tuscl

No cell phones in clubs

mr_33
Florida
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 6:19 PM
Went to a club today for lunch that had a sign on the door "No cell phones". I can totally understand, especially since most phones have cameras. But I always bring my phone because I don't wear a watch and I've found almost every club I've been in goes to great effort to avoid showing the time. Even clubs with TVs playing various (sports) channels don't seem to show the time. But today I found the best reason not to bring a cell phone into the club. Even though the phone was in lock mode (no buttons do anything), somehow it became unlocked and dialed my wife's cell phone while I was getting LDs. I thought something was up when I pulled the phone and noticed it was unlocked and on the address book. So for subsequent dances I put it on the table next to us. Checked the call history once outside the club, a 5:48 long call to my wife's cell phone (it's the only number in the address book). F*CK!!! Damage control: I cranked up the volume on the car stereo and called the number again, leaving the phone on the seat. A 3+ minute call about 40 minutes after the previous one. I'm hoping the music in the club was loud enough to drown out anything incriminating. Assuming I get out of this situation, next time I will start powering my phone off, or just leaving it in the car.

13 comments

• deogol
    15 years ago
    Searches... metal detectors... cell phone bans. Makes a man not want to bother anymore. I can get that shit at the airport.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    I've always understood that what they really mean is for you not to use it while sitting down at your table inside the club, probably because they all got camera phones now. If you have to use the restroom, it's OK there, at least at the club I visit most. I can't say that's the way it is in all clubs, but it seems reasonable to me.
  • Notsosly
    15 years ago
    Mr_33... what happened to you is one of my bigger fears. That's why I never bring it in the club... I just leave it at home or in the car, along with anything other than car keys and cash. But ya, their motive for banning them is absolutley camera/video phones.
  • shadowcat
    15 years ago
    My favorite club does not ban them. Most of the dancers carry them. Mine stays in my car. I don't want to be interrupted. Ever have a dancer answer a call during a lap dance? What really pisses me off. The music is so loud that they cannot hear so they go to the men's room. I hate taking a piss with some dude talking on his phone right behind me. That is rude.
  • jayc
    15 years ago
    Some clubs ban them or check them into lockers for custs and some smaller dive strip bars tend to not care let you bring them in. Bartenders and dancers always know the time, until they have to leave.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    I found that my cell phone doesn't work in St. James. I don't know if it's the contruction, or something they installed. Houston Dolls, a dive right down the street, phone works fine.
  • icedawg
    15 years ago
    woah, dude that stinks. its a shame that you were in a music store and they had the music cranked up so loud that you didnt realize that you placed a 6 minute call to your wife ;) i have 2 fones, one is a flip, that one is pretty safe. the other is not. its a touch face, and and be answered without my realising it. and it has a gps. id hate for my boss to have to hunt me down... "WHERE ARE YOU? your gps says..."
  • jaxman5150
    15 years ago
    Heard of several incidents where a dancer got PO'ed and grabed a guys cel and threatened to call 'home' if guy didn't tip her.
  • mr_33
    15 years ago
    Update: My wife came home and said "You butt-dialed me twice today" (from that commercial for the blackberry that flips closed).
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    mr_33, You have to check back it here and let us know how you made out. No pun intended. icedawg, The cells I've had with GPS could all be disabled. I've heard that if you disable the GPS, a 911 call can still be tracked, however.
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    I go to clubs to get away from business pressures. A cell phone would keep me connected so I leave it in the car. Saw a guy talking on a cell phone during a LD. WTF! Hope that deal made him a millionare.
  • samsung1
    15 years ago
    I think clubs that are strict in banning cell phones would probably be low mileage because of such strict management.
  • Book Guy
    15 years ago
    Issue one: unwanted outgoing calls. "Butt dialing" and "pocket dialing" are dangers. The keyboards on non-flip-close phones are supposed to have locks on them, but every single one of them that I've ever owned has somehow butt-dialed somebody anyway. I don't have a wife so I haven't ever outed myself in a manner I wouldn't want to happen, but I could see strip clubbing being something that would instigate unwanted butt action of some sort or another ... By the way, on most of the more recent models, there's probably a way to set a "notification profile" that would exclude 100% of outgoing calls until a key-sequence is input or the profile is changed or something, so you could just remember to set it to that ... unless you want to wait, and then bother with the finer details of technological programming while you're focused on a hottie grinding your weenie, that is. :) Issue two: Plenty of clubs that I frequent have signs that say "no cell phones" and, obviously, they're out to reduce the pictures and videos that people could take of the girls. I am not against that idea at all, because, if I could take a cell-phone video in a club of a girl naked on stage and make her life miserable, then, by same token, someone ELSE could take a cell-phone video OF ME in the club and make MY life miserable. Nevertheless, I bring my cell phone (it's a latest model Blackberry, with all the bells and whistles) into the clubs quite often. Nobody hassles me about it, as long as I keep it in my lap when I decide to use it. I check for text-messages, emails, and whether or not voice messages have come in. I guess I could tilt it and start taking pictures. And, on more than one occasion, I've found a badly out-of-focus mug shot of me, or of a stripper, or of the two of us cuddling up, about three weeks later, filed neatly in my photos folder on my cell phone. Then I go, "Oh yeah, I did get the camera out when she and I were playing late in the morning!" I don't mind, as long as I'm the one who got home with the picture to delete it!
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion