tuscl

ever have good food at a strip club?

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 5:18 AM
hey everyone- I'm writing a story on strip clubs that also have quality food, and I was wondering if there were any that stood out to you guys. They could be fancier places or just somewhere that makes a really good cheesesteak or burger. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Eric

21 comments

• parodyman-->
    16 years ago
    There is a bar near me that has fashion shows. They serve a good hamburger. There used to be a bar called John's in Chicago that had a homestyle Italian buffet that was some of the best I ever had and they had fashion shows / nude entertainment upstairs in a private room. But that place is long gone.
  • DandyDan
    16 years ago
    The only place I know about that had any type of menu beyond snacks is the Flamingo Club in Lawrence, Kansas, which has a buffet during the lunch hour. I had some good chicken the one time I went there then. Of course, that was several years ago, and I don't know if they do it still (but I thought they did). I wouldn't call it five-star dining, but it was still good.
  • shadowcat
    16 years ago
    Most of the clubs in the Atlanta area serve lunch/dinner, Burgers, wings, etc. Not bad but I do not go to strip clubs to dine. Most noteable is the Pink Pony South. They have a sushi bar located right above the main stage. Not my idea of DATY.
  • ClevelandTom
    16 years ago
    Try Secrets in Cleveland. Huge kitchen with really good food. They used to have .25 wing night on Sunday. Unfortunately, the dancers aren't up to the level of the food.
  • Dudester
    16 years ago
    In Houston, St. James has an adequate dinner buffet-but nothing to write home about. Other Houston spots offer food. Some of the fancy clubs on Westheimer-Centerfolds, Penthouse Club, etc. offer a rotating menu-which offers a steak night (see their websites). I eat before I go to a club, then use good dental practices. A dancer will give better mileage (get close) if your mouth doesn't smell like an ashtray/sewage plant.
  • rob0411
    16 years ago
    Go to Detroit. Many of the clubs are "Gentlemen's" clubs and cater to the business lunch crowd. The food is excellent and relatively inexpensive (considering it's a strip club). The clam chowder at the Play House is top notch. Food at the Flight Club is uniformly good. The Landing Strip used to have a buffet which was good, or you could order off a menu which was better.
  • magicrat
    16 years ago
    The Men's Club in Charlotte, NC. I had lunch there once and it was very good, not just for a strip club, but a nice lunch. The sights weren't bad either.
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    Gentlemen's Gold Club on the outskirts of Baltimore has a kitchen that serves food prepared on the premises. I've only ever had lunch there which is primarily sandwiches, and I've only ever tried the burgers but they are pretty good. I'd guess that the dinner menu is more extensive but I don't know that for a fact. It's a very fancy place.
  • ShotDisc
    16 years ago
    Wacko's in JAX. it is a dive, bikini bar with hit or miss dancers, but the lunch selection and quality is very good for the price.
  • brainiac
    16 years ago
    Kahoots in Columbus OH has excellent food. They serve everything from appetizers to burgers to filet mignon. Since it's close to where I live I sometimes stop there just to eat.
  • imnumnutz
    16 years ago
    Crystal City Restaurant, near Reagan National Airport just across the Patomac River from DC. Have not visited recently, but used to have a very good prime rib special for under $10 that was worth twice the price.
  • robofan
    16 years ago
    Ten years ago all the top tier strip clubs in the Detroit area employed world class chefs and featured fine dining at rock bottom prices to lure customers in. The portions were huge and the food outstanding. Unfortunately the rock bottom prices are gone as are the huge portions but most have retained top chefs and outstanding food. Some even have wine lists that rival any top restaurant. Flight Club, Coliseum, Players, Play House and the new Penthouse Club are the best.
  • Book Guy
    16 years ago
    I've been to many places that have a free lunch buffet -- generally "guy food" like chicken wings, little mini-hamburgers, chips n dip, mostly cheap for them to produce. The food hasn't ever been "stellar" but I'd have to say the price was right. Often the dancers eat up nine tenths of it. If I remember correctly, Michael's on the interstate frontage road in Houston had a nice big weekend lunchtime buffet. Here in New Orleans you often get a thing termed a "fried chicken buffet," which means that one big 30x60 inch chafing pan has fried chicken legs from Popeye's, and another is a vat full of red beans and rice (generally with sausage), and ya serves yo'sef. These are good buffets because red beans and rice is a good food; and Popeye's chicken is good; but they aren't really TRULY GOOD FOOD, not of the Galatoire's variety. Beats the heck out of those damn mini-submarine things they make for wedding receptions in Dubuque, tho'...
  • FONDL
    16 years ago
    I agree with Imnumnutz, CCR has decent food at very reasonable prices, which is why the place was always packed at dinner time and everyone was eating. And best of all, my ATF used to serve it too me. Which is why it was my regular hangout for a couple of years. Many happy memories.
  • Clubber
    16 years ago
    Yes, a few times, but I know that one of the places, it was brought in from outside. Funny thing to me is, best best food I have had was the buffet or free lunch that some clubs have. Food I paid for, a few were really good, others, not even close.
  • casualguy
    16 years ago
    I sometimes eat the pepperoni pizza at Platinum Plus in Greenville, SC. It's good. I used to eat the hamburger and fries in a little add on restaurant with an open door at Mickey's in NC. I thought that food was good. It's been a few years since I've been there though. I remember the little add on restaurant at Mickey's to be very convenient and prices actually close to a regular restaurant price.
  • frenchiexu
    16 years ago
    Racer's in Sparta, Kentucky, just outside the Kentucky Speedway. They are attached to a Steakhouse. I had their Surf and Turf there a few months ago. They normally serve Shrimp with a NY Strip. Since they were out of NY Strip they gave me a Porterhouse instead at the same price.
    16 years ago
    Delilah's in Philly has a very tasty happy hour buffet. Very flavorful, good balance of meat, fish, and vegetables. Ordered off their menu on a couple of ocassions, very good but pricey and cooked to order so wait can be awhile. Don't like to have food interfere with my entertainment. Saw the steakhouse in Treasures, Las Vegas. Small but very plush. Prices seemed reasonable for the location but didn't have the opportunity to try out. Heard good things about it.
  • PBTC
    16 years ago
    Rachels in WPB has pretty good steaks but very pricy. Of course, everything about the joint is pricey.
  • Philip A. Stein
    16 years ago
    Robofan mentioned a few of my favorites. I really like the Coliseum, excellent steaks with a good selection of beers to wash it down, then let it settle with a cigar followed by a lapper or two. Ahhhh, life is good. I will also mention La Chambre, I eat there on occasion. Good steaks and burgers. They had corn beef and cabbage on St. Patty's, it was ok.
  • SuperDude
    16 years ago
    Does DATY count?
You must be a member to leave a comment.Join Now
Got something to say?
Start your own discussion