tuscl

Favorite names for strip clubs.

shadowcat
Atlanta suburb
Wednesday, September 23, 2009 12:29 AM
My favorite was before strip clubs became into prevalence. It was a topless beer bar and was called the "Bearded Clam". If you owned a strip club what would name it?

22 comments

• chandler
    15 years ago
    The Lumber Yard sounds like a gay club. So does it's slogan. I'm just sayin'...
  • chandler
    15 years ago
    For cleverness and audacity, Chix on Dix. (It's on Dix Street.) Also pretty hard to beat Mons Venus.
  • gk
    15 years ago
    Names I've encountered that I like: Bottoms Up Playhouse Babes
  • steve229
    15 years ago
    If you owned a strip club what would name it? "Love Shack" The Love Shack is a little old place where we can get together Love Shack bay-bee! Love Shack baby! Love Shack, that's where it's at! Huggin' and a kissin', dancin' and a lovin', wearin' next to nothing...
  • TimboAtl
    15 years ago
    Here are two clubs that are currently open: Great Alaskan Bush Company - in Phoenix The Lumber Yard - in Iowa, with the slogan "Where real men go for wood."
  • gatorfan
    15 years ago
    Best club names: Dangerous Curves and Playhouse
  • DoctorDarby
    15 years ago
    I started watching bikini dancers years ago in a place called "The Last Resort." It was every bit the dive that its name implies, but I sure had fun there. I'll join you guys at Deano's. It's nice to know that "the boys are back in town!"
  • how
    15 years ago
    Thanks, BaddJack. In my retirement, I'll visit your club, Deano's Bar and Grill.
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    If I had a place I would name it "Deano's Bar and Grill" and Thin Lizzy would be required music every hour or so.
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    how: You may now retire. Referencing Coleridge, the shitty movie be damned, was brilliant.
  • how
    15 years ago
    Avoid: -- "The Fish Market" -- "ROB's Dance Club" -- "Dewey, Cheatam and Howe" (also avoid that law firm) Fun Strip Club Names: -- "The Baring Straits" -- "Papa Woody's" What I would Name My Club: -- "Xanadu" (in honor of Kublai Khan's Pleasure Dome)
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    Place names made me remember a comedy routine by George Carlin, as I recall. Places like "Bill's Bank". Bubba & Bobby Sue's Funeral Home", etc. bh1, Lot's of those in South Florida. Two within 15 miles of me, and I am NOT in town at all.
  • Dudester
    15 years ago
    Sin City
  • BaddJack
    15 years ago
    There was a club in the early 80s right outside of the White Mountain Apache Reservation in northern Arizona called "Buster Hyman's Lost Cherry Saloon" The restroom were labeled "Cherries" and "Busters." The girls were hideous, the beer served only in cans and it was dark and hot. It sucked, but I did take a pic of the sign outside. As an aside, on the same trip I saw a restaurant in Payson, Arizona called "Pedro Wong's Mexican-Chinese Cuisine" The food was GREAT.
  • DandyDan
    15 years ago
    My personal favorite club names I've been to are the Bear Chest Lounge in Beloit, Wisconsin, and the High Heel Saloon in Somonauk, Illinois. My personal favorite name in terms of wordplay is Sasnak in Topeka, Kansas. I don't know what I would name a club if I owned it. It would probably be pure nonsense phrase.
  • babehunter90
    15 years ago
    "Booby Trap"
  • SuperDude
    15 years ago
    "Some Local Dive"
  • OneAngryDwarf
    15 years ago
    [view link] Was randomly browsing through reviews and came across this one, thought it was amusing. As a reviewer explains, it used to be a wood furniture store, which makes it even funnier. Pity it's gotten terrible reviews.
  • "Lying sluts here nightly....you will not get laid"
  • Slothrop
    15 years ago
    Always liked "The Office Lounge" in Charlotte just for the name. "Honey, I'll be at the office for awhile, then I'll be home..."
  • Player11
    15 years ago
    They call St James here in Houston "The Church"
  • Clubber
    15 years ago
    These days it would be "Shaved Clam", but for me, a good name would be "Busta Nut".
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion