
    13 years ago
    Another shirt I had had Tootsie Pops screen printed on it. That started lots of conversations with dancers, mostly about sucking. (These shirts were given to me by a female friend. They made sense as gag gifts in contexts I won't bore you with. She would be appalled if she knew that I have used these shirts to attract young snatch.)
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    I don't know that dancers are aware that pink is the color for breast cancer awareness. Awareness isn't allways their strong suit. Using Jackslash's logic, green shirts should get you the most attention. But ultimately, I don't know that what you wear really matters, its more of what you spend. A fat ugly man with a big wad of cash is probably more attractive to the girls than some young hunk without two pennies to rub together (AT LEAST INSIDE THE CLUB)
  • SuperDude
    13 years ago
    Federal green is the only color.
  • shadowcat
    13 years ago
    I'd rather wear pink than purple!
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Dudester, your father obviously had self-esteem issues. *Real* real men don't give a flying fuck what other so called "men" think of what they're wearing. :)
  • steve229
    13 years ago
    First off, CT, not all guys (actually very few) can pull off the pink shirt look, since it requires a certain savoir faire and an innate sense of your own masculinity. As it happens, I'm wearing a pink shirt right this moment. Secondly, I'm not convinced it would have the intended effect. Not sure how the topic came up exactly, but a dancer once shared that she "hated" guys who wore pink shirts, since they unfailingly turned out to be "pretentious jerks." lol.
  • jeter6970
    13 years ago
    My 18 year old son likes to tell me I need more pink in my wardrobe because girls his age like guys who wear pink. I'm not really looking to pick up girls my son's age, but if younger dancers are your thing they might take notice of men wearing pink. I DO, however, wear a pink "I 'heart' Boobies" rubber wristband, and often have dancers make positive comments about its color. And they are all aware that it is for breast cancer.
  • BaddJack
    13 years ago
    I am an old, ugly, fat guy. Prim0 must have read my playbook when I wasn't lookin'....
  • roccoinla.
    13 years ago
    Got two pink polos and two pink button downs..I don't know about other places, but they work here. I never fail to get comments about how nice it is to see a man in a pink shirt. Of course, I'm a pretty good tipper as well. Btw, gonna make my first venture into the Dallas SC scene tonight..will wear a pink shirt to see if it works here.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    The only color strippers care about is green
  • bumrubber
    13 years ago
    Pink shirts = preppy = money or comes from money.
  • CTQWERTY
    13 years ago
    Specifically I have a short sleeve pink Polo and it's pretty radiant. The thought is to wear it to a moderate-to-upscale club with a fair amount of square footage (yeah, this would be perfect for Rhino or Sapphire in Vegas...) Would it pry a gal away who's otherwise sitting with a regular? Draw random smiles from the girls from across the room and on stage? Up the experience of a lap dance? Good luck, Rocco!
  • lopaw
    13 years ago
    Yes, I wear pink to clubs all the time. I'm told I look quite lovely, thank-you-very-much.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    Black is my lack of color of choice.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Clubber, actually, when talking about pigment, black is *all* the colors, not none. :)
  • Prim0
    13 years ago
    Black is the absense of light. Grey is the mixture of all the colors. White is a combo of all wavelenghts of light. Just technically that is.
  • georgmicrodong
    13 years ago
    Black pigment *absorbs* all light, reflecting none. White light is the presence of all colors in the light, black pigment is the presence of all colors in the pigment.
  • BaddJack
    13 years ago
    The ink is black. The page is white.
  • Clubber
    13 years ago
    I wear black and look for pink!
  • troop
    13 years ago
    the only pink i'm ever in is pussy ;)
  • farmerart
    13 years ago
    I will occasionally wear the gaudiest Hawaiian shirts in my wardrobe - pink, chartreuse, whatever. Invariably I will be the most outrageously dressed guy in the club. Strippers ALWAYS comment on these funky shirts. So, as an icebreaker, the shirts work magic. After that moment cash is king. It sounds as though I am the same sort of physical specimen as BaddJack. My playbook contains the same moves as his.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I have been told to not wear white or light colors because you can see them easier through tinted glass and two strip clubs around here have tinted glass cubicles as walls for the lap dance area.
  • samsung1
    13 years ago
    I thought about buying a "I support single mothers $1 at a time" tshirt but several strip clubs around here are strict with their dress codes and might give me a hard time entering.
  • bigdude012
    13 years ago
    I wear a red and black hawaian style shirt. It might look a little gaudy but it's made of silk so it's very comfortable.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion