tuscl

Redundant SC Reviews

Tuesday, October 12, 2010 6:56 PM
I have stopped submitting reviews for every SC I visit. Now I only submit a review if a club has not been reviewed for months or if I have an experience that is significantly different from what is reported by other reviewers. This may be either a good experience or a bad one. What do you other regulars on tuscl do?

22 comments

• georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    I think I prefer to review even if my experience is the same as others'. Reinforcing other viewpoints, good or bad, is as valuable information as differences of opinion for interested readers.
  • txtittyfan
    14 years ago
    I do not have a wide variety of good clubs in my area to allow for variety, so I try to vary review by time of day.
  • troop
    14 years ago
    i don't post reviews of every club visit. although there are some exceptions i do about the same as you do art. (another reason for you to adopt me imo) :)
  • clamheart
    14 years ago
    A couple of my local clubs are so inconsistent that frequent reviews seem to be talking about totally different places. As a result, you can read a piss poor rating one day and shortly thereafter get a review that sounds like the place is the Playboy Mansion. Of course that review might have come from the owner...which is a real possibility. I think having current reviews on hand is very important. As we know, some clubs rarely get reviewed b/c patrons aren't members of tuscl or don't bother reviewing. So those of us who do review are providing a useful service, IMHO.
  • spandexman
    14 years ago
    I don't get out too often, and travel a great distance to whereever I go, so really use the reviews as a guide, and try to review after a visit, simply to help the next possible customer out. I have never seen the same group of girls at any club so every review is different.
  • inno123
    14 years ago
    I agree that it is worthwhile to review even if your experience is the same as others. It provides another data point, both in terms of someone reading the reviews and in terms of calculating the average and 12 month trend of reviews. I will agree though that once you have given a detailed review of the club the subsequent reviews don't have to retread a lot of the details.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    I have submitted two dremagirls reviews within the past 30 days and did not get VIP credit for the second one. I felt obligated to write it though to call out the club on their false advertising and shady business practices.
  • samsung1
    14 years ago
    When I read the reviews on a club I am thinking about going to, I start off at the very first review and read from there to avoid reading so many recent redundant reviews.
  • CTQWERTY
    14 years ago
    Seems to me those of us with many reviews are weighted differently in a club's average, ie we have a disproportionate affect.
  • Dudester
    14 years ago
    I notice some repitition, but my reviews are different from the other reviewes.
  • DandyDan
    14 years ago
    I don't review places I go to on a regular basis anymore unless there is an obvious significant change to the place. Clubs I don't visit often I generally always review just to post my views of the club, even if I am repeating what someone else already said.
    14 years ago
    Very similar to DD. Clubs on my regular rotation I rarely review. Would have to be something out of the ordinary, good or bad. New clubs for me I'll do a review. Clubs I get to infrequently I'll review once or twice a year. I like to keep the VIP membership active but don't do a lot of "bonus" reviews. Others experiences don't influence whether I'll do a review or not.
  • magicrat
    14 years ago
    I don't make it to a lot of clubs, so I don't always do a review of those. If I do hit a club that isn't reviewed as much, I will always do a review of those. Otherwise, only if the experience is significantly different from my or others' previous reviews. I was at a regular club on a Sunday night and will do a review of that one just because there were only a couple of Sunday reviews of this club.
  • dallas702
    14 years ago
    I have reviewed less than half the clubs I visited. No real rules govern my choices, but if it was a short unexceptional visit you probably will not read about it. I usually do not review return visits unless something has changed or my experience is very different for other recent reviews. Bottom line for me is (I guess) do I have a rant, warning, heads up or a brag. Something I think worth writing about happens (or doesn't happen) about one SC visit in 6 or 7.
  • dw.buck
    14 years ago
    my advice is to review the club after every visit. how many of us read all the reviews dating way back. as i look at potential sc i will look about 6 months to maybe a year back anything over that well things and dancers change so it might be inaccurate. especially the prices and fees. even if your reviews are teh same you can inform us of the ladies that you see who is a good dancer who is not, the scammers, the high milage, the ones who give extras the ones that dont. its all good data points and info used in selecting a club so REVIEW AWAY PLEASE
  • mmdv26
    14 years ago
    I paid for my membership here because I didn't want to have to be writing reviews all the time. I usually just go to one club, so I guess I could cut and paste and just keep my comments the same from visit to visit. Alas, that would be unfair to the rest of you who might be looking for valuable information about that club. I joined TUSCL to get reliable intel about other clubs. I only do a review if something significant happens at my home club, or if I visit another club AND I think my review could provide useful info for someone else about that club. I usually avoid describing the physical layout of the club in reviews I do. Really....if I need to piss, I'll just ask where the restroom is.
  • vincemichaels
    14 years ago
    I will give a club a review when I either visit it on my travels, or several months have passed. I have a neat California club I was just at that I will post a review on today. The clubs in Detroit that I go to, I'll wait a few months to review again. Not much really changes at them, the mileage is usually very good, so unless there are some changes, I won't re-review them
  • MisterGuy
    14 years ago
    "Seems to me those of us with many reviews are weighted differently in a club's average, ie we have a disproportionate affect." Yea, a review from a reviewer that has been a TUSCL member for a long time (or a reviewer with a lot of lifetime reviews?) carries more weight than a review from a newbie.
  • sharkhunter
    14 years ago
    If I don't need to post reviews to keep my membership up to date and nothing changed from my past reviews or anybody else's reviews, I won't post a new review. Sometimes less information is better if it's only the same ol same ol that has already been posted. Now if someone has new information, please post away.
  • rickdugan
    14 years ago
    farmer I am in the same camp. I try to post as many reviews as possible but some clubs have such a massive number of similar reviews that, if I have nothing new to add and my experiences were similar, I may not post a review. Also, sometimes I simply do not remember a lot about a club, particularly on a night where I am doing a multi-club tour. Alcohol may be a contributing factor ;) I have reviewed about 35 clubs since the beginning of this year (a couple twice) and probably visited another 10 that I did not review for different reasons.
  • uscue13
    14 years ago
    I stopped writing reviews everytime I visit because more often than not it's the same. I'll write one if I have a unique experience or if my VIP is running out mainly because there's no point in inundating a club with so many of my reviews that five of the most recent 10 are from me. Wish there was a way to maybe set up a trust rating (vouch system) from other posters so if you get to a certain number of trusts that you get VIP for a year. Can possibly cut down on redundant reviews, but then again it might also leave the site slow on reviews as well.
  • georgmicrodong
    14 years ago
    Let me clarify my earlier comments. I'd *I* go to a club and have the same experience as my last review, I wouldn't repeat it unless there was something significantly different about it. If I go to a club and have the same experience as the previous reviewers, I *will* relate that experience, as another data point for other readers.
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion